Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tove Lo - Really Don't Like U (feat. Kylie Minogue)

by » Mon September 16th, 2019, 18:12

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    Are Kylie's parts actually already the real video and they'll just add Tove's parts later? Cause Tove's parts look so cheap while Kylie's look more thought-out.
    Yeah, noticed that too. Seems the case.

Love this song, it's soooooooo catchy. Can't get it out off my head.

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Mon September 16th, 2019, 18:13

The whole "lyric" video thing is weird. It looks way too cheap and tasteless for an actual video but then again way too elaborate and with the singers involved to be just a lyric video. All in all I think a simple lyric cartoon video would do the song more justice. That said it is great... I am not really familiar with Tove Lo's music but the song is more Kylie than Kylie's last album if you know what I mean (and I did like "Golden")

by » Mon September 16th, 2019, 19:40

“Glad He’s Gone” and “Bad as the Boys” were quite good, but I’m not really keen on this one so far.

Legend
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

by » Tue September 17th, 2019, 01:02

Quote Originally Posted by jio View Post
    The whole "lyric" video thing is weird. It looks way too cheap and tasteless for an actual video but then again way too elaborate and with the singers involved to be just a lyric video. All in all I think a simple lyric cartoon video would do the song more justice.
    I like how much effort Tove has put into these karaoke style lyric videos. Unlike an actual lyric video they hold my interest, while the lo-fi aesthetic is cheap but fits Tove's brand. Plus it's a good way to work around schedule conflicts without some green screen mess.

Can't get over how hot Kylie looks in the red blouse scenes. The video really adds to the song.

I also hope Kylie gets some scandi-pop girls to help out with her next album, because this vibe really works for her. An electro-pop album with R&B influences would be great (maybe I just want a second Body Language).

Legend
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

by » Tue September 17th, 2019, 18:02

I could imagine this fitting on X too actually.

Manager
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by » Tue September 17th, 2019, 20:38

Really digging this! It's awesome, the chorus is sugary sweet.
    feel free to listen to my ep "myosotis" . hope you enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/abelflowerxx/sets/myosotis

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Wed September 18th, 2019, 14:00

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    Are Kylie's parts actually already the real video and they'll just add Tove's parts later? Cause Tove's parts look so cheap while Kylie's look more thought-out.
    Tove is giving her songs on youtube this type of DIY lyric videos, so she filmed it while she was in Prague weeks ago.

Apparently, they plan to shoot official video too. We'll see.

Song on the other hand is still not growing on me, their voices are just not working well together.

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Wed September 18th, 2019, 14:05

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik View Post
    I like how much effort Tove has put into these karaoke style lyric videos. Unlike an actual lyric video they hold my interest, while the lo-fi aesthetic is cheap but fits Tove's brand. Plus it's a good way to work around schedule conflicts without some green screen mess.

Can't get over how hot Kylie looks in the red blouse scenes. The video really adds to the song.

I also hope Kylie gets some scandi-pop girls to help out with her next album, because this vibe really works for her. An electro-pop album with R&B influences would be great (maybe I just want a second Body Language).
    Tove said it was Kylie who said she wanted to work together so let's hope they do, because after Golden, she really needs to redeem herself.

Tove has written some of my favorite pop songs of this decade for other artists (Girls Aloud - Something New, Hilary Duff - Sparks - which actually got me in Tove's music after I saw comment that it sounded like her song I decided to download QOTC)

Legend
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

by » Wed September 18th, 2019, 19:23

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik View Post
    Yes!! We need to forget Golden ever happened and Make Kylie Great Again

by » Thu September 19th, 2019, 13:54

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I could imagine this fitting on X too actually.
    Ok. I can see that! Can we get another X-esque album from Kylie?

Manager
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by » Thu September 19th, 2019, 14:43

Quote Originally Posted by dylonj View Post
    Ok. I can see that! Can we get another X-esque album from Kylie?
    This or another Body Language-esque album please.

I mean Kylie herself says Slow is her favorite song. So why doesn't she simply contact these producers again and make an album with them?
    feel free to listen to my ep "myosotis" . hope you enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/abelflowerxx/sets/myosotis

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Thu September 19th, 2019, 14:44

Back to Tove please

by » Sun September 29th, 2019, 10:51

I actually don’t mind this song now. It kinda grew on me when I listened to the whole album a few times.

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Mon September 30th, 2019, 18:06

It’s a great track. However it’s no Mateo. That one deserves the single treatment.
    I know you ain't a drug but you get me so high | My last.fm

by » Mon September 30th, 2019, 18:13

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDream View Post
    I actually don’t mind this song now. It kinda grew on me when I listened to the whole album a few times.
    Same here! After I got past the disappointment of the sound of it and listened to the lyrics I fell in love.