Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 131

Thread: Katy Perry - Small Talk

  1. #76
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    22,902
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

    by » Mon August 12th, 2019, 17:24

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Is it confirmed this is the new single with video and everything? They should scrap it and rush release the harley song in two weeks with a video we love a "buzz single" nowadays
    Hopefully they’ll follow suit. Would love for this to get the buzz single treatment. Actually she some come out and say this was a leaked song for Witness that shouldn’t have been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra


    - Ugh, those feels again

  2. #77
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    78,037
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

  3. #78
    MusicRecords's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    17 Feb 2012
    Location
    New York City & Vienna
    Posts
    14,595
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

    by » Mon August 12th, 2019, 19:44

    Lol I get that they should scrap this...but what makes y’all think the Hawaii song will be any better?

    Also aren’t these stand alone singles? She said she wasn’t really gonna put out an album
    Follow Me On Instagram

    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

    #KING

  4. #79
    BehindBreakaway's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,792
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

    by » Mon August 12th, 2019, 19:50

    I really don't get the hate. It's really growing on me
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

  5. #80

    by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 04:06

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
    Hopefully they’ll follow suit. Would love for this to get the buzz single treatment. Actually she some come out and say this was a leaked song for Witness that shouldn’t have been released.
    omg the shade
    Forever Young

  6. #81
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    15,122
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 13th, 2019, 20:54

    2019 singles:

    365: 9/10
    Con Calma: 6/10
    Never Really Over: 10/10
    Small Talk: 8/10
    My Instagram... - Click here

  7. #82

  8. #83
    Michiel's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    22 Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerpen, Belgium
    Posts
    11,090
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 09:56

    Her voice is so grating in this... belieeeeeeve... memorriiiieeeees ugh
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal"
    Last.FM
    Instagram

  9. #84
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    8,055
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 10:25

    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    Her voice is so grating.
    Fixed. Even when she sounds good on a studio version, live she goes to her screechy and nasal voice.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  10. #85
    Carbon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Jul 2013
    Location
    Zero Point
    Posts
    24,953
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 10:38

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    Fixed. Even when she sounds good on a studio version, live she goes to her screechy and nasal voice.
    I like her live, but when she does songs that aren't that demanding. I enjoyed her MTV Unplugged session, there is a raspy quality to her voice that I dig.

    That said, most of her hits don't sound good live. She should stick to simpler acoustic stuff, her voice is really not that good for big pop songs.

  11. #86
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    8,055
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

    by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 11:17

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    I like her live, but when she does songs that aren't that demanding. I enjoyed her MTV Unplugged session, there is a raspy quality to her voice that I dig.

    That said, most of her hits don't sound good live. She should stick to simpler acoustic stuff, her voice is really not that good for big pop songs.
    I haven't seen that MTV Unplugged of hers, but all of the live performances I've seen, she did really bad. Always short of breath, jumping from one key to another, changing keys because she can't sing in the studio key. She always seems like she got picked from a crowd and is doing an impromptu performance she's didn't rehearse for.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  12. #87
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    28,494
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 19:07

    This is a grower, still a bit disappointing.
    Cha Cha Instructor

  13. #88
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    22,902
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 22:28

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    I haven't seen that MTV Unplugged of hers, but all of the live performances I've seen, she did really bad. Always short of breath, jumping from one key to another, changing keys because she can't sing in the studio key. She always seems like she got picked from a crowd and is doing an impromptu performance she's didn't rehearse for.
    Her performances have always been ok or miss.

    I will say, she did sounds great on MTV Unplugged. I think she does better live on acoustic/pop-rock tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra


    - Ugh, those feels again

  14. #89
    Erotica's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Mar 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18,860
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 22:33

    365 was the only good song after her Witness album :(
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

  15. #90

    by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 00:59

    This has grown on me a LOT. Originally I thought it was too bare but it’s just different that the production has been stripped back for a bit of the song in comparison to Katy’s other singles. I’d still probably have done something more creative with the blah blah blah but the song is something different. Not a #1 by any means but nice.

  16. #91
    Preyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Feb 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    26,679
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 06:38

    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    2019 singles:

    365: 9/10
    Con Calma: 6/10
    Never Really Over: 10/10
    Small Talk: 8/10
    The first two were collabos. Second was not meant for her album if I’m not mistaken. First one was random but maybe intended.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

  17. #92
    Preyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 Feb 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    26,679
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 06:40

    Just get Dr Luke back under a pseudonym
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

  18. #93
    oaknuys's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    30 Apr 2014
    Location
    Bel Air, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 14:04

    Dr Luke did wonders with her; i still think Max Martin can bring out the best of her if her record label plays their cards right. Max, Rami, Shellback and Salmanzadeh need to create an album for Katy with no external output from any other source.

  19. #94

    by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 01:19

    Apparently the song's set to miss the Hot 100 and will debut on the Bubbling Under chart, instead. Actually Really Over.

  20. #95

    by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 08:51

    this will be a buzz without doubt since we have that ME2 cloud
    Forever Young

  21. #96
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    28,494
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 11:31

    Quote Originally Posted by Postgenic View Post
    Apparently the song's set to miss the Hot 100 and will debut on the Bubbling Under chart, instead. Actually Really Over.
    You must be really happy about it
    Cha Cha Instructor

  22. #97

    by » Mon August 19th, 2019, 21:25

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    You must be really happy about it
    Well it's a bad song. But I was wrong about its chart debut: apparently it debuted at #81 on the Hot 100 this week. My bad.

  23. #98
    basticasas's Avatar

    Join Date
    02 Mar 2019
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 00:54

    Quote Originally Posted by Postgenic View Post
    Apparently the song's set to miss the Hot 100 and will debut on the Bubbling Under chart, instead. Actually Really Over.
    Debuted at #81 today...

  24. #99
    basticasas's Avatar

    Join Date
    02 Mar 2019
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 00:55

    She really needs to call Ilya and Savan Kotecha to save this, I'M SO DAMN MAD ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE US MADE SWEET BUT PSYCHO A TOP 10 HIT AND NEVER REALLY OVER NO.

  25. #100

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 08:05

    Quote Originally Posted by basticasas View Post
    She really needs to call Ilya and Savan Kotecha to save this, I'M SO DAMN MAD ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE US MADE SWEET BUT PSYCHO A TOP 10 HIT AND NEVER REALLY OVER NO.
    She really need to tbh
    Forever Young

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •