X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonathan
    Legend
    • 12 Aug 2008

Thom Yorke - Anima

Thom Yorke will release his new solo album, Anima, digitally on June 27th, with a physical version arriving July 19th.

Yorke wrote all of Anima, and the album was produced by frequent Radiohead collaborator Nigel Godrich. Yorke, Godrich and Tarik Barri debuted several songs on the album during past Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes performances.

To accompany the digital release of Anima, Yorke will also share a new short film of the same name, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. The “one-reeler,” featuring three tracks from the album, will hit Netflix June 27th and also play in select IMAX theaters.

The digital and physical versions of Anima are available to pre-order. The album will be available in several physical formats, including CD, double-LP vinyl, a limited edition orange double vinyl and a 180-gram heavyweight orange double vinyl. The latter version also comes with a 40-page book of lyrics and pencil drawings by Stanley Donwood and Dr. Tchock (one of Yorke’s aliases). Bonus track “(Ladies & Gentlemen, Thank You for Coming)” will be available exclusively on the vinyl editions.

In a recent interview with Crack magazine, Yorke said he made Anima after a period of “dreadful writer’s block.” “Things slowed down for a while and I’m happy I can work again and come back into focus,” he said. “I seemed to spend a lot of time in my basement, in the studio for two years, and suddenly everything that was kicking around in there is starting to come out.”

Anima marks Yorke’s third official solo album, following 2006’s The Eraser and 2014’s Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes. Last year, he released his soundtrack score for Luca Guadagnino’s film Suspiria. In April, Yorke shared two new songs, “Don’t Fear the Light” and “Gawpers,” though neither appear on Anima.

Yorke, Godrich and Barri will support Anima this fall on a North American tour. The trek kicks off October 4th with a set at Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin, Texas and wraps October 29th at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.

Thom Yorke – Anima Track List

1. “Traffic”
    2. “Last I Heard (…He Was Circling The Drain)”
    3. “Twist”
    4. “Dawn Chorus”
    5. “I Am A Very Rude Person”
    6. “Not The News”
    7. “The Axe”
    8. “Impossible Knots”
    9. “Runwayaway”
    10. “(Ladies & Gentlemen, Thank You for Coming)” (vinyl-only bonus track)
    Source
    My music library: LAST.FM
  • oasisbobo
    Legend
    • 20 May 2006

Looking forward to this
    Too Much Music
    Too Much Music @Facebook
    Too Much Music @Twitter
    Scotland Social League

Comment

• AndiIversen
      Legend
      • 18 Mar 2012

This will be the top, most acclaimed album of the year, even before people listen to it

Comment

• Jonathan
        Legend
        • 12 Aug 2008

Short film released on netflix.

Comment

• NormiMalone
          Personal Assistant
          • 20 Jun 2019

It is SO GOOD!
          She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• ArmyOfMe
            Superstar
            • 13 Dec 2014

I really like this! It requires a lot of attention, but I think it's rewarding.

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
              Manager
              • 16 Jul 2009

This has quickly become my favourite solo project by Thom. I prefer it even to The Eraser at this point.

For him to be putting out material of this timeless quality at this point in his career shows how much of a genius he is

Comment

• Jonathan
                Legend
                • 12 Aug 2008

A remix EP of Not The News will be out tomorrow, featuring Mark Pritchard (playing), Equiknoxx and Clark. A limited white label 12" is available in record stores.

Comment

• Jonathan
                  Legend
                  • 12 Aug 2008

Comment

• Jonathan
                    Legend
                    • 12 Aug 2008

Comment