Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz loses Confidence Vote, out of office

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 19:53

I am devastated by the news but there's still a bit of hope...if he remains the head of the VP and wins the elections later this year, he'll come back <3....yesterday's 35% vote is a good sign!

Kurz lost a confidence vote in parliament on Monday, removing him from office.

"An application (by the opposition Social Democrats) has been accepted, so he has lost the confidence," deputy parliamentary speaker Doris Bures said.

The move comes just after Kurz celebrated a big win for his conservative People's Party (VP) in Sunday's European elections, which is projected to gain 34.9 percent of the vote and two extra European parliament seats.

It comes in the wake of the so-called 'Ibiza-gate' scandal, which saw FP leader and Vice-Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache resign from both posts after he was caught appearing to offer public contracts in return for campaign help from a fake Russian backer.

That led to Kurz ending his coalition with the FP and calling early elections for the autumn, but the opposition say the 32-year-old leader must also take responsibility for the scandal.

The no-confidence vote against Kurz and his government took place in a special sitting of parliament with more than half of MPs withdrawing their support, making him the shortest-serving chancellor, as well as the first in post-war Austrian history to be removed in this fashion.

Social Democrats (SP) leader Pamela Rendi-Wagner accused Kurz of an unprecedented "uncurbed and shameless power grab" when bringing forward the motion against him. Kurz's former partner, the FP, also supported the motion.

It is now up to President Alexander Van der Bellen to appoint experts to lead the government and all the ministries until the elections.

A day is a long time in Austrian politics, with 32-year-old Kurz going from a vote winner to a vote loser in less than 24 hours.

Kurz's conservatives cleaned up at the European Parliament elections, finishing first with 34.9 percent of the vote from a 59 percent turnout, it was announced on Sunday night. The FPO, meanwhile, fell to 17 percent.

But Monday's parliamentary vote was brought by the minority opposition Social Democratic party, which said Kurz must share the blame for the state of Austria's politics. When the FPO announced it would support the vote, having been kicked out of government, Kurz's fate was sealed.

He remains popular, however, and is likely to emerge strengthened as FPO support collapses.

"Mr Kurz might end up having the last laugh," said Al Jazeera's Dominic Kane, reporting from Vienna. "The man who lost this vote today might end up a winner at new elections, and the parties who won this vote today might end up as the losers in the long run."

https://www.thelocal.at/20190527/aus...onfidence-vote
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 20:08

I truly thought you were joking, but I guess not. Tell us once again what good did he do for the average, working class etc people?
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 20:15

Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    I truly thought you were joking, but I guess not. Tell us once again what good did he do for the average, working class etc people?
    Sorry but he can’t please everyone...I personally think he’s a good leader,

He as been tightening border laws which I appreciate, and still giving foreigners a chance but through an application process instead of just coming in and claiming benefits

He also increased the work day hours for people who want to work more, so I guess that can count for the working class
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 20:19

Rise like a phoenix in the next elections, daddy Kurz!

Waking in the rubble (political mess)
    Walking over glass (vote out)
    Neighbors say we're trouble (Germ-any)
    Well that time has passed (next elections)

I rise up to the sky
    You threw me down but
    I’m gonna fly

Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 20:24

elated. good riddance. don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 21:21

You really live in your city centre bubble and it shows. Like, everything you wrote there is so off, especially the last part, so if you disagree, go check what it actually means that new working hours got allowed.

It's easy liking him when all he did is keeping the rich rich and making the poor poorer. You just dismissed yourself completely, I-

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 21:38

You really live in your city centre bubble and it shows. Like, everything you wrote there is so off, especially the last part, so if you disagree, go check what it actually means that new working hours got allowed.

It's easy liking him when all he did is keeping the rich rich and making the poor poorer. You just dismissed yourself completely, I-
    He is making it a little better for the people I must admit but can I really complain? No
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Manager
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 21:59

Bye Felicia. But will there be someone better coming after? I doubt it

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Mon May 27th, 2019, 23:23

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Bye Felicia. But will there be someone better coming after? I doubt it
    Its likely that he gets re-elected later this year...so st least things stay the same, nothing worse
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 01:14

Ofc it would get worse as every day with him in office was a hole getting deeper and deeper.

@ your post, that means you cant say he's good only cuz it's been good for the rich minority.

Not to mention he choose to cooperate with those extreme right wing nuts. Sis please, don't embarrass yourself, you are better than this.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 12:58

@Serby: Well, you can't really blame a Conservative to want to be politically represented by a politician that is a Conservative himself, can you? MusicRecords runs a business and believes in traditional values, so he's not really going to vote for the Greens either ;) .

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 13:13

Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    @Serby: Well, you can't really blame a Conservative to want to be politically represented by a politician that is a Conservative himself, can you? MusicRecords runs a business and believes in traditional values, so he's not really going to vote for the Greens either ;) .
    lol
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Manager
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 13:42

Being in a gay relationship is so conservative indeed and not you acting like the Greens are some new party disowning People with businesses

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 14:07

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Being in a gay relationship is so conservative indeed and not you acting like the Greens are some new party disowning People with businesses
    exactly, people who do not vote for the Green Parties in their countries are not very smart. That's all I'm going to say.

We only have one world which holds all the countries we know... but if you destroy the host, you destroy the leeches as well.

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 14:19

I think it's for the greater good if people stopped judging everything black and white only

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 17:31

@BeeBoy: You do know that homosexuality is not a lifestyle but a sexual preference, don't you? Homosexual people come in all sizes and colors - and so, there are heterosexual Liberalists and homosexual Conservatives. 14% of the LGBT people voted for Trump. Not every LGBT member matches the cliches of the flamboyant pride attendee. Some just want to live their life without making a fuss about their sexuality and believe in traditional values like god, supporting the family and the country.
    Of course, the Greens are not disowning businesses, but it's clear that their target group are neither your average worker nor the big company owners, but rather students and academics, as well as people with 'alternative lifestyles' and artists.

@LOVE+FEAR: Agreed! We shouldn't judge people for their political views but respect them even if they differ from our own. Additionally, we should be happy that we are allowed to take part in democratic elections, irrespective of their outcome, as there are enough places in the world where this still isn't a choice.

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 18:03

Ofc it would get worse as every day with him in office was a hole getting deeper and deeper.

@ your post, that means you cant say he's good only cuz it's been good for the rich minority.

Not to mention he choose to cooperate with those extreme right wing nuts. Sis please, don't embarrass yourself, you are better than this.
    Ugh look Serbia, just because u support a certain political party or whatever doesnt mean youre right and that people should follow that specific one...there are quite a few for a reason, so learn to respect others political views ;)
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 21:18

The irony of immigrants calling for tougher immigration laws and border control (as long as it doesn't affect them)..

Europe doesn't need (internal) borders.

Manager
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 21:54

Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    @BeeBoy: You do know that homosexuality is not a lifestyle but a sexual preference, don't you? Homosexual people come in all sizes and colors - and so, there are heterosexual Liberalists and homosexual Conservatives. 14% of the LGBT people voted for Trump. Not every LGBT member matches the cliches of the flamboyant pride attendee. Some just want to live their life without making a fuss about their sexuality and believe in traditional values like god, supporting the family and the country.
    Of course, the Greens are not disowning businesses, but it's clear that their target group are neither your average worker nor the big company owners, but rather students and academics, as well as people with 'alternative lifestyles' and artists.
    And you do know that These conservative parties are against homosexuality and having equal rights for these sexual preferences. Just because you don't want to make a fuss about your homosexuality wouldn't lead to voting for parties which will not allow you to marry, take part in military servive etc. Vote for the party which is best for the world and just lead the life you want, it is easy. The Greens don't have a target audience. It's just that people vote for it which believe in Europe,solidarity, climate protection and tolerance. It is true that the mayority of young, educated and people living in culturally diverse places like cities think that way but it's nothing which is not agreeable with tradional values
    Let's just agree to disagree.

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 22:03

Quote Originally Posted by Rihab View Post
    The irony of immigrants calling for tougher immigration laws and border control (as long as it doesn't affect them)..

Europe doesn't need (internal) borders.
    Huge difference between legal immigration and helping the economy of this country through business to the point where I’m likely and well in the process to get Austrian citizenship

And other people coming here just to take advantage of benefits and get freebies. There’s nothing wrong with having a stricter process for this, so that the benefits come after certain requirements (might not be all people but a few bad apples certainly make the others look bad)

Bye
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 22:29

Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Huge difference between legal immigration
    it's a difference made up by racists

people who come to Austria want to WORK, if you want benefits and 'freebies' you certainly won't choose Austria lol

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 23:08

Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Huge difference between legal immigration and helping the economy of this country through business to the point where I’m likely and well in the process to get Austrian citizenship

And other people coming here just to take advantage of benefits and get freebies. There’s nothing wrong with having a stricter process for this, so that the benefits come after certain requirements (might not be all people but a few bad apples certainly make the others look bad)

Bye
    You are surely better off on the other side of the Atlantic with that orange president of yours.
    Just because you're a rich immigrant it doesn't mean you're better or working harder than anyone else. You were born privileged, most people aren't and thus are looking for a better life. I know you can't grasp that, and I don't expect you to, but at least don't come in here make a fool of yourself, yet again.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Tue May 28th, 2019, 23:44

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    You are surely better off on the other side of the Atlantic with that orange president of yours.
    Just because you're a rich immigrant it doesn't mean you're better or working harder than anyone else. You were born privileged, most people aren't and thus are looking for a better life. I know you can't grasp that, and I don't expect you to, but at least don't come in here make a fool of yourself, yet again.
    Ugh . you again, if u know then why do you bother replying?
    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 00:29

Your zaddy Kurz is saving money on benefits for the poorest and kids, disabled etc also supported 1.5/h working wage for refugees who get blamed all the time for being a burden and draining the money out of system, one that doesn't let them sustain themselves and one's fleeing those same war torn countries Austria is selling weapons to. Which part of that is not red alarm to you?

The way you talk about freebies tells me you have this image of the system giving away money and making people rich. The way you talked about 12h working days tells me you have no idea what this law really means irl. Tells me your privileged self has no clue who is profiting the most off this government (and in whose backs) and who is getting poorer. Tells me you don't know who gets blamed for all the mess they caused. Tells me you ignore the fact that he cooperated with the party that has its origins in Nazi times and whose members are literal fascists with connections to Nazi brotherhoods etc etc. I suppose you also call yourself an expath, but I could be wrong?

And call me Serbia all you want, it doesn't dismiss my words any bit just cuz it's a fcked up country I grew up in.