Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: Samantha Jade - Bounce

  1. #76

    by Tue October 15th, 2019, 12:36

    Still rising on iTunes Australia: #27 (+1).

    Her performance of "Bounce" on "Sunrise" yesterday:


  2. #77
    Affillate's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    03 Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,513
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)

    by Tue October 15th, 2019, 12:52

    Nice video. Simple but the choreography works well also the bit's with the BOUNCE in the background and the ballet pole thing change it up a bit.

    You know I was thinking this is catchy and not every lead single has to be a uptempo high energy bop. Remember when Kylie came out with 'Slow' and we thought it was a little left field as a lead? The Veronica's also lead with a ballad in 'You Ruin Me' both these songs went #1. So it's not necessarily always the style of the lead that makes or breaks the track success wise.


    I think I read somewhere (maybe the Project interview) that the album is slated for early next year.

  3. #78

    by Wed October 16th, 2019, 12:56

    Quote Originally Posted by Affillate View Post
    Nice video. Simple but the choreography works well also the bit's with the BOUNCE in the background and the ballet pole thing change it up a bit.

    You know I was thinking this is catchy and not every lead single has to be a uptempo high energy bop. Remember when Kylie came out with 'Slow' and we thought it was a little left field as a lead? The Veronica's also lead with a ballad in 'You Ruin Me' both these songs went #1. So it's not necessarily always the style of the lead that makes or breaks the track success wise.


    I think I read somewhere (maybe the Project interview) that the album is slated for early next year.
    Yes, she said in numerous interviews that her new album will be out in 2020. Of course, that's only if "Bounce" is successful, because there's no way they will launch the album with a flop single. So far, "Bounce" is doing good, so the album is not out of the question.

    A ballad as a lead single would be quite refreshing or even a mid-tempo song like "Soldier" would be great too. But i really think with her vocals she would impress even more with a pure ballad. She kind of try with "Hurt Anymore", even though it was and at the same time wasn't a ballad but yes, i wish she would try a ballad just once to test the water but "Bounce" is doing a great job doing putting her out there again in the australian scene.

  4. #79
    picciottino's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    01 May 2005
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,549
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    by Wed October 16th, 2019, 13:54

    Kylie comparisons + ballad needed as lead single = one thing: she needs her Confide in Me moment <3
    (Hurt Anymore was pure trash. )

  5. #80

    by Thu October 17th, 2019, 00:12

    She is doing good but still not so good.
    No official charts entry, just on digital charts. Without spotify she will never get a hit.

  6. #81

    by Thu October 17th, 2019, 11:44

    Quote Originally Posted by DoesAnybody View Post
    She is doing good but still not so good.
    No official charts entry, just on digital charts. Without spotify she will never get a hit.
    She has a remix featuring City Girls out tomorrow. Maybe Sony was waiting for this remix to place her on some Spotify playlists. We will see in a few hours if that's the case.

  7. #82

    by Thu October 17th, 2019, 17:19

    "Bounce" was added to the biggest australian playlist on Spotify: "Hot Hits Australia" at #26.

    Should help increase its daily streams. Hopefully, they will get the song higher for an even better effect.

    That was the last thing that the song was lacking and now everything is line up for the song to be finally a hit: Top 20 on radio arplay, top 30 on iTunes, a remix with City Girls came out today, added to the biggest australian playlist on Spotify and she has a few promo coming up in the next few days.

  8. #83
    NoAngels's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Oct 2005
    Location
    Libya
    Posts
    9,858
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    by Thu October 17th, 2019, 20:03

    I like this. I didn't know that she could actually move.
    Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

  9. #84

    by Thu October 17th, 2019, 20:18

    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Orfino View Post
    "Bounce" was added to the biggest australian playlist on Spotify: "Hot Hits Australia" at #26.

    Should help increase its daily streams. Hopefully, they will get the song higher for an even better effect.

    That was the last thing that the song was lacking and now everything is line up for the song to be finally a hit: Top 20 on radio arplay, top 30 on iTunes, a remix with City Girls came out today, added to the biggest australian playlist on Spotify and she has a few promo coming up in the next few days.
    This is great news. Let's see how it goes now.

  10. #85

  11. #86
    westhammer's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    11,892
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

    by Thu October 17th, 2019, 22:27

    This is super gay, Im into it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •