Thread: My Frank Ocean moment - Well, kind of...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 17:11

Dear everybody,

I was waiting for a while to do this and I feel like it's the right time now. Some people already assumed it and I no longer want to make a mystery out of this, so here's the thing: I once was @Timmy94. In my teenage days, I discovered this forum looking for information on German charts and kind of sticked with it. I met a few cool guys who would share the same interests as I do - music and charts - which was new to me at that time. I guess I wanted everyone on here to like me for the fact that I struggled to gain friends easily back then, but somehow, I messed it up. I mean, my younger me was kind of immature in a way that I was desperate to necessarily having had to bring my points forward with some of my views on when an album is considered a 'flop' being a bit overdramatic, so to say. It hurt me when it came as far as me getting banned because I kind of considered this site my 2nd home. But times change and today, I can say that I learned that we spend our spare time in such forums and therefore, should enjoy our community in harmony and positivity instead of drama and fights. If you want to say so, I am a better person now. Like... I remember that stupid comment of mine I made towards @Frederic and the shirt of his sister. I should've thought twice about that and remind myself that, in a world filled with negativity, it is better to surround ourselves with positive things, as Michelle Williams once used to sing.
    What I'm trying to say is that everyone deserves a second chance because we as human beings are capable of reflecting our behavior and speech. Now that formerly banned users are officially allowed to return to UKMix, I want to deeply apologize for @Timmy94's actions and words, am looking forward to having a good time with you guys from now on and want to thank @stevyy, @Tansike and @Era for all the support they've given me.
    My past is part of my history, but my present decisions are what define me - and that's what I'm trying to put into effect the best way I can.

Best regards
    Last edited by theMathematician; Sat June 22nd, 2019 at 17:14.

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 17:49

Welcome back Timmy!
    I was 99.99% sure it was you when you just recently posted in the Rasmus Seebach thread!
    But couldn't get any 100% IP match to support my claim. As per common courtesy please get in touch with Wayne.
    Glad that you are back and really hope your new you has learned their due lesson!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread where WBT wasn't mentioned on Ukmix

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 21:38

OMG! Lol

Don't know what else to say.....

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 22:34

Oh my I never knew, welcome back Timmy! Missed ya and mentioned you in various thread thinking about whether you would come back here, turns out you were here all the time (well not all the time ofc). Do you really live in Styria now?

Also sorry I'm being dumb atm but what is the link to Frank Ocean?
    ¡Eh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

¡Eh, mamá!
    Me quiero matar
    El mundo se va a la mierda
    Y no he hecho nada

Roadie
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 22:43

I don't know about any of this, but I'm glad you're back cause it should be fun!
    We'll see how brave you are.
    We'll see how fast you'll be running...

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Legend
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 22:43

You did sound like a grown up version of Timmy94, sorry I called you out but it's all good now. Welcome back.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by » Sun June 23rd, 2019, 00:32

Thanks for all the sweet words!

@flopho: Before the release of 'Channel ORANGE', Frank Ocean made the headlines because of that letter he published on Tumblr. And this is kind of my equivalent to it.