X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loveguru
    Legend
    • 26 Mar 2009

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy
    Not to dismiss rihanna, but Forbes also wants us to think kylie Jenner is a billionaire when she’s just a store front for a manufacturing outfit.
    and Madonna has been worth the same for years according to them
    Forever Young

Comment

• TSDK
      • 21 Jun 2019

Originally posted by MrLeonix
      Even if it's true it's hella cool and everything but I wouldn't account her net worth as part of the music field. When you read the headline you expect Rihanna to be a music empire in terms of the new reported net worth but once you start reading you don't see music anywhere and you just see that most of her net worth doesn't come through music but make-up products and lines instead. The music is not the merit here.

Is she massively rich? Of course, does she deserve it? Sure ... But I would change the "richest singer" thing for "entrepeneur" or "designer". She defintely got this net worth completely OUTSIDE of the music business, the new money / assests she got have NOTHING to do with music .

For me a music / singing net worth needs to come mostly through the music sales, concerts, records, music royalties, etc ... In consequence I still consider Madonna or Celine the "richest singers" out there, if that makes any sense, most of their net worth come straightly from a music career.

Rihanna's net worth = Entrepeneur
      Madonna and Celine's net worths = singers
      I wouldn't say Madonna's wealth comes solely from music. She has/has had gyms, perfumes, a skincare range and fashion brands to fatten her bank account.

Comment

• MrLeonix
        Legend
        • 13 Jan 2013

Originally posted by TSDK
        I wouldn't say Madonna's wealth comes solely from music. She has/has had gyms, perfumes, a skincare range and fashion brands to fatten her bank account.
        Most of her ventures outside of the music industry have either underperformed, bombed, or didn't smash, none of those project you mentioned set the market on fire at all. Even her movie career was a failure in general and her most successful role "Evita" is actually a musical with a powerful soundtrack.

It's undebatable that the vast majority of Madonna's income / net worth comes from Records sales, touring and royalties.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Working...