Pushing 20

https://youtu.be/dxZk3f7LH9I

2. Single
    Exhale

https://youtu.be/3gqu8ZTEM1k

3. Single
    In My Bed

https://youtu.be/FN3bTP84GCU

Oh my god I love that cover!! Pre-order starts on friday!
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri June 28th, 2019 at 18:26.

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Wed June 5th, 2019, 21:40

Tracklist:

1. In My Bed
    2. Pushing 20
    3. I Can‘t Stop Me (feat. Saweetie)
    4. I‘m Fakin
    5. Take Off All Your Cool
    6. Tell Em
    7. Exhale
    8. Take You Back
    9. Looking at Me

Can't wait

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 14:06

"In My Bed" will be released with the pre-order on Friday!

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 12:40

"In My Bed" is out now and it’s a bop! My favorite out of the three songs released so far.

Legend
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 17:34

In My Bed is great! Better than most of Ariana’s recent stuff. She looks like Mel Blatt in that thumbnail.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 22:23

Sabrina always delivers strong pop material!!! I'm in love with her and I cannot wait for Singular Act ll

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Fri June 28th, 2019, 18:25

In a fair world she would outsell all the other girlies

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Fri July 19th, 2019, 01:53

I just listened to it for the first time and damn I loved it! Like I said she’s way too underrated. She keeps serving gem after gem.

The entire album sounds a little more chill and urban compared to Act I which was pretty poppy und up-beat. I won‘t get into every track right now but I gotta point out "Looking at Me"! Because that song just blew me away. The album ends with a HUGE bang. The most up-beat song on the album and in my opinion the best! I was literally shook! She did that on Act I as well with "Diamonds Are Forever" but this was on another level! A bop!

It was kind of "annoying" that I already knew 4 out of 9 tracks. The album is simply too short for that.

by » Fri July 19th, 2019, 19:58

Great album! Didn’t think she could top Act I, but well, I think she just did that. “Looking at Me” might even be my new favourite song in her whole discography.

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Fri July 19th, 2019, 22:26

She gave PAPER Magazine a nice interview about the album. It’s too long to quote though. So here’s just the introduction which is kind of like a review.

Sabrina Carpenter's Next Act

Very rarely is there an artist that can straddle, move between, and operate within, the areas of child star, pop star, and musical force. Disney is a factory for these types of creatives, bolstering the careers of Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, and Miley Cyrus fairly early on. For years, however, its seemed that the media giant — and the Disney Channel more specifically — had slowed down on its output of multi-platform personalities with indefinite longevity. Sabrina Carpenter, former star of Girl Meets World, happens to be one of the few Disney-christened stars in recent years to carve out such a powerful foothold in the mainstream, and her star power is only growing.

Appearing in films like The Hate U Give and The Short History of the Long Road, rising on social media as a top Instagram presence, in addition to touring with her critically-acclaimed pop records, Carpenter is blazing down a path towards household name-status, if you don't already consider her one. There's something different about her from the past incarnations of Disney mega stars-turned-pop powerhouses, though, and it has to do with her music on a more fundamental level.

Carpenter has managed to maintain an elevated sense of sonic integrity throughout her career. This is not to say that those who came before her did not maintain that same level of independent vision and artistry, but to look at Cyrus' post-Disney breakout, "Can't Be Tamed," and to try and compare it in terms of autonomy is tough. Carpenter, conversely, is acutely aware of her stake in the game, as she acknowledges repeatedly on her newest album, Singular Act II.

On "Exhale," the emotional apex of the record, Carpenter tackles the topic of anxiety, and not from some over-generalized, sugar-coated stance. She addresses anxieties that are specific to her, something that artists of the past might have once been encouraged to shy away from: "I listen to the labels, listen to the man/ Try to keep a sense of knowing who I am." It's a line that's tough to swallow, and is squeezed into a record so diverse in sound and emotion that it doesn't stand out as an anomaly, but rather a highlight of a truly great standalone pop record.

"Fakin'" demonstrates her melodic prowess and pushes it to a beastly boundary, one that dares listeners to not bob along like you're four drinks in at a college day rage. "Tell Em" demonstrates a similar ability, but it's rooted in a Pop&B sensibility, a genre blend ushered in by the likes of Ariana Grande and Kelela. Each song on Singular Act II draws on something different, a reference we haven't yet seen invoked by Carpenter in her discography thus far, making it ironic that the record bears the title of "singular." In all actuality, it's a culmination of pop eras — a rich plurality that separates itself from anything modern hit-writing has tried to glue together in recent years.

PAPER sat down with Sabrina Carpenter to talk about the new record, her approach to songwriting, and the unseen difficulties she experienced while creating the Singular era.
    http://www.papermag.com/sabrina-carp...639276194.html

Legend
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

by » Sat July 20th, 2019, 15:36

I agree with the opinions for "Looking At Me". What a way to close this album! That's what I love about this: it starts and ends with huge bops

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 02:52

Sabrina on every track of the album:

"In My Bed”: I recorded it an actual bed. Yes, I technically wrote "In My Bed" in [producer] Mike Sabath's bed. It seemed like an easy place to record so we just set up a microphone!

"Pushing 20”: This one came from my producer who one day said to me something like, "Damn, you pushing 20 now?" We hadn't seen each other in a second and he was like, “How old are you now?” I was like, “I'm about to be 20.” That's how that song started but then it went into like, all these expectations that come at that age — when you're about to become an adult and the way that people view you, telling you that you should act a certain way.

"I Can't Stop Me": It was originally called "I Can't Stop You" for a long time until we changed the perspective and decided “I Can't Stop Me” was a much more confident and empowering message.

"I'm Fakin”: Honestly, we wrote and recorded that song in like an hour. It was a very quick and easy song to write and for me, one of the most fun earworm tracks on the record.

"Take Off All Your Cool”: That’s one of my favorites. It's been around for a second. I'm happy it finally has its home. The whole song was written around that one riff. The song is about how you get to know people better when you see them for who they really are. I think the lyrics on that song are my favorites.

"Tell Em”: We wrote that one on Valentine's Day because it's an appropriate day for that song! It's very warm and sensual.

"Exhale”: I really didn't know if I was ever going to release it. It was intimate and I didn’t want it to seem like a moment of like, wanting attention in the wrong way. I’m naturally a very confident person but I think it's important to know that even people who are always happy and confident, it's not like that 100% of the time. It's always good to check in on those people. I wanted my fans to have this song so they know that there's a lot of people feeling the way that they are. I think being able to release it was genuinely a symbol of growth on its own. Being able to get that much closer to my fans through performing it on tour is very special.

"Take You Back": Oh my god, it really is the quirkiest song about wanting to take somebody physically back to the store. I just always felt that that was so funny because the title is kinda misleading. This was one of the first songs that I wrote for Act II, so that's a little fact for you.

"Looking At Me": We had the melodies and the production for a whole day but we couldn't think of any lyrics. We just couldn't crack the code for what the song was about... Then I went into the booth and just freestyled and ended up saying that everybody was looking at me, and I was like, "Oh my gosh, this makes perfect sense!" The album is all about that — it's all about that owning your confidence. It's like, yeah, I'm the center of attention right now and I'm gonna deal with who I am and love it. I think it's a message that we don't hear all the time because it usually seems too cocky. It's done in a way that's kind of funny, though. There's definitely a sense of humor throughout all my music, which I like because I think my fans appreciate that. They either appreciate it or they are completely annoyed by it, I don’t know.
    https://popcrush.com/sabrina-carpent...ngular-act-ii/

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Wed July 24th, 2019, 20:36

Sabrina Carpenter Packages Pop Perfection On ‘Singular Act II’

Sabrina Carpenter’s Singular Act I was one of my favorite projects of 2018. As a result, my expectations were high for its sequel – Singular Act II. Preceded by gems such as “Exhale” and “In My Bed,” the 9-track collection arrived Friday (July 19). And it houses some of her strongest work to date. I’m still diving into the tracklist, but several songs emerge as highlights. That includes the LP’s latest single “I’m Fakin.” The sugary anthem goes very hard. As does a slinky collaboration with Saweetie called “I Can’t Stop Me.” “Baby, you could say you’re bad for me. But who are you to tell me what I need,” she coos on the chorus.

“‘Cause I like what I like. What I la-la-like.” Another personal favorite is the self-assured “Looking At Me.” The club-ready banger features an irresistible production that begs you to dance along. Sabrina opened up about the album via a heartfelt Instagram post. “Tonight i give you the closing chapter of singular; which started as a record to communicate confidence to all of you and to be there for you to have when you weren’t feeling yourself,” she wrote. “But it slowly turned into a big fat life lesson for me and essentially led to myself realizing what confidence actually was. It’s not the outer posture, perfect smile, and charming, talkative winner of mind games.”

“It’s something small inside of you when you’re by yourself, when you feel lost, like you don’t want to be found, that reminds you that it’s okay to be lost, because you’ll always find yourself again.” The hitmaker ended with a message of appreciation for her fans. “I love you guys. you’ll never understand how much.” Press play on the collection below and start figuring out what songs are your favorites.
    http://www.idolator.com/7836623/sabr...ios=1&safari=1

Did he lie? I think he did not.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

by » Tue July 30th, 2019, 00:27

Really enjoying this little album!

Looking At Me should be a single and I love Exhale