Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 140 singers sign pro-choice letter defending a woman's right to choose

Legend
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 20:03

Quote Originally Posted by joao View Post
    But to be fair, abortion also cause a lot of health issues on women. There´s a lot of scientific reasearch about this.
    It can, but the thing is that they aren't forced to carry around what eventually becomes a human being inside themselves. If a woman is forced to carry around a baby, they also become responsible of something they don't want to have or have to care for. At the end of the day this is about woman having the choice to do so, to either keep or abort it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 20:14

A discussion about abortion should never be centered around a man, which can then change his mind after 9 months. But when was the last time a man wanted a baby that a woman didn't have? There are bigger problems, like people dying while trying to abort illegally.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 20:28

1. So much sexism in this thread. I think fatherhood is understimated and underrated. The issues that men have to face are different than those of women, just because she has to carry the baby doesn't mean the men process is less important.

2. Stop describing and making pregnancy seem like the most psychologically traumatizing and horrible experience in the world (that's what these few women who don't want to take responsibility want you to believe) most women out there describe pregnancy as one of the most beautiful events and processes they have endured. It's a blessing.

3. Abortion also brings potential risks to women (infections, cancer, sterility, hemorrhage and even death to name a few). It won't ever be a safe practice.

4. Adoption is the safest option.

5. And yeah take responsibility, a baby (or a bunch of cells like some call it here) is not a piercing or a tattoo that you remove out of your body. It shouldn't be treated as if it was some random thing / object, it deserves a more serious treatment and consideration. A pregnancy is simply the consquences of actions, and that's the way life goes.

6. Like I said, I do think abortion should be practiced in certain cases, but it shouldn't ever become a daily mundane thing / practice that women do like if they were brushing their teeth or something.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu August 29th, 2019 at 20:33.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 20:45

100% agreeing with you, @MrLeonix. You don't seem to be one of those hardliners who denies abortion even in the case of rape or possible severe disabilities, which is good, and I like that you highlight the fathers' point of view as they tend to be neglected in social contexts most of the time.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 21:39

Well, if a man wants to be a father so badly, he should go and find a woman who wants a baby, simple as that. Just because someone got pregnant doesn't and shouldn't mean she should give birth. As for fatherhood, sorry but it's overrated as hell. Whatever happens, happens in a woman's body, so she has more say in this issue than a man does.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Manager
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 22:03

Firstly. Most woman do not say pregnancy is the best thing. You've got that flipped. My aunt was a midwife and the majority of woman have issues with pregnancy. Yes. Of. Course some woman say they love pregnancy etc but that's because they wanted a child. You aren't going to have a beautiful, lovely pregnancy when you don't want the child you're carrying.
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 22:59

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    1. So much sexism in this thread. I think fatherhood is understimated and underrated. The issues that men have to face are different than those of women, just because she has to carry the baby doesn't mean the men process is less important.
    By definition, the issues that men face are less important than women's (in this regard). Period. It's biological. Men have a penis shaped like this to dig away other competitors semen. Our gametes are expendable, we can produce a lot and quickly, and impregnate several women. And are fertile forever. Women have a very high investment and breeding with the wrong partner can mean their genes will not propagate. It's very high investment for them. For us, we don't care. You can have all the babies in the world provided you have enough sexual partners. They have the period every ******* month of their lives until menopause. How can you even compare? I could give you a detailed explanation but you won't listen and really this is just ignorant.
    2. Stop describing and making pregnancy seem like the most psychologically traumatizing and horrible experience in the world (that's what these few women who don't want to take responsibility want you to believe) most women out there describe pregnancy as one of the most beautiful events and processes they have endured. It's a blessing.
    Yes pregnancy is (mostly) wonderful when wanted. It can be excruciating when forced. You're only getting one side.
    3. Abortion also brings potential risks to women (infections, cancer, sterility, hemorrhage and even death to name a few). It won't ever be a safe practice.
    This is false, as the risks depend on the stage of pregnancy, and in early cases, abortion is safe. But pregnancy carries a bunch of risks itself, including death. Still, it's irrelevant. It's up to the individual to decide what risks they take.
    4. Adoption is the safest option.
    Wow... Safest option for what? Making the chances of someone being miserable incredibly high? Check drug addiction rates in adopted kids.
    5. And yeah take responsibility, a baby (or a bunch of cells like some call it here) is not a piercing or a tattoo that you remove out of your body. It shouldn't be treated as if it was some random thing / object, it deserves a more serious treatment and consideration. A pregnancy is simply the consquences of actions, and that's the way life goes.
    Well you should learn the difference between an egg, a morula, an embryo, a foetus and a baby human. Have a read on human embryology and development.
    6. Like I said, I do think abortion should be practiced in certain cases, but it shouldn't ever become a daily mundane thing / practice that women do like if they were brushing their teeth or something.
    This is just pathetic. Abortion is never a mundane thing, because of all the risks it carries. And no one takes pleasure from hurting their own bodies, like abortion essentially does. No one wants them, it's just a solution for a potentially big problem. And no one does abortion for contraception, who the fck do you know that has abortions like you are painting them to be?
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Manager
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 23:01

@DnBLover 100% agree. Very very well said
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 23:15

140 singers? Didn’t twitter have 140 characters at one stage?
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 23:19

Not on a serious note, I’m not religious so I think abortion is the woman’s right to decide.
    Yes, she will need counseling before making any decision but let her decide. She will after all have to bear the consequences of her actions.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 23:19

Not on a serious note, I’m not religious so I think abortion is the woman’s right to decide.
    Yes, she will need counseling before making any decision but let her decide. She will after all have to bear the consequences of her actions.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Fri August 30th, 2019, 10:01

Very well said @DnBLover
    Cha Cha Instructor

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Fri August 30th, 2019, 16:45

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    @DnBLover 100% agree. Very very well said