Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2019 VMAs

by Tue August 27th, 2019, 17:11

Love how excited the audience seemed.

I still cant get over Naughty By Nature and Queen Latifah performing U.N.I.T.Y.... her intro was out of this world.
    Diva!!!

by Tue August 27th, 2019, 17:12

I just saw Lizzo's performance and it was great! I thought she would have been out of breath for that note hold on Good As Hell but she pulled it off stunningly! I hope it's the next number 1 on the Hot 100.

Legend
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

by Tue August 27th, 2019, 18:30

Taylor deserved her award for Video Of The Year and I really loved her speech. Love her throwing shade <3

Also, the performances were quite good this time. Miley and Missy were excellent, I loved the camera work for "Senorita" and Taylor's performance was joyful. She basically performed two of my favourite singles by her.

I would have liked to see her Rock artist and Ariana Grande on stage as well, though
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Legend
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

by Tue August 27th, 2019, 20:36

I know Hip-Hop isn't that well liked here but let me show my appreciation for this Big Sean/A$AP Ferg performance. It was a cute little performance and I'm happy that more and more rappers & singers (especially male) are starting to input more choreography into their performances. Shawn better take notes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

by Tue August 27th, 2019, 20:38

Also, I liked the venue that they picked for this year. Based on the videos, it kinda looks bigger than some awards shows in the past few years (except for the GRAMMY's obviously).

Legend
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 04:35

^Kudos to them for mentioning online video views! People be dragging these award shows for having low ratings these day, but the reality is, all of us have moved to YouTube instead of watching conventional television.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 07:34

Quote Originally Posted by abi View Post
    ^Kudos to them for mentioning online video views! People be dragging these award shows for having low ratings these day, but the reality is, all of us have moved to YouTube instead of watching conventional television.
    Thank you.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Superstar
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 08:52

^Do note they mentioned percentage gain only, so it's very likely that the online views are very small and would look laughable compared to what are already low TV ratings. The huge gain also points that that starting number is low.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Manager
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 09:54

Quote Originally Posted by abi View Post
    That's why Bey won't perform there anymore, people could actually see her.

^Well nearly every performance got to a million views for its first 24, some of them even more. I wouldn't consider that low or no interest.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 10:00

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    ^Well nearly every performance got to a million views for its first 24, some of them even more. I wouldn't consider that low or no interest.
    They talked about live online views while the show was airing, not post airing YT video views.

Manager
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 15:08

Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    They talked about live online views while the show was airing, not post airing YT video views.
    Yes I got that but in my opinion that is also still an important point to look at those things. Just because ratings weren't the best doesn't mean people are not interested. As long as people are checking for it in any kind of form for the show it is still lucrative. The ratings might've seen better times but they can reach a much broader audience now.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 15:21

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Yes I got that but in my opinion that is also still an important point to look at those things. Just because ratings weren't the best doesn't mean people are not interested. As long as people are checking for it in any kind of form for the show it is still lucrative. The ratings might've seen better times but they can reach a much broader audience now.
    YT streams are the worst when it comes to royalties. A stream is worth about $0.0007. So 5m views gets you a nice big $3,500.

Views on YT for MTV are only for bragging rights and vanity. It's not a source of income for them.

by Wed August 28th, 2019, 18:41

IDK about you guys, BUT I need to observe on Missy performance.
    First of all it was the best vanguard performance, everything was on point. Missy, stage, looks, songs she choose, Alyson…

BUT
    Why did Cardi B presented the award for Missy? How the and what the hell.

I mean, there wasn't Timbaland, Ciara, Tweet, Ludacris, Justin, Janet… but there was Lil Kim!!!!!!!!
    It was WRONG Cardi to present this award, they shouldve invited some of the names I mentiones. MTV ****ed that up.

Legend
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by Fri August 30th, 2019, 13:57

It was a great show overall, what's amazing is that they are more focused now on the music performances rather than trying to make controversy happen.

Lil Nas X was the worst one, the big production and the song saved him.

Cardi B should not be allowed to be near a teleprompter, she was a mess.

Ariana deserved Video of the Year, she was robbed!

Miley looked so good, she has the best body ever, her legs were accentuated!

I'm so glad Billie Eilish won Best New Artist, Lizzo is way too hyped but she was cute during the telecast.

Legend
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)

by Fri August 30th, 2019, 14:01

VMA stage looked like the one they had at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014, floptastic
    Waffles are checked cookies

Manager
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by Fri August 30th, 2019, 14:07

Ariana deserved Video of the Year, she was robbed!

Miley looked so good, she has the best body ever, her legs were accentuated!
    Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me An Angel Thread:
    Hope this flops so hard, they are so annoying individually, what more collectively.