Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Music Friday UKMIX

Legend
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 01:16

Another ratchet RayRay moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by aRatchet View Post
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 01:54

Buy Madame X, sis @Goldmoney

Legend
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 03:49

Maybe when I get bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by aRatchet View Post
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Legend
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 22:06

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Another ratchet RayRay moment.

It got a bit too much for me.
    First my favorite Madonna posters leave.
    Next MariahMix is gone and everybody starts posting again just in one Mariah thread.
    And then my favorite song is overlooked with a comment by Wayne as if I am not really a part of UKMIX as he points out I have a different taste in music. (While I joined this forum because I found so many people who have the same taste...)

I'll try to be my rainbow self again.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 20:05

EDIT: Never mind! She's already been added!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 06:24

Auguste Vedrickaite - Demonai

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

by » Thu June 27th, 2019, 21:42

Kind of forgot about last week's since I've been working night shift and am all over the place. Here's a quick selection of last week's new releases; I'll put a little more care into this week's when I post it on Sunday/Monday.

Despite me rushing this and it being late there's a lot of great new releases. The Zara Larsson single is incredible, while the Mark Ronson, Hot Chip and Hatchie albums are also great. Liss and Lil Nas X also dropped EPs, while there are more interesting singles from ALMA, Kim Petras, SG Lewis, Daya, Chloe x Halle, Michael Kiwanuka and more.

Legend
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

by » Fri June 28th, 2019, 01:40

Maybe New York City now deserves the Top Spot to celebrate the release of Step Back In Time
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

by » Fri June 28th, 2019, 10:59

George Maple’s new single Magic Woman is out.
    DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

by » Sat June 29th, 2019, 22:01

I would like to participate in this topic but, reading back, I feel like whoever is running the thread is being selective.
    In the case of @RayRay, he had a song suggestion and the reasons why ya'll didn't include it fell flat to me.
    When you're gonna start this kind of concept you have to include EVERY suggestion, but it seems like...if I wanted to suggest a song from a relatively unknown singer you might or might not include it.
    You can't be picking and choosing, it's called New Music Friday UKMIX and you have to let everyone participate.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Thu July 4th, 2019, 20:50

New song from Czech Republic.

Lenny - Lovers Do

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Fri July 5th, 2019, 17:45

Hey UKMIX Fam,

Super excited to announce the release of my song "Bottle Down" as the first single from my upcoming album.

It's available on all streaming platforms - and all support is greatly appreciated - and here below is the video!

RJ x
    Baaaaad relationship??
    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 11:20

Quote Originally Posted by Hejira View Post
    I would like to participate in this topic but, reading back, I feel like whoever is running the thread is being selective.
    In the case of @RayRay, he had a song suggestion and the reasons why ya'll didn't include it fell flat to me.
    When you're gonna start this kind of concept you have to include EVERY suggestion, but it seems like...if I wanted to suggest a song from a relatively unknown singer you might or might not include it.
    You can't be picking and choosing, it's called New Music Friday UKMIX and you have to let everyone participate.
    Including a song has nothing to do with it being unknown or not. The point of this thread is for users to post songs they find in addition to the the playlist. I try and include at least one song each user posts each week in the playlist as well. Some are too old, some aren't available on Spotify, and in that particular user's case they get overlooked because I was in a rush and didn't see their post. I would've had no problem including it if they hadn't been rude about it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 11:32

I'm catching up so here's the last two weeks of playlists.

Last week's edition features two legendary diva's including a Kygo collaboration from @Nippan93 favourite (Whitney Houston ofc) and two versions of the new single from the legendary Celine Dion @Wayne.

@Loose also posted about the great new single from underrated diva, singer, producer George Maple, which also features near the beginning of this playlist.

Australian legends The Veronicas also feature, while Kamille (the writer behind many of Little Mix's biggest hits) features with her Dr Vades collaboration.

R&B legend Brandy teams up with Daniel Caesar, while H.E.R puts hyped rapper YBN Cordae on her new track. There are also great dance tracks from Kingdom and Jacques Greene, new rap joints form A$AP Ferg/City Girls, Iggy Azalea, Unknown T/AJ Tracey, alongside beautiful ballad from Sasha Sloan, a banger from Bad Bunny and J Balvin, plus a cover from Grace Carter.

Legend
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 11:53

This week's new playlist is the first as far as I'm aware to feature a UKMIX member, with @Rawiri James new single featuring alongside an R&B single from the now independent Cassie, and new tracks from British R&B artists Mahalia and Kara Marni.

UKMIX favourite Post Malone is back with a Young Thug collaboration, while Will Smith's children Jaden and Willow have collaborated for a track on the former's new album ERYS​.

ROSALÍA gets the front cover with the two new singles from her ******* Money Man release. It's nice to see someone with such a big reach put out Catalan music (they're bangers too). There's also UK rap from the likes of Lethal Bizzle, Geko, Headie One/Skepta and Toddla T/Chip on this international as usual playlist.

Promising UK popstar has finally Eyelar released her debut single in the form of Voices, a banger for the Spotify generation that will hopefully win a few fans here. There's also new music from promising more UK R&B artists, such as the soulful single from Lily Moore, or the Y2K banger from MNEK/Becky Hill affiliate Ryan Ashley (who wrote this track about a bad relationship his friend Becky was in).

Swedish popstar Agnes is finally back with two new singles, with the electronic I Trance featuring in this week's playlist. Jorja Smith goes garage thanks to a killer remix from Conducta, while the Blinkie remix of Mabel's Mad Love turns it into a pop-house number. Gorgon City, Lone, Bonobo and SecondCity are also back with new dance tracks this week, while X-Factor alumni Rak-Su are back with a new UK pop track, and ex-Eternal member Louise is back with a new one produced by Clean Bandit. A more country influenced pop song from Czech artist Lenny also features thanks to UKMIX member and regular contributor @LastDreamer

@LOVE+FEAR has suggested a new remix of the current Aura Dione single, this time the 80s pop influenced remix from Neon Capital. This sits in well alongside some of the more alternative tracks on the playlist from One True Pairing and Modern Nature. Comeback tracks from Skunk Anansie and Gabriella Cilmi also sit in this eclectic section of the playlist, alongside the new Sam Fender single and a stunning, somewhat abrupt closer from Empara Mi.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 12:06

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing some comments to some tracks

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 15:19

Lithuanian pop again.

Monique - Promise

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 15:20

Marija Akelan - Lopsine

Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu July 11th, 2019 at 20:08.

Legend
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)

by » Sat July 13th, 2019, 12:38

Omg listening and saw @Rawiri James name come up! Will definitely give this a listen.

Legend
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 18:29

Something a bit more quirky for Call Me Loop, still waiting for her breakthrough!

Legend
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

by » Mon July 15th, 2019, 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik View Post
    Including a song has nothing to do with it being unknown or not. The point of this thread is for users to post songs they find in addition to the the playlist. I try and include at least one song each user posts each week in the playlist as well. Some are too old, some aren't available on Spotify, and in that particular user's case they get overlooked because I was in a rush and didn't see their post. I would've had no problem including it if they hadn't been rude about it.
    I wasn't even rude about it. First I made a joke about it with funny emoticons. Next I explain myself. Then I decide to unfollow. Which of these was rude???
    My Instagram... - Click here

Roadie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last edited by JonathanLGardner; Thu July 18th, 2019 at 19:43.

Legend
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

by » Fri July 19th, 2019, 16:51

Beaut.