Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 13:50

She is exploiting queer culture for her personal gain and hopping on that "ally" train. And all that in month of pride, what a coincidence. It's simple as that. It's fake af and I not buying into it.

Are we used to so little that we get satisfied with these stale bread crumbs people like her keep throwing at us?
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Manager
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 13:59

While I understand some points made in this topic, at the end of the day it doesn't matter that she only does this now. It's a move in the right direction and even if it is a calculated move it's still a positive one. She is doin no harm with the inclusion of all those people in the video and she has influence over teens so this is important. But this is not just about her it's always the same for popstars of her caliber. The "she is only doing it for xy", "why is she only doing it now because it's hip", " there are bigger problems", "why is she doing more" comments will always be there, she knows it and we're back at what this song is all about.

Manager
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 14:15

Quote Originally Posted by IVyoncé View Post
    I don't think her overall work ethic is ridiculed though. It's more that every since Bad Blood she has been caught up in a lot of stupid drama, which has been used in a very calculated way to fuel her own era's (and the era's and projects of the other people involved). It's almost like watching a very bad real life soap opera, so sometimes it is logical to question things.
    I think it’s amazing how she used all the hate she got, turned the tables and made her haters choke on it. Her using the Snake aesthetic during the "reputation" era was everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    While I understand some points made in this topic, at the end of the day it doesn't matter that she only does this now. It's a move in the right direction and even if it is a calculated move it's still a positive one. She is doin no harm with the inclusion of all those people in the video and she has influence over teens so this is important. But this is not just about her it's always the same for popstars of her caliber. The "she is only doing it for xy", "why is she only doing it now because it's hip", " there are bigger problems", "why is she doing more" comments will always be there, she knows it and we're back at what this song is all about.
    Exactly.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 14:23

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    I think it’s amazing how she used all the hate she got, turned the tables and made her haters choke on it. Her using the Snake aesthetic during the "reputation" era was everything.
    I never really found it 'amazing', I didn't care about the personal drama, I always found every party involved petty. Whether it were the Kanye/Kardashian clan, Calvin Harris, Katy Perry or that Squad or Taylor herself.
    I liked the overall aesthetic of the era, just wish Joseph Kahn wasn't responsible for most of the visuals. Same that I like the overall aesthetic of this era, while I actually dislike the music.
    I always have a hate and love relationship with her, I always seem to like something she does but dislike the other half of it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 15:52

Taylor trying to appeal to the gay audience is like Taylor trying to be sexy and show sex appeal ... It's pointless and simply not possible
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Superstar
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 16:08

Taylor has been more political of late. I think she even donated to a LGBTQ organization last year and was supporting Democrats in the last election. Right-wingers were disappointed and wrote about it. I think her support is genuine.

Can't say that makes the lyrics any better, but I don't think she's doing this just because she is hopping on the Pride train.

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 16:09

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Taylor trying to appeal to the gay audience is like Taylor trying to be sexy and show sex appeal ... It's pointless and simply not possible
    I know that everyone has own taste, but I personally find her sexy, she has nice long legs, a nice body, blond hair and a very nice face.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 16:37

Quote Originally Posted by floria View Post
    I know that everyone has own taste, but I personally find her sexy, she has nice long legs, a nice body, blond hair and a very nice face.
    There is a difference between being cute / pretty and being sexy . . . but yeah I could agree that "sex appeal" can be perceived different depending on where you live. Here in Latin America we consider sexy the likes of Sofia Vergara, J.Lo or Rihanna , not Taylor Swift . . . For Latin standards she looks quite cold with 0 sex appeal and I don't think I've ever seen her being perceived as a sex symbol or anything like that either.

But I guess that in your country may be different.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 17:13

An utterly pointless comment, that is misogynist in nature. Don't speak for the gay community.

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 17:42

Quote Originally Posted by WesM View Post
    An utterly pointless comment, that is misogynist in nature. Don't speak for the gay community.
    You'll just have to deal with my opinion though. Not everyone has to agree with you

Legend
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 17:49

She looks like a 29 year old skool girl.
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread where WBT wasn't mentioned on Ukmix

Manager
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 18:07

At a time where LGBTQ+ rights are being questioned we need popstars to stand up and support us.

I don't understand how someone can get so much hate for standing up for something. It's stupid
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Manager
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by BehindBreakaway; Tue June 18th, 2019 at 18:41.

Manager
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 18:42

It seems to me that interest in her music slowly fades away. She's not at her prime any more, for sure.
    JanetInfografic
    Solange | Tame Impala | Kelela | The xx

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 19:10

Quote Originally Posted by Serby View Post
    She is exploiting queer culture for her personal gain and hopping on that "ally" train. And all that in month of pride, what a coincidence. It's simple as that. It's fake af and I not buying into it.

Are we used to so little that we get satisfied with these stale bread crumbs people like her keep throwing at us?
    It’s never too late to join the community, stop hating and sit your a$$ down you vegan grumpy cat lady
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cha Cha Instructor

Manager
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 19:25

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    At a time where LGBTQ+ rights are being questioned we need popstars to stand up and support us.

I don't understand how someone can get so much hate for standing up for something. It's stupid
    Exactly. I can't believe people are complaining about her supporting our community, no matter if it is calculated or "too late".
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Manager
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 19:27

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Any ally is a good ally.
    This!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 19:29

Taylor literally can't win. If she doesn't talk or be outspoken then she's seen as not doing enough then when she actually makes an effort she's called fake and told she's cashing in. She literally can't do anything right. People will hate on her whatever she chooses to do.

I'm glad the majority of comments on the thread are defending her and what she's doing. I don't even like Taylor that much, but I'll defend her support of LGBTQ+ til the cows come home

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 19:30

Totally agreed.
    The song has greatly grown on me. Very catchy. Much much better than ME!

Manager
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 18th, 2019, 19:31

Quote Originally Posted by aRat View Post
    Exactly. I can't believe people are complaining about her supporting our community, no matter if it is calculated or "too late".
    I know. Its baffling to me. A large amount of the comments I see on Facebook posts about her are from straight people complaining about it.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 01:13

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Taylor literally can't win. If she doesn't talk or be outspoken then she's seen as not doing enough then when she actually makes an effort she's called fake and told she's cashing in. She literally can't do anything right. People will hate on her whatever she chooses to do.
    This

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 02:46

There is a difference between being cute / pretty and being sexy . . . but yeah I could agree that "sex appeal" can be perceived different depending on where you live. Here in Latin America we consider sexy the likes of Sofia Vergara, J.Lo or Rihanna , not Taylor Swift . . . For Latin standards she looks quite cold with 0 sex appeal and I don't think I've ever seen her being perceived as a sex symbol or anything like that either.

But I guess that in your country may be different.
    Well in an East Asia such as Japan, Korea, China Taylor Swift is considered very attractive and popular to young straght males. That is one of the reasons she is so huge here while J.Lo or Rihanna don't seem to gain any fanbases at all. (And their music has never been big that much) It is all depends on where you live

Legend
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 04:32

The only critic i have for the video is just she just went with all the gay stereotypes you can find .. you feel!

however i love the video! and i love that she made it
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 19th, 2019, 04:57

Quote Originally Posted by whan View Post
    Well in an East Asia such as Japan, Korea, China Taylor Swift is considered very attractive and popular to young straght males. That is one of the reasons she is so huge here while J.Lo or Rihanna don't seem to gain any fanbases at all. (And their music has never been big that much) It is all depends on where you live
    Off-topic but the fact that Rihanna doesn't seem to be popular in Korea still kinda surprises me, especially when you compare to how popular/well-known Ariana & Beyonce are over there.