Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Austrian government collapses after far-right minister fired; new elections to happen

  1. #1
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,408
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 15:40

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...minister-fired

    Ibiza Gate happened last week in Austria, all ministers of Nationalistic party resigned and new election are on their way. The vibe in Vienna last weekend was amazing, it was a holiday-like feeling.

    Austria’s far-right interior minister, Herbert Kickl, has been fired in the wake of the “Ibiza” corruption scandal that has engulfed the Freedom party (FPÖ), leading to the complete collapse of the country’s governing coalition.

    In response to the sacking, the remaining Freedom party ministers resigned from their posts, which included the ministries for defence, work and transport.

    Kickl’s sacking follows the resignation of FPÖ leader, Heinz-Christian Strache, as vice-chancellor following the emergence of a video that showed him offering lucrative public contracts in exchange for campaign support.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

  2. #2
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,535
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 15:53

    It’s all good, daddy Kurz will save us <3
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  3. #3
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,408
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 16:26

    Stop it. That jerk needs to go down and he's useless. He coworked with this facist party and is now trying to save his ass and distance himself from the whole situation. He's as bad as any of them and I know you somehow have a soft spot for him, but please, spare me and check yourself. I wouldn't even jokingly say anything good about this waste of air.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

  4. #4
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,535
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 16:34

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    Stop it. That jerk needs to go down and he's useless. He coworked with this facist party and is now trying to save his ass and distance himself from the whole situation. He's as bad as any of them and I know you somehow have a soft spot for him, but please, spare me and check yourself. I wouldn't even jokingly say anything good about this waste of air.
    How dare you say those fake news? More respect for the chancellor of the country you are privileged to live in (instead of Serbia) please. K? #bye
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  5. #5
    Wayne's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Sep 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54,984
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

  6. #6
    stevyy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 May 2005
    Location
    .dk
    Posts
    54,646
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 16:53

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Europe is a mess.
    indeed... we deserve all the bad things which will irreversibly happen to us in the coming 20-30 years.

    a "me, me me" mentality, a total disregard for the environment, animals and people, far right movement, conservatism, racism, nazism, egotism, fake outrage, secrecy, CORRUPTION and overall incompetence is too much to survive.

  7. #7
    maroon's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Mar 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Posts
    6,631
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 17:21

    If Europe is a mess, what can you say about Africa, South America, Asia (Brunei, hello?!) ?
    Environment gets no respect in countries like India, Brazil, UAE etc. and yet people complain about Europe... :/

  8. #8
    stevyy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 May 2005
    Location
    .dk
    Posts
    54,646
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 17:40

    Quote Originally Posted by maroon View Post
    If Europe is a mess, what can you say about Africa, South America, Asia (Brunei, hello?!) ?
    Environment gets no respect in countries like India, Brazil, UAE etc. and yet people complain about Europe... :/
    one should never look at other countries that way. Because environmental protection starts with the individual. I don't care what other countries do, I want my country to do the right thing and maybe it could inspire others to follow that.

  9. #9
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,037
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 17:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    Stop it. That jerk needs to go down and he's useless. He coworked with this facist party and is now trying to save his ass and distance himself from the whole situation. He's as bad as any of them and I know you somehow have a soft spot for him, but please, spare me and check yourself. I wouldn't even jokingly say anything good about this waste of air.
    If y'all are lucky, he's gone by this time on Monday.

  10. #10
    maroon's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Mar 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Posts
    6,631
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 20:20

    Quote Originally Posted by stevyy View Post
    one should never look at other countries that way. Because environmental protection starts with the individual. I don't care what other countries do, I want my country to do the right thing and maybe it could inspire others to follow that.
    The thing is all the European countries already do a lot for the environment so calling them a mess for being the most innovative in environmental questions is nonsense.

  11. #11
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,408
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 20:29

    Like exporting trash to African countries? We don't get to destroy the world, then blame those who did the least to cause it and act good. Europe is doing bare minimum.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

  12. #12
    Serby's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jan 2011
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    37,408
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 20:30

    Who are the biggest consumers of the world? Rhetorical question.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

  13. #13
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

    by » Sat May 25th, 2019, 21:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    Europe is doing bare minimum.
    This

  14. #14
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,535
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

    by » Sun May 26th, 2019, 20:29

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab View Post
    If y'all are lucky, he's gone by this time on Monday.
    Haha don’t be silly, daddy Kurz is here to stay

    ÖVP holds a good lead in Austrian elections
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  15. #15
    Rihab's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19,037
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    by » Sun May 26th, 2019, 22:56

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Haha don’t be silly, daddy Kurz is here to stay

    ÖVP holds a good lead in Austrian elections
    Wait and see hun.

  16. #16
    ccadavi1's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    01 Apr 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    584
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Mon May 27th, 2019, 16:49

    Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    Like exporting trash to African countries? We don't get to destroy the world, then blame those who did the least to cause it and act good. Europe is doing bare minimum.
    Totally agree with this. As a man who is from a "third world country" I can see that a lot of people in Europe became so selfish and self centered as if the world needs to go around them (just because 300 years ago they spread the human rights ) and that's the main reason you're facing political challenges right now but most important in the economic field because most european economies have been growing slowly in the last decade (I understand the financial crisis that took place 11 years ago but if you face the fact that european work hours are decreasing shows the self centered position).

    On the other hand, I can tell people in Europe are supporting environmental causes but only on social media because new generations (specially in "first world countries) think that sharing a post on Facebook will make an impact ot taking a selfie with less afortunate children or communities will make an impact (but this is happening with the new generations worldwide). We lack on new leaders that will make young generations to follow but in taking actions (in social economical, educational and environmental causes in general) and making a real change instead of leaving it on the internet because they don't wanna move their lazy ass ot make a real contribution or even worse, they won't resign to their phone (if they wanted a change, they would make something for big companies stop purchasing metals from countries in conflict like Congo where the mining instead of being progress is spreading the civil war) and social media.

    People from "first world countries" behave differently when they travel overseas and that just shows that people don't really believe in what they want people to think (just because they inherited mod cons from the hard work from previous generations and they grew up having it all).

    If Europe were really honest, their governments would apply the same strict rules of social equity in all the countries. Just for example, if France would be interested on human rights for everybody, not just french or europeans, they wouldn't condemn Niger to eternal poverty selling them uranium to 1960's prices (why? because they wanted those prices for their own advantage and they didn't care in people's rights and economical growth in Niger).

    And even worse, latin america and Africa were colonized with selfishness, greed, disrespect for aboriginal culture, massacres, cultural elimination, imposition of religions and European authority and they never taught how to become political to every single person (as you have been taught since the XIX century) andf what's the resoult? countries created deliberately, sometimes not having even a language in common and learning by force how to live together and try to make out through. The only exception were most british colonies because they took people to work, not to invade, sack and become lazy rich people with no respect or dignity.
    Last edited by ccadavi1; Mon May 27th, 2019 at 16:57. Reason: Grammar
    Donna Summer / Janet Jackson / Tina Turner / Toni Braxton / Billie Holiday

  17. #17
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,535
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

    by » Mon May 27th, 2019, 19:30

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab View Post
    Wait and see hun.
    NOOOOOOOOOO he’s out
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  18. #18
    nekoocz's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Jun 2007
    Location
    London now
    Posts
    13,906
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    by » Sat June 1st, 2019, 18:50

    Vengaboys getting no.1 in Austria is hilarious. Nice to see that people there have a sence of humour
    nekoo.cz - follow me

  19. #19
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,535
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

    by » Sat June 1st, 2019, 20:37

    Quote Originally Posted by nekoocz View Post
    Vengaboys getting no.1 in Austria is hilarious. Nice to see that people there have a sence of humour
    Of course, this is the best german speaking country in the world <3

    It is kinda funny that We're going to Ibiza is the song
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •