Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Scooter Braun Buys Taylor Swift's Masters, Drama Ensues

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 14:45

Big Machine Denies Blocking Taylor Swift From Singing Her Songs, Says She Owes 'Millions of Dollars'

"Taylor, the narrative you have created does not exist," the label says in a new statement.

Taylor Swift’s former record label has issued a statement denying the star’s bombshell accusations that she was being prevented from performing her own songs. Big Machine Label Group, founded by Scott Borchetta and recently acquired by Scooter Braun, said on Friday that they “do not have the right to keep her from performing live anywhere,” as she asserts, rather, the dispute is regarding an unresolved payment issue between the parties.

On Thursday, Swift wrote to fans that Borchetta and Braun have blocked her from performing her BMLG-era songs on this year’s American Music Awards because “that would be re-recording my music before I'm allowed to next year.” She also claimed the two execs nixed the use of her songs or performance footage of those songs in an upcoming Netflix documentary. She went on to claim that both projects would be cleared if she agreed to not re-record her old catalog next year, as planned.

"The message being sent to me is very clear," she said. "Basically, be a good little girl and shut up. Or you'll be punished.”

Big Machine strongly denies the suggestion that they’re strongarming the star, saying her narrative “does not exist.” In their version of events, Swift has “admitted to contractually owing millions of dollars and multiple assets to our company” and that any unresolved issues were being worked on behind the scenes. The company said the two parties were making progress on the issues when Swift went public on Thursday, asking her fans to pressure Borchetta, Braun and The Carlyle Group, which backed Braun’s $300 million acquisition of the label group.

“We started to see progress over the past two weeks and were optimistic as recently as yesterday that this may get resolved,” Big Machine wrote. “However, despite our persistent efforts to find a private and mutually satisfactory solution, Taylor made a unilateral decision last night to enlist her fanbase in a calculated manner that greatly affects the safety of our employees and their families.”

A rep for Swift did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Indeed, Swift’s fans were quick to put social media pressure on Borchetta and Braun, and a Change.org petition was launched that has already attracted over 64,000 signatories.

Big Machine said it wants “direct and honest conversation” with the star but that “not one of the invitations to speak with us has been accepted. Rumors fester in the absence of communication. Let’s not have that continue here.”

From Big Machine Label Group:

As Taylor Swift’s partner for over a decade, we were shocked to see her Tumblr statements yesterday based on false information. At no point did we say Taylor could not perform on the AMAs or block her Netflix special. In fact, we do not have the right to keep her from performing live anywhere. Since Taylor’s decision to leave Big Machine last fall, we have continued to honor all of her requests to license her catalog to third parties as she promotes her current record in which we do not financially participate.

The truth is, Taylor has admitted to contractually owing millions of dollars and multiple assets to our company, which is responsible for 120 hardworking employees who helped build her career. We have worked diligently to have a conversation about these matters with Taylor and her team to productively move forward. We started to see progress over the past two weeks and were optimistic as recently as yesterday that this may get resolved. However, despite our persistent efforts to find a private and mutually satisfactory solution, Taylor made a unilateral decision last night to enlist her fanbase in a calculated manner that greatly affects the safety of our employees and their families.

Taylor, the narrative you have created does not exist. All we ask is to have a direct and honest conversation. When that happens, you will see there is nothing but respect, kindness and support waiting for you on the other side. To date, not one of the invitations to speak with us and work through this has been accepted. Rumors fester in the absence of communication. Let’s not have that continue here. We share the collective goal of giving your fans the entertainment they both want and deserve.

--Big Machine Label Group
    Cha Cha Instructor

Manager
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 15:47

Basically, Taylor is asking her fans to cyberbully her opponents in what clearly is a legal dispute. And despite knowing zilch about who is in the right (because none of them know the details of the underlying contracts) they all too willingly oblige.
    This matter calls for amicable meetings and, if necessary, arbitration or a judge. But of course it is much easier to activate your faithful lynch mob instead of keeping it professional.

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 16:01

Taylor is a mess
    Forever Young

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 16:39

Be happy that she made your little flop label as big as it is today. Shut up, sit down and eat your food...
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri November 15th, 2019 at 18:23.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 16:45

Music News Facts snapped with this

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 17:38

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLinda View Post
    Basically, Taylor is asking her fans to cyberbully her opponents in what clearly is a legal dispute. And despite knowing zilch about who is in the right (because none of them know the details of the underlying contracts) they all too willingly oblige.
    This matter calls for amicable meetings and, if necessary, arbitration or a judge. But of course it is much easier to activate your faithful lynch mob instead of keeping it professional.
    This!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 18:18

Show me the part where she says "go bully them". Oh my god...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 18:19

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Not everything has to be put in actual words to be sais. It’s called being implicit.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 18:22

She knows exactly what she’s doing.
    And she knows exactly how a fanbase would react in this day and social media age. So spare me with the « she didnt actually ».

Both sides are tired and annoying.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 18:23

*clown music continues to play

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 18:25

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Don't be so naive

Please let Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun know how you feel about this. Scooter also manages several artists who I really believe care about other artists and their work. Please ask them for help with this - I’m hoping that maybe they can talk some sense into the men who are exercising tyrannical control over someone who just wants to play the music she wrote. I’m especially asking for help from The Carlyle Group, who put up money for the sale of my music to these two men.
    this part of her statament basically says that her fans should spam acts like Bieber, Ariana, but also Scott and Scooter. And everyone with half a braincel knows that stan twitter/instagram and social media SJWs will harras, bully and even send death threats to people when you ask them 'to let them know how you feel'.
    I mean she also knew how to play with stan twitter when it came to Bad Blood, the stuff with Kanye, Calvin Harris etc. etc.

She doesn't have to say bully, for those people to do so, but everyone knows they do if you ask them

Superstar
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 19:26

Exactly. The poor little eternal victim Taylor is not getting her way so she is throwing her crazy fans at her opponents. Pathetic.
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Superstar
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 19:34

Quote Originally Posted by KEY9481 View Post
    She knows exactly what she’s doing.
    And she knows exactly how a fanbase would react in this day and social media age. So spare me with the « she didnt actually ».

Both sides are tired and annoying.
    Exactly. It's just ego-centric multi-millionaires fighting over who gets to have even more millions.

Just throw both parties in the bin tbh.
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Superstar
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 19:47

It's so sad how easy it is to make masses of people care & feel bad about a filthy rich person not getting enough millions but these same people walk by homeless and even dying people on the street everyday without batting an eye or even worse they feel digusted looking at them.

Our society is really f*cked up.
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Superstar
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 20:19

#teamTaylor !
    Haven't been early since '88

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Fri November 15th, 2019, 20:36

Queen of Pop and of firing rats!

Legend
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

by » Sat November 16th, 2019, 09:32

I agree. So tired of her antics.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Sat November 16th, 2019, 11:28

If you guys are so over her and her antics, then what are you doing in a thread about her?
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by » Sat November 16th, 2019, 12:00

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    If you guys are so over her and her antics, then what are you doing in a thread about her?
    It's a news thread, it's not like people are spamming her artist thread.
    I like some of her music though

Legend
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

by » Sat November 16th, 2019, 14:59

I do appreciate some of her music too. Her last few albums all had some great pop song.
    It's her behavior that puts me off.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Superstar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Sun November 17th, 2019, 00:27

Omg politicians are stanning Taylor. It’s over for Scooter rat and Scott trash. They‘ll finally go to jail. A celebration!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Sun November 17th, 2019, 07:19

1, Jeremy Spears, you seriously need to grow up.

2, I find it interesting no older singers are standing behind her or commenting about this situation, just young singers who are her friends.