Thread: Rihanna Is Officially Hailed as the World's Richest Female Singer

Legend
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 01:34

Rihanna is named as the world's wealthiest female musician

By Lianne Kolirin and Amy Woodyatt, CNN
    Updated 1058 GMT (1858 HKT) June 5, 2019

Rihanna's music is far from the only source of her wealth.

(CNN) Rihanna has emerged as the richest female musician in the world, with a fortune considerably larger than those of the grande dames of pop: Madonna, Céline Dion and Beyoncé.

The 31-year-old, whose real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, is worth a staggering $600 million, according to Forbes -- overtaking Madonna by $30 million, Dion by $150 million and Beyoncé by $200 million.

While Rihanna is best known for hits such as "Umbrella," "Diamonds" and "What's My Name?," her music is not the only source of her wealth.

Rihanna and LVMH Chairman Bernard Arnault attend the Fenty launch on May 22, 2019 in Paris.

In fact, according to Forbes, the majority of her income comes from her partnership with LVMH, the French luxury goods company that owns the likes of Christian Dior, Givenchy and Louis Vuitton.

Last month, the Barbadian star launched her fashion label Fenty at a pop-up boutique in Paris, becoming the first black woman to create an original brand with LVMH.

Fenty is just the latest of Rihanna's business ventures, joining her lingerie label Savage X Fenty, which she launched last year, and her cosmetics brand, Fenty Beauty, set up in 2017.

The cosmetics firm generated an estimated $570 million in revenue in its first 15 months, according to Forbes, while the business magazine estimates that the operation is worth, conservatively, more than $3 billion.

While LVMH owns about half of that, Forbes estimates Rihanna's stake at around 15% -- though this could not be confirmed.
    CNN has contacted Rihanna's representatives for comment.

Rihanna attends the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Anniversary Event in Sydney on October 3, 2018.

The clothing collection is her first venture into the luxury fashion market, although she has already created collections for British fashion retailer River Island, and was made creative director of Puma in 2014.

Rihanna's other ventures have been widely celebrated for their inclusivity. Her cosmetics line debuted with 40 foundation shades, while her lingerie line has been applauded for catering to a range of skin tones and body types. Her fashion line, meanwhile, caters for women up to a size US 14.

In a statement released last month, Rihanna said: "Women are forces of this earth. We are multifaceted, complex, vulnerable yet bulletproof, and Fenty speaks to all of our intricacies."

The singer recently revealed in an interview with the New York Times Style Magazine that she has moved to London to be closer to LVMH. During the interview, Rihanna revealed just how far she has come from her humble upbringing on the Caribbean island to where she is today.

She said: "You know, when I was younger, I couldn't afford everything, but a pair of Timberlands: That was my Dior. And I had to save my money for a whole school year to get those Timberlands that I wanted, and I did it."

It's that background that also informs her business acumen. She told the magazine: "It's the thing that keeps me asking: So how much is this gonna cost at retail? How can we bring the price down without compromising on quality?"

So will she slow down now or is the plan to continue to work, work, work, work, work, work?

She told the magazine: "I never thought I'd make this much money, so a number is not going to stop me from working. I'm not being driven by money right now. Money is happening along the way, but I'm working out of what I love to do, what I'm passionate about. Work will change when my life changes in the future but an amount of money is not going to stop that."

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 01:52

Like I said in her thread, it took her countless singles, collaborations, 8 studio albums, non-stop touring for over 10 years in order to make a $200million net worth, then some make-up sh*t gives her 500$ in like what? a year?

.. Now I understand why she barely bothers with music these days
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 04:21

That Rihanna reign just won't let up.
    Whitney Houston

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 14:47

I am happy for her but we all know Madonna and Bey are richer if they reported their stuff
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 15:15

^This. It's just easier for Forbes to estimate now that rih is a shareholder of a big fashion line and Fenty Beauty but I love her slaying. She deserves it. Cannot wait for R&B to be two black billionaire women

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 15:16

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    I am happy for her but we all know Madonna and Bey are richer if they reported their stuff
    No we don't know lol. No one knows, but there is a better estimate of Rihanna's fortune.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 16:07

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    No we don't know lol. No one knows, but there is a better estimate of Rihanna's fortune.
    What ever you want to believe to sleep better at night lol
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 16:27

What ever you want to believe to sleep better at night lol
    As if I had thought about this before even coming to this thread. You're the one that's believing in unfounded theories about who is richer. But you need to stop claiming stuff without any evidence as if they were facts.

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 16:35

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    As if I had thought about this before even coming to this thread. You're the one that's believing in unfounded theories about who is richer. But you need to stop claiming stuff without any evidence as if they were facts.
    My comment was not THAT deep so don't get all rilled up about it.

It's obvious that noone knows by fact that Rihanna actually has any of this money other than what has to be disclosed to the public domain...

My statement obviously had that tone all over it hence the "we all know" and "reported their stuff" ( those two statements contradict themselves don't they)..... it was implied.
    Forever Young

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 16:36

All good anyways no fussed if Riri can have this title anyways... just absurd that Beyonce's networth has moved by 50 mil since like 2009 and they expect us to buy this ..
    Forever Young

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 16:38

And the sleep at night comment was a joke hence the lol

I come in peace sis

Alexa play we are the world
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Last edited by DnBLover; Thu June 6th, 2019 at 17:17.

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 17:18

All good anyways no fussed if Riri can have this title anyways... just absurd that Beyonce's networth has moved by 50 mil since like 2009 and they expect us to buy this ..
    Sure, don't disagree.

Cheers

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 18:01

The Mumble Rapper Hive being bothered and in denial all over this thread

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 21:09

Quote Originally Posted by aRat View Post
    The Mumble Rapper Hive being bothered and in denial all over this thread
    Of course sometimes sh*t go down when it's a billion dollars on an elevator 600 million dollars earned solo by another woman.

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 21:13

I don't get it. Why are Rih stans mad and bitching? shouldn't they be happy for Rihanna instead of focussing on negative energy? . . . . and why is it that every Rih topic turns into a Beyoncé discussion?
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Superstar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 21:14

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    I don't get it. Why are Rih stans mad and bitching? shouldn't they be happy for Rihanna instead of focussing on negative energy? . . . . and why is it that every Rih topic turns into a Beyoncé discussion?
    Because Beyoncé is the standard.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 21:21

Because her fans ALWAYS come in and turn it into one. They can't stand other women being successful.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 21:30

BCuz her fans @BeeBoy @Loveguru @KEY9481 catapulted their asses in here jsut to clog the thread with bitter jealousy ridden comments

Kinda understandable they are bitter though since The Hive used to brag about net worth all the damn time and now Rih jumped above her in an instant

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 04:28

Quote Originally Posted by aRat View Post
    BCuz her fans @BeeBoy @Loveguru @KEY9481 catapulted their asses in here jsut to clog the thread with bitter jealousy ridden comments

Kinda understandable they are bitter though since The Hive used to brag about net worth all the damn time and now Rih jumped above her in an instant

I happen to love Riri so you can take your dense and vacuous comment elsewhere...
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 09:18

Where did your reading comprehension go @aRat? I was just agreeing that I think Bey and Madame X are worth more and just showed her love? She is my second fave no need for shade this is not atrl

Superstar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 16:11

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    this is not atrl
    Something aRat seems to have a hard time with.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 16:37

I agree with the Rihanna fans on this. Why would Bey fans come in here? I dont see Madonna or Celine fans in here. Firbes made the claim. Not Rihanna or the Navy.

PS: Net Worth is not the money in your account alone. It's the assumed worth of your businesses and all of your assets. I doubt any female has more in their accounts than Madonna and Celine at the moment but some might have a higher Net Worth.
    Diva!!!

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 16:49

I thought Forbes would have given her a larger number honestly. They were super quick to give the Jenner girl $1 Billion but I read that Rihanna is kicking her ass in the make-up department
    Diva!!!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 18:04

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Where did your reading comprehension go @aRat? I was just agreeing that I think Bey and Madame X are worth more and just showed her love? She is my second fave no need for shade this is not atrl
    They're not though and that is whole point of this thread.

And no, saying things like "but my fave didn't report her earnings from her illegal organ trafficking business to Forbes, if she would report that she would have a higher net worth so in reality my fave is richer" will not make that wishful thinking happen.