Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 526 to 541 of 541

Thread: Beyoncé :: "The Lion King: The Gift" era

  1. #526
    abi's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Dec 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    34,308
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 05:50

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    They went for Spirit and BSG then. It is now safe to say that @Shayonce was right. BSG won't ever debut Top50 mediabase on Urban. Radio is already dropping it. No idea why they picked it up in the first place then. It is probably her biggest flop on Urban radio ever (to think that even Pretty Hurts did better ).
    It's still a mystery to me how "Brown Skin Girl" is flopping on Urban. The song is made for her core audience/radio and they're not supporting it, and the song sounds extremely radio friendly to me as well.

  2. #527
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,418
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 08:59

    Quote Originally Posted by abi View Post
    It's still a mystery to me how "Brown Skin Girl" is flopping on Urban. The song is made for her core audience/radio and they're not supporting it, and the song sounds extremely radio friendly to me as well.
    Yeah I don't get it either. Maybe the song wasn't sent after all? Spirit was listed as a New release all the time, but then again that didn't stop BIL and it has been sent to Rhytmic and it is flopping even harder there. I've seen comments that radio doesn't touch songs from albums that are widely considered a flop I can't imagine anything else tbh not going number 1 or whatever-okay but not even reaching Top 50? That doesn't make sense at all especially since the reception among social media is/was great.

  3. #528

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 10:39

    This is the most disappointing thing from the era.
    I figured that the album wouldn’t be a smash hit as it’s kinda tied to the LK with interludes but the rest has nothing to do with what the core LK audience (Disney fans) know. I mean for most of them, the LK was about lions and not Africa. Now for the people wanting an Afrocentric album, well it hasn’t been marketed as anything strong enough singularly to get people excited for that. I also think that whilst afrobeats are popular, they aren’t on a level of the constant ‘island beats’ or Latin influences which consistently provide massive hits.

    BSG though has such potential, it is massive virally. Why, when it comes to Beyoncé, does this not translate to a radio hit. It’s not about bashing any other artist but it seems like every black celebrity/gossip page is pushing this to hundreds of thousands of views via interaction yet no one is willing to stream it?
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

  4. #529
    BeeBoy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,418
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 11:06

    Problem is they still tried to push Spirit when it came out and went viral. Then they pushed M4E more on streaming platforms in the first place. She only acknowledged its existence once with a compilation from her fans, which actually gave it a nice little push already. Since then nothing happened, nowadays it is more about momentum than ever.
    By now it should've had a lyric video, a vertical video for streaming. A music video teaser or even a whole music video, this doesn't need to have a big budget just something that is highlighting the beauty of brown skin girls. Exposure on her social media accounts. This is not how you make anything a hit. And it clearly shows they don't know how to push singles anymore. Sure it could've taken off on its own but coming from a flop album that is hardly going to happen. She is also 22years in the game it is not like she is still at her peak. Why should radio play a song that is doing nothing anywhere? Usually Urban radio supports everything from her even the songs that are not really made for the format, she is the artist with most R&B/HipHop airplay Top 10s. By now it is too late basically for everything coming from this album and the ones to blame are her team and Bey.
    I hope egos are heavily bruised so something IS going to change. If that is how you do a rollout, you deserve to flop period. And posting one song of the album per week in your story with a badly edited compilation without a caption, link to the audio is NOT going to cut it. I need to stop myself because I write essays everytime the topic is what they are doing wrong

  5. #530

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 11:32

    Spirit was pretty much canceled in favor of BSG. BSG took its urban/rhythmic radio release spot.

  6. #531

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 11:36

    BSG is still that song. But it seems the GP just wants regular Bey back. No group, no collaboration, no rapping & no more mixing social issues in her music. A album like 4 mixed with self titled would be her best route right now

  7. #532
    abi's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Dec 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    34,308
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 12:24

    Quote Originally Posted by aaliyahman View Post
    BSG though has such potential, it is massive virally. Why, when it comes to Beyoncé, does this not translate to a radio hit. It’s not about bashing any other artist but it seems like every black celebrity/gossip page is pushing this to hundreds of thousands of views via interaction yet no one is willing to stream it?
    To be honest with you, I think this case reminds me of Ciara's "Level Up" - that song was very popular among Urban audience, very popular inside the dance communities as well, and I think it kinda went viral for a moment - yet it didn't really translate into radio play nor Spotify streams.

    I believe these days, you really need some sort of radio push/deals to get your stuff play, unless your songs become BIG big then the radio will automatically play it. Although "Before I Let Go" was such weird case to me, it really took off when nobody was expecting it to.

  8. #533
    abi's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Dec 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    34,308
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 12:30

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayonce View Post
    Spirit was pretty much canceled in favor of BSG. BSG took its urban/rhythmic radio release spot.
    Yet it's not doing anything on both formats. I'm starting to think is it because Wizkid starts off the song instead of Bey that might be a turn off to some people? Would've it worked better if it went from Bey - Wizkid - Bey? The Kelly Rowland, Lupita & Naomi shoutouts on Bey's first verse could've gained some attention from the listeners to be honest.

  9. #534
    JeremySpears's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    24 Mar 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,793
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 12:48

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    BSG is still that song. But it seems the GP just wants regular Bey back. No group, no collaboration, no rapping & no more mixing social issues in her music. A album like 4 mixed with self titled would be her best route right now
    Damn the tea is so hot I just burned my tongue

  10. #535

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 17:54

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Problem is they still tried to push Spirit when it came out and went viral. Then they pushed M4E more on streaming platforms in the first place. She only acknowledged its existence once with a compilation from her fans, which actually gave it a nice little push already. Since then nothing happened, nowadays it is more about momentum than ever.
    By now it should've had a lyric video, a vertical video for streaming. A music video teaser or even a whole music video, this doesn't need to have a big budget just something that is highlighting the beauty of brown skin girls. Exposure on her social media accounts. This is not how you make anything a hit. And it clearly shows they don't know how to push singles anymore. Sure it could've taken off on its own but coming from a flop album that is hardly going to happen. She is also 22years in the game it is not like she is still at her peak. Why should radio play a song that is doing nothing anywhere? Usually Urban radio supports everything from her even the songs that are not really made for the format, she is the artist with most R&B/HipHop airplay Top 10s. By now it is too late basically for everything coming from this album and the ones to blame are her team and Bey.
    I hope egos are heavily bruised so something IS going to change. If that is how you do a rollout, you deserve to flop period. And posting one song of the album per week in your story with a badly edited compilation without a caption, link to the audio is NOT going to cut it. I need to stop myself because I write essays everytime the topic is what they are doing wrong
    I don’t even know what a vertical video is that’s how out of touch I am.

    I think if she did a proper premiere as a new Beyoncé song with a video. It could actually become a hit.

    Such a sad disappointment. She’s been lazy regarding her music rollouts since Lemonade. Even her foolish collaboration with that husband of hers if they hadn’t of been so arrogant and expected everything to go viral.

    I also agree, people just want Beyoncé the diva. She literally defined the current connotation of the word yet she pops up most of the time musically like some Drake/ Jay Z hybrid. She’s far too talented to diminish herself to their musical monotonous level.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

  11. #536
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    32,263
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 07:31

    Social issues incorporated in her music is not the problem here. It's just that Beyoncé hasn't been promoting catchy songs, a lot of the good songs from Lemonade and Beyoncé were paid dust in favor of the whole rap and talk-singing genre and it got so boring now. Also, the whole attitude of not caring about promotion made her lose touch with the general public. People now have this impression that she thinks highly of herself and it is quite off-putting. Even with her current releases from 2018 and 2019, a lot are not afraid to speak out and criticize her distance from the world.

  12. #537

    by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 14:04

    I mean why doesn’t she just have a bundle deal with the DVD/blue ray release?!
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

  13. #538
    Hayes's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    28 Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,918
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 15:30

    Ireland

    86 (74) 04 Brown Skin Girl

    Netherlands


    13 (14) 04 The Gift

    81 (74) 04 Spirit

    UK

    59 (53) 04 Brown Skin Girl
    Last edited by Hayes; Sat August 17th, 2019 at 15:38.

  14. #539

  15. #540
    Isurrender's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2008
    Location
    luxembourg
    Posts
    2,075
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 00:01

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    Social issues incorporated in her music is not the problem here. It's just that Beyoncé hasn't been promoting catchy songs, a lot of the good songs from Lemonade and Beyoncé were paid dust in favor of the whole rap and talk-singing genre and it got so boring now. Also, the whole attitude of not caring about promotion made her lose touch with the general public. People now have this impression that she thinks highly of herself and it is quite off-putting. Even with her current releases from 2018 and 2019, a lot are not afraid to speak out and criticize her distance from the world.
    This x1000...

  16. #541

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •