User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Drag Race queen is my favourite of all-time?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bianca Del Rio

0 0%
  • Manila Luzon

0 0%
  • Sharon Needles

1 33.33%
  • Tyra Sanchez

0 0%
  • Yvie Oddly

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [20-16]

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 5th, 2019, 03:04

In five short months, RuPaul's Drag Race moved from existing within my preconceived notions as merely a second-rate reality television competition that surely produced content of little to no value, to quite possibly my favourite television programme of all-time. It's been a rather visible obsession for all of 2019 for me, and that has led to me doing the most inevitable thing I do with anything I love - preparing a tribute/countdown for it!

I spent some time considering which metrics to use to assess the queens here, and ultimately went with the good ol' reliable C.U.N.T. calculator. As essential charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent undoubtedly are in any queen's long-term success, the four measures are not of equal importance to me; therefore, charisma factored 10%, uniqueness 30%, nerve 20%, and talent 40% into my overall scoring of the individual queens.

So take your punt in the poll for the queen that'll have the honour of reigning atop the prestigious pack, and join me in celebrating - during Pride Month no less - a brilliant, under-heralded segment of the LGBTQ community.

You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [20-16]

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 18:15

Let's take a quick, no-frills look at the seven queens that missed the main event.

107. Nicole Paige Brooks

106. Lashauwn Beyond

105. Rebecca Glasscock

104. Kahanna Montrese

103. Farrah Moan

102. The Princess

101. Mercedes Iman Diamond

You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 18:30

I voted Farrah Moan as my #1 queen in last years RuPaul countdown on UKMix so you can guess what I think about her placement on this countdown here

Anyways, very excited for the rest. Don't care about most of these so far so I'm good with them missing the Top100.

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 9th, 2019, 16:07

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    I voted Farrah Moan as my #1 queen in last years RuPaul countdown on UKMix so you can guess what I think about her placement on this countdown here

Anyways, very excited for the rest. Don't care about most of these so far so I'm good with them missing the Top100.
    I think Farrah Moan is beautiful and means well, but she just doesn't have any discernible drag skills for me. What makes her your #1?

Thanks for visiting, by the way!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 9th, 2019, 16:48

100. Madame LaQueer

Despite having one of my favourite drag names, Madame LaQueer never really made a big impression on me during her S4 run. She had tepid runway looks, no big comedic highlights, and never really nailed a challenge (that I cared about). It would be interesting to see her in an All Stars cast, though, just to see if she's grown since her appearance on the show.
    Code:
    Charisma: 4.7/10
    Uniqueness: 5/10
    Nerve: 5/10
    Talent: 4/10

Overall: 4.57/10
    099. Delta Work

She got a gig as RuPaul's hairdresser post-Drag Race (and an Emmy no less), but here, Delta Work becomes the first of the 'Heathers' clique to fall. Despite her talent rating being a mere 4/10, I always got the sense that Delta had potential despite not really being able to execute the challenges as well as she or I would have liked.
    Code:
    Charisma: 5/10

Overall: 4.6/10
    098. Derrick Barry

You'd think a Britney Spears impersonator would make it higher on this countdown, but Derrick never really evolved from that impersonator tagline. Obviously, she has some decent dance moves, but at no point during her S8 run did she ever wow me. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that she was spared several times, and should have been sent home at least four or five episodes earlier. She seems like a cool person, though, so points for that at least.
    Code:
    Charisma: 6/10
    Nerve: 4.2/10
    Talent: 4.2/10

Overall: 4.62/10
    097. April Carrión

Now even though she didn't completely stun me during her run, she had that killer runway moment here that slayed me. She is also stunningly beautiful, if that counts for anything.
    Code:
    Uniqueness: 4.5/10
    Nerve: 4.5/10
    Talent: 4.5/10

Overall: 4.65
    096. Ariel Versace

Ariel had some cute runway looks (and wigs ). She had a big personality, was consistently hilarious, sparked some (unnecessary) drama, and had an interesting pageant queen aesthetic that I sometimes liked.
    Code:
    Charisma: 7/10
    Uniqueness: 4/10
    Nerve: 4/10
    Talent: 5.2/10

Overall: 4.78/10

Superstar
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 9th, 2019, 17:45

I just hope Manila is #2, because based on the poll that's your Top 5 and all are winners except Manila. Who places #2 twice.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 18:39

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    I just hope Manila is #2, because based on the poll that's your Top 5 and all are winners except Manila. Who places #2 twice.
    Not everyone in the poll is in my top 5.

But let's see where Manila lands!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 10th, 2019, 19:36

095. Carmen Carrera

The second of the four 'Heathers' to fall, Carmen Carrera's journey on Drag Race can best be summed up by Michelle Visage's recurring critique: "Stop relying on that body!" Whilst I don't recall her being horrible on the show, she also never did anything particularly stunning or memorable for me.
    Code:
    Charisma: 4/10
    Nerve: 6/10
    Talent: 4.8/10

Overall: 5/10
    094. Lineysha Sparx

Beautiful in and out of drag, Lineysha Sparx is a queen with whom I can't find too much fault. She had a sweet personality, a good sense of style on the runway, did decently in the challenges during her tenure on the show, yet she didn't really wow me. I would like to see her in an all-stars setting, though. I think there was more in her that we didn't get to see.
    Code:
    Talent: 5.5/10

Overall: 5.1/10
    093. Kenya Michaels

When Kenya Michaels walked into the S4 workroom, I had huge expectations for her. She had an infectious personality, and I expected her to go far, but she never really hit the mark the way I expected her to. She did have some cute runway looks, my runaway favourite being her Barbie doll look, but that Beyoncé Snatch Game performance was an absolute trainwreck, and her being pit against the lip-sync assassin of that season, Milan, was a recipe for a 'sashay away' exit. She really did have a peculiar history with lip-syncs because even her second one against Latrice Royale was a disaster, with her 100% missing the essence of the song. Having said all this, I liked her, and she certainly contributed to S4 being one of the best seasons to date.
    Code:
    Charisma: 7.3/10
    Uniqueness: 4/10
    Talent: 6/10

Overall: 5.13/10
    092. Kameron Michaels

There's at least one person I know who will be quite displeased with this ranking, but Kameron Michaels crashes out at #92. The lip-sync assassin of her season, she sent home half of the cast with her killer dance moves, but I feel like that was the extent of what she brought to the season. A shier queen than most, she didn't really bring a bombastic personality, she wasn't a fashion or runway queen, and she didn't really slay any of the challenges (I still think her Cher week was just okay). I love a lip-sync assassin, but I would've liked to have seen more from Kameron. Maybe that's still to come in a future all-stars season, though.
    Code:
    Talent: 5.1/10

Overall: 5.14/10
    091. Jessica Wild

I appreciated how level-headed and humble Jessica Wild was. Yes, some of her runway looks were basic, but there was an earnestness from her that resonated with me to some extent.
    Code:
    Nerve: 4.8/10
    Talent: 5/10

Overall: 5.16/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 11th, 2019, 10:22

Wow Kameron flopped in your countdown
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 02:59

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    Wow Kameron flopped in your countdown
    Just a bit. Honestly, I was super surprised that she advanced as far as she did that season, lip-sync assassin and all. I think there were so many stronger queens.

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 03:36

I can't @ Farrah being outside of the Top100.

Overall her drag presentation improved dramatically over her 2 appearances.

- Drag aesthetic (Individual aesthetic that captures Las Vegas Glamour with Sex Kitten) (Different to numerous queens which strive to deliver pageant glamour).
    - Makeup is A Class and out-rivals numerous queens.
    - Has some high standards worth of runway / promo looks. AS4 promo look was one of the better ones. Runway included - Hometown Look, Gaga Look (even though tear away wasn't done), Madonna Look, Roast Look, Elegance Look)
    - Variety Show (While confidence was lacking, had she had not fallen would have placed 'high'). Burlesque was a unique entry and showed that she had the talent to deliver and command the stage.
    - Personality and presence (while some deem annoying) can allow her to stand out and capture her own moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 12th, 2019, 03:42

090. Pandora Boxx

Her runway looks may have been super basic, but the highlight of her S2 run was her hilarious Snatch Game portrayal of Carol Channing. Her likeability got her the crown she did deserve that season: Miss Congeniality.
    Code:

Overall: 5.2/10
    089. Akashia

Akashia had so much potential, but she really flopped at each of the three challenges for which she was present on Drag Race. I really liked her personality, and rooted for her despite her awful attitude towards criticism, and in general really. I'd absolutely love to see her return to the show for all-stars, and see how much she's grown. Interestingly enough, the one time she did put together a decent runway outfit was the time she fell, but her recovery was beautiful.
    Code:
    Nerve: 6.5/10
    Talent: 4.5/10

Overall: 5.3/10
    088. Mariah Balenciaga

If you're going to carry the drag name Mariah, I'm going to need you to bring it harder than Ms. Balenciaga did. Her runway looks were decent, but there wasn't anything about her drag that really sparkled for me.
    Code:
    Uniqueness: 4.8/10

Overall: 5.44/10
    087. Darienne Lake

I'm not sure Darienne Lake ever had a runway look that I liked, and even though she had a big personality, it surely wasn't a likeable one. By some twist of fate, she manged to outlast the incredible BenDeLaCreme, a judging decision that still bemuses me to this day. Every season has a villain, though, and she certainly played that role to perfection. Her shade made for good TV, though.
    Code:

Overall: 5.5/10
    086. Jaidynn Diore Fierce

Jaidynn is one of those queens whose personality just connected with me very early on. Her highlight during her S7 run was her "Break Free" lip-sync, though I must point out that she never really wowed me in the challenges, and indeed struggled a lot of the way. Like Akashia, there was potential, but the execution wasn't always there.
    Code:
    Charisma: 7.2/10
    Uniqueness: 6/10
    Talent: 5.1/10

Overall: 5.56/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 04:05

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus View Post
    I can't @ Farrah being outside of the Top100.

Overall her drag presentation improved dramatically over her 2 appearances.

- Drag aesthetic (Individual aesthetic that captures Las Vegas Glamour with Sex Kitten) (Different to numerous queens which strive to deliver pageant glamour).
    - Makeup is A Class and out-rivals numerous queens.
    - Has some high standards worth of runway / promo looks. AS4 promo look was one of the better ones. Runway included - Hometown Look, Gaga Look (even though tear away wasn't done), Madonna Look, Roast Look, Elegance Look)
    - Variety Show (While confidence was lacking, had she had not fallen would have placed 'high'). Burlesque was a unique entry and showed that she had the talent to deliver and command the stage.
    - Personality and presence (while some deem annoying) can allow her to stand out and capture her own moments.
    I'll certainly admit that Farrah Moan paints well, but there was nothing about her style of drag that spoke to me. Maybe she'll grow on me at some point, but for now, I still pretty much view her as someone who relies heavily on her looks.

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 04:41

085. Sonique

S2 saw the debut of the now infamous Snatch Game, so considering the queens' lack of familiarity with the concept, perhaps Sonique can be forgiven for bombing her Lady Gaga impression. She had some fairly basic runway looks, but I liked that she had an edge to her. And boy, could she perform! I have to admit that I love the more gymnastic-leaning lip-syncs, so her lip-sync against Morgan McMichaels was probably my second favourite lip-sync that season. Overall, Sonique was decent, but not stunning.
    Code:
    Talent: 6.5/10

Overall: 5.9/10
    084. Jiggly Caliente

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Jiggly Caliente had some good runway looks. I loved how daring her style was. It didn't always work out well, but there's something to be said about a queen who has the nerve to think outside the box and push her aesthetic beyond cookie cutter drag. Sadly, I often got the sense that Jiggly was a queen struggling with self-confidence; she didn't ever seem comfortable on the show.
    Code:
    Charisma: 5.5/10
    Uniqueness: 5.2/10
    Nerve: 9/10

Overall: 5.91/10
    083. Miss Fame

Miss Fame served couture well, but I must admit that conventional pageant-esque looks bore me, so whilst I give her props for her solid runway performances, I do think she was in several queens' shadows during season seven. It's hard to stand out as a fashionista in a season that features Violet Chachki or a beauty queen when you share the stage with Pearl. She seemed like a pleasant enough queen, though, so I wouldn't mind seeing her in an All-Stars setting.
    Code:
    Uniqueness: 4.2/10
    Talent: 7/10

Overall: 5.96/10
    082. Dax ExclamationPoint

Dax seemed like an interesting queen during the season eight premiere, but, unfortunately, she was a victim of a double sashay in the next episode (I still don't think she was that bad) so we never really got to see what she could do. I'd love to see her back 'cause I think she has more in her. A surprising fact: Dax ExclamationPoint is, in fact, Violet Chachki's drag mother!
    Code:

Overall: 6/10
    081. Sahara Davenport

The first ever queen to walk the runway en pointe, there was no denying that Sahara Davenport was a killer performer. Her Snatch Game performance also showed that she had some comic chops, but she always seemed a bit subdued on the show, and I never connected with her personality. I wasn't a fan of the show at the time, but I can imagine the ripples that went through the drag community when she died in 2012. May her beautiful soul rest in peace.
    Code:
    Talent: 8/10

Overall: 6.1/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 07:19

080. Joslyn Fox

Quirky and awkward, Joslyn Fox was one of the most likeable queens of her season. She had that signature Wonk wonk moment, did a decent job in most of the challenges, and had some okay runway looks. Overall, she had a fairly average run on the show.
    Code:
    Charisma: 7.7/10
    Uniqueness: 6.5/10

Overall: 6.12/10
    079. Plastique Tiara

Alyssa Edwards's drag daughter, Plastique Tiara served pageant-ready looks for the entirety of her season 11 run. She was consistent on the runway, though slightly boring (hence her lowest-scoring metric being nerve), had some quality acting chops (despite being eliminated due to an underperformance in an acting challenge), and put together a better lip-sync performance than I would have expected from her.
    Code:
    Charisma: 5.5/10

Overall: 6.15/10
    078. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

MISS VANJIE! MISS VANJIE!! MISS VAAAAAAAAAAAAANJIE! A legendary season 10 exit morphed into a respectable return and decent season 11 return for Miss Vanessa Vanjie Mateo. A personality queen, Vanjie was easily a huge highlight from a comedic perspective, but runway-wise, she really had a singular silhouette for the entire season, and had far more misses than hits in the main challenges (I was stunned that she bombed the Snatch Game since that iconic challenge was well within her alley). She was consistently good at one thing, though, and that's lip-syncing, and I love a lip-sync assassin.
    Code:
    Charisma: 9.1/10
    Uniqueness: 7.5/10

Overall: 6.16/10
    077. Yuhua Hamaski

Admittedly, Yuhua didn't make much of an impression on me during her brief run on season 10. I fell for her more thanks to her post-run endeavours (particularly her Bootleg Fashion Ruview show).
    Code:
    Charisma: 8.7/10
    Uniqueness: 7/10

Overall: 6.17/10
    076. Trinity K. Bonet

A sullen, introverted queen, Trinity K. Bonet served quality pageant looks on the runway, and spit pure fire in her lip-syncs. Because she was so withdrawn, though, I never really connected with her. When she revealed her HIV+ status and explained that that was probably why she was so disconnected from the other queens, her seemingly cold personality made more sense to me.
    Code:
    Charisma: 5/10
    Nerve: 7/10

Overall: 6.2/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 12:12

Plastique Tiara and Vanjie are ways too low!

Edit: I voted Yvie although I secretly hope for Manila to snatch your crown simply because I love to see an August 10 person win.
    Last edited by Loose; Sun June 16th, 2019 at 12:38.
    gimme, gimme, what I want, what I deserve, gimme, gimme | My last.fm

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 01:56

Quote Originally Posted by Loose View Post
    Plastique Tiara and Vanjie are ways too low!

Edit: I voted Yvie although I secretly hope for Manila to snatch your crown simply because I love to see an August 10 person win.
    I actually thought people would've said they were too high!

Oh, you were born August 10, too? Coolio. I know a few cool Leos. I love Manila, so let's see!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 02:32

075. Robbie Turner

A quirky queen, Robbie Turner's top moment for me would be her decision to lip-sync in roller skates. She didn't have the most memorable run on the show for me, but that was a standout moment.
    Code:
    Talent: 6.4/10

Overall: 6.36/10
    074. Laganja Estranja

Best. Entrance. Ever! Laganja has a huge personality, but I never really cared much for her challenge performances or runway looks.
    Code:
    Charisma: 8/10
    Uniqueness: 8/10
    Nerve: 8/10

Overall: 6.4/10
    073. Chi Chi DeVayne

One of the best dancers in Drag Race history, the bayou queen Chi Chi had some painful runway looks. She had a likeable personality, though, and was the kind of queen you want to root for. Unfortunately, her All Stars 3 run was dire, but I like to remember her for her original season eight run. She proved she was more than just a dancing queen, displaying her comedic chops during season eight's puppet show, giving that season's comedy queen, Bob the Drag Queen, a run for her money there.
    Code:

Overall: 6.5/10
    072. Tammie Brown

Beloved for her eccentricity, Tammie Brown is best remembered for her quirky personality, random impersonations, and clever and left-field one-liners. As far as excelling in the drag race element of the competition, though, she floundered consistently. No one can deny her value as an entertainer, though; she always made for quality reality TV.
    Code:
    Charisma: 9.2/10
    Uniqueness: 10/10
    Talent: 3/10

Overall: 6.52/10
    071. Morgan McMichaels

I remember Morgan for her impressive "Two of Hearts" lip-sync performance. I think up to that point of the show's run (mid-season two), it was the best lip-sync I'd seen. She had some cute runway looks that I liked, and performed decently in the challenges. I didn't particularly care for her All Stars 3 run, though.
    Code:
    Charisma: 7.2/10
    Uniqueness: 5.3/10
    Nerve: 6.7/10
    Talent: 7.2/10

Overall: 6.53/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 12:49

Tammie Brown!! The only one I remember from Season 1 to be honest

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 23:25

Tammie Brown!! The only one I remember from Season 1 to be honest
    She's certainly memorable!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 23rd, 2019, 00:51

070. Mayhem Miller

A bit of a mid-tier queen, Mayhem Miller caught my attention thanks to her confident attitude, and despite of her pageant style of drag (and maybe also because he looks stunning out of drag). She performed fairly well in the challenges, but her runway looks were average for me.
    Code:
    Nerve: 6.2/10

Overall: 6.54/10
    069. Shuga Cain

Shuga Cain has such a likeable personality that I was a pretty big fan of her thanks to her hilarious confessional commentary throughout the season. Unfortunately, she oftentimes fell in the middle of the pack in the challenges, but I have to give her credit for turning out some pretty hilarious moments in the acting challenges, and her 'Facekini' runway look.
    Code:
    Talent: 6.7/10

Overall: 6.68/10
    068. Dida Ritz

Dida Ritz's top RPDR moment came the way of her incredible "(This Will Be) An Everlasting Love" lip-sync, where she dug deep, and channeled the full extent of her C.U.N.T. to power through to another day. Her performance in the challenges, though, was mixed, and her runway looks left me wanting so much more. Dida Ritz had potential, though, so I'd certainly be interested in seeing her in an All Stars season.
    Code:

Overall: 6.7/10
    067. Pearl

Pearl is insanely beautiful both in and out of drag, but I never really connected with her low energy. She felt so sleepy at times, though I must admit that her rationale for coming off that way really resonated with me - just being so tired of the young adulthood struggle. Still, though, her runway looks were largely uninspired, her challenge performances were middle of the pack, and I have to say she finished higher up in the season than I felt like her overall showing warranted.
    Code:
    Talent: 7.3/10

Overall: 6.72/10
    066. Miz Cracker

Miz Cracker is a bit of a weird queen to rank because there's nothing really to fault with her. She did well throughout her run on the show. She had moments that showcased a strong sense of humour, and an elevated level of style. I just didn't truly connect with her, which is strange! I'm hoping that her rumoured return for All Stars 5 will help me vibe with her more.
    Code:

Overall: 6.8/10
    065. Phi Phi O'Hara

Phi Phi O'Hara has talent, but I think that's about where my respect for her begins and ends. Her strong suit was the runway; I think she almost always delivered a strong runway performance, but she was very much a villain through and through, and it's hard to root for a villain.
    Code:

Overall: 7/10
    064. Nina Flowers

The runner-up of RPDR's inaugural season, Nina Flowers had a unique, androgynous, striking look that made her style of drag stand out from her competitors that season. Personality-wise, I don't think I really ever connected with her, as she was a bit soft-spoken, but I remember her wowing me with some of her runway outfits. Denver only managed to put two queens on Drag Race, but they were two good ones, with my favourite Denver queen obviously still to come.
    Code:

Overall: 7.05/10
    063. Jasmine Masters

She's the absolute, undeniable, undisputed queen of the meme. Jasmine Masters is so naturally hilarious that she really didn't have to try to be funny, which is why I was so shocked that her All Stars 4 run came to such a crash end via a truly tragic stand-up routine. I root for her, though, and I think she has a special place in Drag Race history despite the fact that I was never too crazy about her fashion choices on the show, and her challenge performances being generally underwhelming.
    Code:
    Charisma: 10/10
    Uniqueness: 8.3/10

Overall: 7.09/10
    062. Yara Sofia

I remember watching season three and not really taking note of Yara Sofia until her 'Favourite Drag Look' runway episode. She really stunned me with that one, and I pretty much rooted for her to do well from that point on. I think she advanced as far as she could, though it was sad to see her final moments be so emotional - viewers often forget the massive mental and emotional pressure the girls go through during filming, and it all came to a head for Yara in those final moments during that lip-sync. Still, she left her mark that season (deservedly taking home the Miss Congeniality crown and title). Her All Stars 1 run was similarly decent, though I think she performed better overall in her original season.
    Code:

Overall: 7.1/10
    061. Trixie Mattel

Trixie Mattel has become so popular that I can imagine that she's gotten to a point where people have started to disassociate her from the show. For me, I thought she was fairly forgettable during season seven. She didn't really come to the fore in the challenges, confessionals, or runway. Her All Stars 3 run was markedly superior; however, she is the lowest-ranked Drag Race champ for a reason. Still, I like her, and I've watched a lot of her post-Drag Race videos. She's certainly a queen I would pay to see in person because she's intelligent and hilarious (and criminally underrated in the looks department).
    Code:
    Charisma: 9/10
    Nerve: 7.2/10

Overall: 7.14/10

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 23rd, 2019, 14:49

Shuga Cain was great! Such a reflected persona. Even though standing out was hard in her case, she left a memorable impression. Go, Shuga!

Another queen I like very much from this batch is Ms. Masters. How can you not in fact?!

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 26th, 2019, 02:25

Shuga Cain was great! Such a reflected persona. Even though standing out was hard in her case, she left a memorable impression. Go, Shuga!

Another queen I like very much from this batch is Ms. Masters. How can you not in fact?!
    Yeah, Shuga has a lot of All Stars potential, in my opinion.

Jasmine is too lovable. I don't recall seeing anybody saying they didn't like her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 26th, 2019, 03:08

060. Stacy Layne Matthews

A more reserved queen than most that season, I took notice of Stacy Layne Matthews because of her shy charm, her sweetness, and her sincerity. Her portrayal of Mo'Nique during Snatch Game was the highlight of her run, but I was actually disappointed that she didn't make it further. She certainly deserved to.
    Code:

Overall: 7.3/10
    059. Eureka

My feelings for Eureka are mixed. On one hand, she was clearly a good performer in season nine before her injury ended her hopes for the crown, and I think she came back even better in season 10, making it all the way to fight for the crown, but there's something about her that just never clicked with me. She's competent in all relevant departments of drag, has a big personality, and can be likeable, but I just don't feel innately inspired to root for her.
    Code:
    Talent: 7.5/10

Overall: 7.34/10
    058. Nina West

Miss Congeniality of season 11, Nina West proudly reps the camp tribe of drag. She may struggle to strut in heels, but she put together a decent run during her time on the show, with my favourite look of hers being her Facekini look. She was hit or miss on the runway, but she was a consistently strong performer in anything that called upon her acting skills. I would 100% be down to see Nina West return for a future All Stars season.
    Code:
    Talent: 7.3/10

Overall: 7.34/10
    057. Scarlet Envy

I don't typically get behind "She was robbed!" movements because I almost always disagree with them, but Scarlet exiting so early in season 11 was a big surprise for me. In my opinion, she'd narrowly won her lip-sync, and had put together a good enough scorecard up to that point to warrant a shantay, but Ru clearly thought otherwise. Still, Scarlet served glam, poise, beauty, and class during her short run on the show. She had two left feet, but I still found her to be an interesting entertainer.
    Code:
    Nerve: 7.5/10
    Talent: 7.7/10

Overall: 7.38/10
    056. Coco Montrese

One of the show's top lip-sync assassins, Coco Montrese was the best dancer of season 5, and in a season that included Alyssa Edwards, that's a big honour! Coco's downfall was often the challenges, where she struggled sometimes with the acting, but she knew how to work a runway, and proved her comedic skills in her RuPaul roast episode. Sadly, her All Stars 2 run was abysmal.
    Code:
    Uniqueness: 6.5/10
    Nerve: 8/10

Overall: 7.45/10
    055. Jujubee

There's one metric that Jujubee beat all the season two girls in - Tyra Sanchez included - and that's charisma! No one's personality was as instantly and deliciously lovable as Jujubee. Her energy was infectious, but it's disappointing how she always seemed to either flounder in the challenges, or be middle of the pack during her best weeks. Still, I think she's one of the show's legendary queens, and deservedly so, too.
    Code:
    Charisma: 10/10
    Uniqueness: 9/10
    Talent: 6.5/10

Overall: 7.5/10
    054. Trinity Taylor

Add Trinity Taylor to the list of RPDR queens that are undeniably talented, but whose personalities just never truly connected with me. The pageant queens are always a bit hit or miss with me, but Trinity has an unmistakably strong sense of style, and an elegance that is admirable. She elevated her drag from season 10 to All Stars 4, in my opinion, and though I would've pegged someone else to win that season, she certainly isn't a poor addition to the RPDR hall of famed fabulousness.
    Code:
    Talent: 8.3/10

Overall: 7.52/10
    053. Alexis Mateo

Dynamite personality, intriguing (though not always neatly executed) runway looks, decent main challenge performances, Alexis Mateo was one of the strongest queens of season three, though everyone else that year was clearly dwarfed by the top two giants.
    Code:
    Charisma: 8.2/10
    Nerve: 8.3/10

Overall: 7.53/10
    052. Chad Michaels

The first time I watched season four, I really didn't appreciate Chad Michaels much, but upon reviewing, I think I took for granted Chad's traditional, polished form of drag. Initially, I felt it was a bit too cookie-cutter, too safe, especially in a season where I so clearly favoured a more alternative flavour, but Chad's pageant queen aesthetic was consistent, strong, and worthy of respect, too. It took some time for me to come around to that conclusion, but I got there eventually.
    Code:

Overall: 7.54/10
    051. Kennedy Davenport

You're not going to find many stronger lip-sync performers in RPDR than Kennedy Davenport; I would only need one hand to list them all, and maybe not even the whole hand. I'll never forget her jumping from the stage and landing in the pit in a split during her "Roar" duel with Katya. For me, that's Kennedy in her peak drag queen form. I was never particularly impressed with her main challenge performances (bar Snatch Game), and her runways were okay. I saw slight growth between her season seven and All Stars 3 performances, but put on some music and few command the stage as convincingly as Ms. Davenport.
    Code:
    Charisma: 7.5/10
    Nerve: 8.5/10
    Talent: 7.5/10

Overall: 7.55/10

Superstar
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 26th, 2019, 08:29

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Jasmine is too lovable. I don't recall seeing anybody saying they didn't like her.
    I don't like Jasmine. At least not in RPDR format where she was horrible in everything.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie