Thread: Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by Sat July 20th, 2019, 04:22

wiki:

"I Just Called to Say I Love You" is a ballad written, produced, and performed by Stevie Wonder.[2] It remains Wonder's best-selling single to date, having topped a record 19 charts.
    The song was the lead single from the 1984 soundtrack album The Woman in Red,[2] along with two other songs by Wonder, and scored number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks from October 13 to October 27, 1984. It also became his tenth number-one on the R&B chart, and his fourth on the adult contemporary chart; it spent three weeks atop both charts, and for the same weeks as on the Hot 100.[3] The song also became Wonder's only solo UK number-one success, staying at the top for six weeks, in the process also becoming Motown Records' biggest-selling single in the UK, a distinction it still holds as of 2018.[2] In addition, the song won both a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Original Song.[2] The song also received three nominations at the 27th Grammy Awards for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Instrumental Performance.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Fri July 26th, 2019, 09:29

What a beautiful song. I've always like this.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Superstar
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by Mon July 29th, 2019, 22:30

Is it bad that I never really liked this song ? I feel like I should. It's just too soppy for my tastes.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Roadie
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by Mon July 29th, 2019, 22:56

Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan View Post
    Is it bad that I never really liked this song ? I feel like I should. It's just too soppy for my tastes.
    Nah, you're good. I don't have much time for post-Golden Age Saccharine Stevie. "Jungle Fever" can kick rocks too.

Legend
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

by Sun August 11th, 2019, 11:18

I just hate this song. It’s so juvenile, soppy and the production is terrible. Stevie’s low moment.