Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kanye West - Jesus Is King

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Wed November 6th, 2019, 19:35

That video gives me Midsommar vibes. What a creep.
    "You can build a new heart and a new house
    Gonna take some time but things will turn out
    So much of everything will be waiting for you..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

by » Tue November 12th, 2019, 15:00

Selah though.. That Hallelujah climax gives me chills every time.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sat November 23rd, 2019, 11:41

He's so lucky he has a delusional cult that supported this.

Legend
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

by » Sun November 24th, 2019, 11:10

I don't have the interest to replay this very often, especially when there were much better rap albums released in close proximity. There's good production, but not a whole lot of content to latch onto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon November 25th, 2019, 10:03

Christianity is the unwavering focus of Kanye’s gospel album, a richly produced but largely flawed record about one man’s love of the Lord and for us it's a bit weird.But of course, all people change under the influence of others. It can be a new actual topic for college and this service https://www.aresearchguide.com/plagiarism-checker.html helps students a lot. Plagiarism checker is popular not only among students but also singers. Now there is a lot of constructive criticism about his album. But it is always important to check the text through this tool because in this way you can distinguish real professionals from couch critics.
    Last edited by SharonMacomber; Wed November 27th, 2019 at 09:39.

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

by » Mon November 25th, 2019, 10:34

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik View Post
    I don't have the interest to replay this very often, especially when there were much better rap albums released in close proximity. There's good production, but not a whole lot of content to latch onto.
    I struggle listening to Kanye these days. I just can't stand his current mental state. Listening to his old music feels like listening to a different artist, but even then I am being thrown off. And this album has some very nice stuff, but zero replay value for me all things considered.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

by » Mon November 25th, 2019, 20:07

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    I struggle listening to Kanye these days. I just can't stand his current mental state. Listening to his old music feels like listening to a different artist, but even then I am being thrown off. And this album has some very nice stuff, but zero replay value for me all things considered.
    I get what you mean. Hearing my extremely religious mother praising him for things he's said in interviews also puts me off....especially when she'd never heard a Kanye song before Jesus Is King (and pronounces his name wrong, scream!!)

I feel like Kanye uses religion to paint himself as a victim a lot in this album, which makes for uncomfortable listening.

Honestly Danny Brown is creating the music Kanye should be making in an alternate 2019.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue November 26th, 2019, 19:03

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik View Post
    I get what you mean. Hearing my extremely religious mother praising him for things he's said in interviews also puts me off....especially when she'd never heard a Kanye song before Jesus Is King (and pronounces his name wrong, scream!!)

I feel like Kanye uses religion to paint himself as a victim a lot in this album, which makes for uncomfortable listening.
    And if you confront it with works like Yeezus or lines like "I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven and when I awoke I spent that on a necklace" from "Can't Tell Me Nothing" (my favorite single by him), everything gets even more... interesting (get that either in a good or bad way).

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMacomber View Post
    Christianity is the unwavering focus of Kanye’s gospel album, a richly produced but largely flawed record about one man’s love of the Lord and for us it's a bit weird.But of course, all people change under the influence of others. Now there is a lot of constructive criticism about his album. But it is always important to check the text through this tool because in this way you can distinguish real professionals from couch critics.
    I like that.

Legend
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Wed November 27th, 2019, 03:29

I don't understand why he delayed the album for all that mixing...and the mixing still sounds like shit.

Water is the only thing that is repayable for me. He has been on a massive decline since Life of Pabla.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)