Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetBack
    Legend
    • 11 Jun 2010

Britney Spears - (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix)

"(You Drive Me) Crazy" is a song recorded by American singer Britney Spears for her debut studio album, ...Baby One More Time (1999). Written and produced by Max Martin, Per Magnusson and David Kreuger with additional writing by Jörgen Elofsson and remix by Martin and Rami Yacoub, it was released as the album's third single on August 23, 1999 by Jive Records. It was featured on the soundtrack of the 1999 teen romantic comedy film Drive Me Crazy. The song garnered positive reviews from music critics, some of whom praised its simple formula and noted similarities to Spears' debut single, "...Baby One More Time". It was a commercial success and peaked inside the top ten on the singles charts of seventeen countries. In the United Kingdom, it became Spears' third consecutive single to peak inside the top five, while it reached number 10 in the United States' Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at number one in Belgium (Wallonia) and Iceland. An accompanying music video, directed by Nigel Dickand portrayed Spears as a waitress of a dance club and performed a highly choreographed dance routine with the other waitresses. The video premiered on MTV's Making the Video special and featured cameo appearances of actors Melissa Joan Hart and Adrian Grenier. As part of promotion for the song, Spears performed the song at the 1999 MTV Europe Music Awards and 1999 Billboard Music Awards. The video was nominated on the category of Best Dance Video on the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards It has also been included on five of her concert tours.
  • Erotica
    Legend
    • 15 Mar 2014

Great song and would say the best from her early ones.

Comment

• MrLeonix
      Legend
      • 13 Jan 2013

There wasn't a thread for this? O.o

. . Anyways, this is definitely one of her best ones and "coolest" from her early days. And the good part is that both versions (album and single version) are great.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Ewokguy15
        • 19 Apr 2002

The album version is terrible!!!!

The Stop remix is perfection, definitely one of my most listened to Britney tracks!!!!

Comment

• GetBack
          Legend
          • 11 Jun 2010

I just watched Drive Me Crazy last weekend and I enjoyed it. When this song was played, it took me back to 1999. I can't believe it's been 20 years since this came out.

Comment

• Angeman
            Manager
            • 06 May 2018

A classic. Both versions are excellent. Its a shame though that it hasnt had a great performance in 17 years...

Comment

• Goldmoney
              Site Supporter
              • 01 Aug 2009

You Drive Me Ghey (The Ghey Remix)

I can’t believe this is 20 years old tho!
              Originally posted by DOSSOME
              Since 2005, neither she nor any artist alive or otherwise has managed to release or even record anything better than We Belong Together.

Comment

Working...