Thread: Songs You Hated Then But Love Now or Loved Then But Hate Now

by » Wed August 14th, 2019, 15:35

I tried searching to see if there was a topic like this but I couldn't find one. Feel free to lock this if I missed it though.

Are there any songs you hated when you first heard them years ago but now you absolutely love them?

When I first heard Good At Being Bad by TLC back in 1999 I hated it! I hated the change in tempo throughout the song, BUT now I can't get enough of it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 22:41

Weirdly had Beat Of My Drum by Nicola Roberts come up yesterday on my Spotify and I always remember how I hated it when it first came out but now I still think it's an absolute bop

Legend
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 23:01

Many songs from Rihanna's Rated R (for example Te Amo) or Beyonce's Beyonce (for example Heaven).

What also comes to my mind is Quit playing games from Backstreet Boys or Patience from Take That.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Thu August 15th, 2019, 23:41

Katy Perry‘s entire discography except for "Dark Horse" and maybe "Hot N Cold". I used to bop to "Teenage Dream" and "Prism" but I was 10-13 back then. Over the years I realized that it all sounded way too bubblegum pop-y to me and I didn’t like her voice anymore. Songs like "Birthday" are torture. Never knew you could start to dislike an entire discography with age.
    And when that thingy with Knee happened back in 2017 and I started to dislike her I threw my Katy albums away and it didn’t hurt anyway because I hadn’t listened to them in 2 years lol.

And then I guess we could all agree on some chart songs from Flo Rida or Pitbull that were good for the moment but aged like milk
    I also used to love "XO" by Beyoncé but now I think that song is pretty annoying and it’s a skip for me

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 13:19

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Katy Perry‘s entire discography except for "Dark Horse" and maybe "Hot N Cold". I used to bop to "Teenage Dream" and "Prism" but I was 10-13 back then. Over the years I realized that it all sounded way too bubblegum pop-y to me and I didn’t like her voice anymore. Songs like "Birthday" are torture. Never knew you could start to dislike an entire discography with age.
    And when that thingy with Knee happened back in 2017 and I started to dislike her I threw my Katy albums away and it didn’t hurt anyway because I hadn’t listened to them in 2 years lol.

And then I guess we could all agree on some chart songs from Flo Rida or Pitbull that were good for the moment but aged like milk
    I also used to love "XO" by Beyoncé but now I think that song is pretty annoying and it’s a skip for me
    Wow...you went through a whole thing Katy huh? I might get dragged for this BUT I cannot stand Britney's first album anymore...I tried listening to it the other day and I was so turned off. I was 14 when it came out so I guess I outgrew it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 10:51

Quote Originally Posted by Erotica View Post
    Many songs from Rihanna's Rated R (for example Te Amo) or Beyonce's Beyonce (for example Heaven).

What also comes to my mind is Quit playing games from Backstreet Boys or Patience from Take That.
    Oh forgot to say that I hated these at first and later loved them.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 22:46

I had quite the aversion to Celine Dion throughout the 90s. For one thing, I tend to like my divas on the dancier side of things so big ballad-y divas don't register with me as much. Great voice, obviously, but the cheesiest tunes ever and omnipresence of "My Heart Will Go On" did nothing to endear me to her. Somewhere along the line, though, something clicked and I came to appreciate her. I had a bonding moment with Celine when my sister and I were stuck in car for about 45 minutes. We just put on some Celine Dion as sang at the top of our lungs. It was great! Granted, I still don't listen to her music much, but I have much love for Celine. She is a fabulous Diva!

by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 10:57

I can't name a specific song but in my youth I couldn't listen to the Rolling Stones, they really irritated but in recent years i can't get enough of them

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 11:37

I didn't liked Fort Minor's music when it came out back in the day. I didn't understood English at the time so it felt like gibberish, once I understood English and listened the album again, I adored it, and The Rising Tied is now one of my all time favourite albums

by » Fri August 23rd, 2019, 14:01

Many songs, i was listening to linkin park songs before chester bennington death.

Event Tech Hire Kinja