Thread: Cheryl's waxwork removed from Madame Tussauds as she's 'no longer relevant'

Legend
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 17:11

Cheryl's waxwork removed from Madame Tussauds 'as she's no longer relevant'

The former X Factor judge has seen her singing career stall and her profile has diminished in recent years

Cheryl has had the ultimate signal that her career may be stalling after bosses at London's Madame Tussauds decided to remove her waxwork.

The 36-year-old has seen her pop music comeback have a spluttering return rather than an a triumphant one, while her presence as a judge on BBC's talent show The Greatest Dancer doesn't seem to have caught the public's imagination.

This has meant that the Geordie singer's stature in the world of celebrity has taken a stumble and bosses at the top London attraction have fears that she 'may no longer be relevant'.

The Sun has reported that Cheryl's waxwork is "currently being stored in the London archives," as she doesn't fit the bill as a recognisable enough celebrity, despite being an X Factor judge for a number of years.

A rep for the museum confirmed that it "isn't uncommon for our figures, as from time to time we do change who we have in the attraction."

The review of their collection is so that Madame Tussaud's can have "figures to best represent what our visitors want to see."

While Cheryl has found herself being dumped from the front line of the collection, the X Factor judges that appeared on the ITV show alongside her, have all escaped from being culled.

Simon Cowell can still be seen with Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh, who is reportedly returning to the show after being dropped by Cowell for last year's series.

Cheryl first appeared as a waxwork in 2010 and she has kept the modellers busy with her changing looks over the years, as the model tries to keep up with her latest incarnation.

When her waxwork model was first revealed in 2014, Cheryl's replica wore a red gown and a tiara, with the sculptors even adding the rings given to Cheryl by her now ex husband, Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini.

Her crown has reportedly slipped to such an extent, there is no longer a requirement for her to be seen at all.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...sauds-18950971
    Eek.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 17:18

Poor Cheryl.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 17:21

When did she stop being "former Girls Aloud singer" in favour of "ex-X Factor judge" - her celebrity definitely has plummeted in recent years.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 17:27

Wow that’s harsh.

Legend
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 20:15

Understandable, I can’t see anyone being interested in posing with her these days, it’s not 2010 anymore.

Manager
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 20:22

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Understandable, I can’t see anyone being interested in posing with her these days, it’s not 2010 anymore.
    I'd still pose. I still love her lol
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 21:01

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    what about that one from One Direction she was married to?
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 21:16

Well it's still in Madame Tussauds in Blackpool... I saw it today.

Though I understand why they would remove it ... Only Simon Cowell still thinks she is relevant.

Legend
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 22:25

MT is just another biz to attract customers. It’s fine if they feel that someone more relevant these days will attract more visitors.
    Nothing will take away her past accomplishments and that’s that.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Manager
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 04:43

Quote Originally Posted by Preyoncé View Post
    MT is just another biz to attract customers. It’s fine if they feel that someone more relevant these days will attract more visitors.
    Nothing will take away her past accomplishments and that’s that.
    Yas
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!