User Tag List

Thread: Doris Day died at the age of 97

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 16:35

Doris Day, one of Hollywood’s most popular stars of the 1950s and ’60s who was Oscar-nommed for “Pillow Talk” and starred in her own TV show, has died. She was 97.

The Doris Day Animal Foundation confirmed the legendary actress-singer died on Monday at her Carmel Valley, Calif. home.

Though she was marketed as a wholesome girl-next-door type, the comedies for which she was most well-known were actually sexy and daring for their time, and her personal life was tumultuous, with four marriages and a notorious lawsuit.
    The vivacious blonde, who also had a successful singing career, teamed with Rock Hudson in “Pillow Talk” and other lighthearted romantic comedies including “Lover Come Back” and “Send Me No Flowers.” Her other significant screen roles included Alfred Hitchcock thriller “The Man Who Knew Too Much” (1956), co-starring James Stewart and featuring Day’s Oscar-winning song “Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be”); and “The Pajama Game” (1957), based on the Broadway musical.

Rest of the article here:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...er-1203212685/
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 18:06

Shame, we can’t forget her fantastic song Que Sera Sera though.

Legend
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 18:09

A true legend in all of entertainment, with a breathtaking contribution to the industry.

I remember reading loads about how committed she was to her fans, writing back to them even in her 90s.

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 18:58

One of the greatest legends in entertainment. "Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera Sera)" will go down as her signature tune - and was a huge No. 1 hit over here. However, "Secret Love" was even bigger - one of the biggest charting songs of all time. RIP to a true legend - shame she didn't quite make 100.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 20:08

R.I.P Doris.

Looks like only Vera Lynn still alive from traditional pop glory days.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Legend
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 20:14

Such sad news - she’ll live forever because of Que Sera though.

Manager
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 13th, 2019, 21:45

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    A true legend in all of entertainment, with a breathtaking contribution to the industry.

I remember reading loads about how committed she was to her fans, writing back to them even in her 90s.
    Me too. RIP to a true legend!
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue May 14th, 2019, 21:21

Big Doris fan so I was very sad yesterday. Even though she reached such old age she seemed to be in very good condition so I thought she could pull an Olivia and go into the 100s. Still, what a long and amazing life.

I'm not sure if younger generations are aware of just how huge Doris was, especially during her peak in the 60s. She was the No1 box office attraction from 1960 to 1964, (no other women has achieved this), and in top 5 in the years before and after. We're talking about movies where Doris is the star attraction, not some superhero flick with 50 actors. Besides that she had an equally successful music career. After her producer/husband died and left her broke, she bounced back with a hit series in the 70s and after that elegantly retired and dedicated her life to helping animals.

Doris kept her natural beauty and youthful appearance into the old age and it was such a joy seeing her appear for the birthday event organized by fans every year.

fallout 2 enclave soldier
    nearest td bank branch to me

nearest petrol station near me
    BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE