Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UKMIXtapes VOL 3 // ROUND 6 RESULT + ROUND 7!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Fri October 11th, 2019, 13:07

I randomised each list a couple times each (other than the set order lists) and some of them still came out with the first song in your list as first, but there's some change ups coming up. Start Listening and voting! I'll leave the round open a few days.

Legend
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)

by » Fri October 11th, 2019, 13:49

Quote Originally Posted by Affillate View Post
    I randomised each list a couple times each (other than the set order lists) and some of them still came out with the first song in your list as first, but there's some change ups coming up. Start Listening and voting! I'll leave the round open a few days.
    Maybe you want to post the first round on the new page again (or put it into your post that I quote here) so it doesn't get lost on the last page?

Anyways, very glad this is finally starting! Will listen to them later today

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

by » Fri October 11th, 2019, 14:52

Quote Originally Posted by Affillate View Post
    I just realized @trebor only submitted 8 songs. I'll randomise to get the first song to play but then I'll reshuffle the rest of your list once you submit two extras ok?
    So sorry! Will get you 2 additional songs by tonight...

Manager
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 00:14

GROUP A

4 Vérité - Solutions
    3 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes
    2 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    1 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT

GROUP B

4 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time
    3 Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine
    2 Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine
    1 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off

GROUP C

4 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis
    3 JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies
    2 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head
    1 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai

GROUP D

4 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    3 The Orion Experience – Vampire
    2 Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy
    1 Seventeen - Fear

It’s nice to see that someone submitted a song by VÉRITÉ, I didn’t know she had other fans on ukmix apart from me! Love her, she’s criminally underrated.

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 00:20

@Affillate are the mixtapes beside users with 'order set' being presented in a specific order? If so, can mine be presented in the order I PM'd you the tracks (it works since the first song presented was my first anyways)? If not, that's no problem, I just feel like my mixtape would work better in that order.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 00:37

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik View Post
    @Affillate are the mixtapes beside users with 'order set' being presented in a specific order? If so, can mine be presented in the order I PM'd you the tracks (it works since the first song presented was my first anyways)? If not, that's no problem, I just feel like my mixtape would work better in that order.
    Thats totally fine, I can revert the rest of yours back to your set order. I'm doing the round shuffles as they come up (so the same tapes aren't in the same groups every round).

NOTICE: While i'm here in case the others didn't see it (as we can still correct your order this early bar only one song played so far);

is that in the first edition, there was a point of discussion on the order the mixtape is played in (biscuits had done as I'm doing now, randomised the orders);

for the purposes of the game, the order dosent matter too much as there isn't any strategy advantage related to eliminations (as there aren't any) and the semi-anonymous nature of the game from round to round (as well as being listened to with 15 other songs) means that others wont be able to connect the songs ordered flow thematically etc. until the end of the mixtape and the game anyway.

Personally I find it to be a little bit part of the fun of the game to see which song from my mixtape will come up next, and what it will be competing against.

HOWEVER, if you would still like me to present yours in order that you submitted them (apart from the first song which but for a few (orders already set and the ones who got a shuffle where the first song came out anyway) has been randomised for R1, then I can revert the rest of your list to your set order for Round 2.

@Colbie @GaGarazzi @Wayne @trebor @RayRay @JSparksFan @xtofer @Spiral @Spartan @SilentDream
    @LastDreamer
    Last edited by Affillate; Sat October 12th, 2019 at 01:04.

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 09:27

I’m happy with the randomising of the mixtapes. Will listen to all the tunes tomorrow as I’m working all day today.

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 09:33

4 - Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes
    3 - Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    2 - Vérité - Solutions
    1 - 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT

4 - Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine
    3 - Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine
    2 - Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time
    1 - Alex Bruce - Pull It Off

4 - JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies
    3 - Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head
    2 - Lindsey Stirling - Artemis
    1 - Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai

4 - Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy
    3 - The Orion Experience – Vampire
    2 - Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    1 - Seventeen - Fear

Legend
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 13:07

Happy for songs to be randomised, love the presentation!

GROUP A

04 - Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough - she has such a beautiful voice, you know it's instantly her by the deliberate breaks/cracks in her voice and her strong, supported mid-range belts. Great song.
    03 - Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes - it's a bit repetitive but has a nice summer feeling, similar beat to Hot Natured - Benediction.
    02 - Vérité - Solutions - marginally better than 9x9.
    01 - 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT - being absolutely honest, this is not my thing at all.

GROUP B

04 - Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine - well I just adored this. Seeing the title, I thought she was going to sing about a lesbian love affair but it became obvious she was talking about herself. I read one of her interviews whilst listening to the song, and it's got a powerful message. Underrated singer as well.
    03 - Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time - Dedicated is a phenomenal album, I prefer Too Much and The Sound but this is still great.
    02 - Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine - crikey, this is of its time. Good voice!
    01 - Alex Bruce - Pull It Off - NO, I can appreciate most types of music but...

GROUP C

04 - Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head - it feels like it's a modern twist on a throwback to a sound from the 00s, if that makes sense? Great song.
    03 - JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies - his voice is insane, this is - a song that I have a personal connection to.
    02 - Lindsey Stirling - Artemis - I feel like I've heard this before, it's really something if you're a fan of the instrument but after a while, I find it to be a bit piercing. She's clearly very talented, as Celine wouldn't have had her on stage with her.
    01 - Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai - OMG, genius choice. Julie Andrews would be mortified.

GROUP D

04 - The Orion Experience – Vampire - well this is insanely addictive, absolutely love it.
    03 - Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow - this is lovely, she's got a nice voice.
    02 - Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy
    01 - Seventeen - Fear - I just don't like music like this, with a heavy rap background sound interspersed with an overbearing dance track.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 13:38

GROUP A

4 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    3 Vérité - Solutions
    2 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT
    1 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes

GROUP B

4 Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine
    3 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off
    2 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time
    1 Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine

GROUP C

4 JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies
    3 Lindsey Stirling
    2 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head
    1 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai

GROUP D

4 Seventeen - Fear
    3 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    2 The Orion Experience – Vampire
    1 Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy

Superstar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 14:39

GROUP A

4. Vérité - Solutions
    3. Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    2. Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes
    1. 9x9 - Night Light

GROUP B

4. Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time
    3. Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine
    2. Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine - This has to be part of Affiliate's mixtape given the video is a Rage rip.
    1. Alex Bruce - Pull It Off

GROUP C

4. Lindsey Stirling - Artemis - I love this one!
    3. Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head
    2. JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies
    1. The other one... no offence, but is this a serious song???

GROUP D

4. Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    3. Seventeen - Fear
    2. Miss Platinum - Where Did You Go Boy?
    1. The Orion Experience - Vampire

Legend
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

by » Sat October 12th, 2019, 18:45

Might circle back and post some comments, but have to get going.

GROUP A

4 Vérité - Solutions
    3 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes
    2 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    1 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT

GROUP B

2 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off
    1 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time

GROUP C

3 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai
    2 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis
    1 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head

GROUP D

4 The Orion Experience – Vampire
    3 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    2 Seventeen - Fear
    1 Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy

Legend
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)

by » Sun October 13th, 2019, 10:17

My plan got shaken up a bit and I won't be home for the whole day, so I can't vote until very late today or early tomorrow - hope it stays open until then

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Sun October 13th, 2019, 10:34

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    My plan got shaken up a bit and I won't be home for the whole day, so I can't vote until very late today or early tomorrow - hope it stays open until then
    Thats ok, waiting until we get all or most of the 16 mixtape voters in at least before closing. (Along with any others who may want to throw some votes in).

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

by » Sun October 13th, 2019, 11:22

A
    4 - Verite
    3 - Kelly Clarkson
    2 - 9x9
    1 - Neon Valley

B
    4 - Joanne Accom
    3 - Sara Bareilles
    2 - Carly Rae Jepsen
    1 - Alex Bruce

C
    4 - Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis
    3 - JP Cooper
    2 - Lindsey Stirling
    1 - Nilufer Yanya

D
    4 - Gabrielle Aplin
    3 - The Orion Experience
    2 - Seventeen
    1 - Miss Platnum
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Manager
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by » Sun October 13th, 2019, 17:14

GROUP A
    4 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT
    3 Vérité - Solutions
    2 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes
    1 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough

GROUP B
    2 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time
    1 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off

GROUP C
    3 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis
    2 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai
    1 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head

GROUP D
    4 Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy
    3 The Orion Experience – Vampire
    2 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    1 Seventeen - Fear

@Affillate Im Okay for my list to be randomised. Also just a head up, in my amended list, the entry that I changed (my 9th entry) has correct link but when you click on the link, it goes to my old entry video. If you just copy the link, should be fine

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Mon October 14th, 2019, 00:30

@Affillate thanks!

A
    Neon Valley - The Look in Your Eyes (sure, this has been done a lot better, but I love the vibe and the bassline of this track)
    03 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT (cute melodies, but the tropical pop style of production has been much better adapted by UK acts and sounds a bit dated)
    02 VÉRITÉ - Solutions (this is the opposite of the 9x9 song for me; strong production, but nothing else stands out. I've heard a number of songs from this artist over the year and they've never stood out to me unfortunately)
    ​01 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough (Kelly has a great voice, but the song is the exact kind of schmaltzy ballad I can't stand)

B
    04 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time (I've seen Carly live this year and love her album, so this was obviously going to get my 4 points. Such a well written pop song with production that doesn't do too much but more than enough. Carly really knows how to capture the dynamics of relationships and the thought processes that go along with that)
    03 Alex Bruce - Pull it Of (the beat is derivative, but Alex has a good flow)
    02 Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine (I had to listen to this via another video since the link provided was so LQ. The song is definitely of it's time...I'd probably appreciate it if I had some nostalgia attached to it, but it's age is kind of showing. Still, I like the bassline and the song is some good old cheesy fun)
    01 Sara Bareielles - She Used to Be Mine (I like how this explodes leading up to the final chorus, but I really couldn't connect with the song and was bored throughout most of it)

C
    04 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Heads (Nilüfer Yanya grapples with the illusion of freedom in this track which balances the euphoria of thrashing guitars, with the mania of a soaring chorus and the trepidation of heavy drums. Just when you think your mind is going to collapse in on itself during the song's panicked middle 8, the freedom that comes with realising you might have already hit rock bottom and have nothing to lose comes with one final effervescent chorus​)
    03 JP Cooper - We Were Under Blue Skies (I can see myself getting sick of middle of the road ballads very quickly in this competition, but despite a number of lyrical cliches JP Cooper is a genuinely good songwriter with a great voice. The instrumentation of backing vocals on this track really elevate it above average​)
    02 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis (I can appreciate the talent required to create something like this, but the electronic elements sound a little weak and dated while the whole naturist pagan warrior aesthetic is a little off-putting)
    01 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingaia (this is like some kind of odd Mary Poppins tv sketch...I'm lost)

D
    04 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow (I didn't care for Gabrielle Aplin before she released this song, but this track exceeded any expectations back when it was released. I love how the song builds from the brooding verses, to the first bubbly chorus, to a more punchy second chorus, peaking with a brilliant post-chorus following the second chorus. And yes, I get massive Carly Rae Jepsen vibes from this track)
    03 Seventeen - Fear (this starts off very standard K-Pop, but I like how the production switches up and the video is real slick)
    02 Miss Platnum - Where Did You Go Boy (this started off well, but it got a little messy as it went on and then just dragged on. the breakdown near the end was a welcome surprise, but the mixing on this track needs cleaned up)
    01 The Orion Experience - Vampire (I was on the fence with this song during first verse, but the chorus is undeniably irritating)

Legend
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)

by » Mon October 14th, 2019, 10:36

GROUP A
    4 - Vérité - Solutions [Oh, this is strong! Love the vocals but also love the 'drop' if you can call it like that. Not as sympathetic as 9x9, but the song is more my taste so I have to put her just above them]
    3 - 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT [this is pretty solid and I've enjoyed it, though some parts sound dated to me. Really enjoyed the video as it gave me vacation vibes <3]
    2 - Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough [I misread this and expected the My December single to start and was shocked when it didn't! So this went from a 4 by default to a solid 2 in this group; it's a good ballad and her vocals are amazing, but the song has failed to really connect with me already when it came out]
    1 - Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes [Not bad by any means, but it's a strong group and someone has to be last]

GROUP B
    4 - Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time [This has been one of my favorite songs of Dedicated since day one, so I obviously also enjoy it a lot here and none of the other songs come close to this for me]
    3 - Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine [Strong ballad, fantastic voice, I'm impressed!]
    2 - Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine [Well, it sounds exactly as old as it is. Don't really like these songs nowadays but probably would have loved this back in 2001. Love her energy in the video!]
    1 - Alex Bruce - Pull It Off [Ohhhh... Pinoy, right? She seems so young but so talented. Kinda giving me Willow (Smith) vibes. I appreciate what she's doing, but the song is not my style at all and I already had enough after half of it, so unfortunately I have to put her last despite my heart usually beating for filipino things as well]

GROUP C
    4 - Lindsey Stirling - Artemis [brilliant song by the violinist. Fantastic video as well and I love how she uses her own vocals here]
    3 - JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies [Kinda 3 by default as I didn't like the other two and Artemis is the clear standout in this group to me. He's got a lovely voice, the song is just solid for me]
    2 - Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai [Very risky choice to go with something like this for this game, so kudos to whoever submitted this. Unfortunately, the risk doesn't pay off for me]
    1 - Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head [That's one of the styles that clicks with me the least, so I just can't get into it, sorry]

GROUP D
    4 - Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow [This is pretty good, I also enjoy the video. A shame she doesn't score hits anymore]
    3 - Seventeen - Fear [Really enjoyable K-Pop tune, also enjoyed their voices]
    2 - Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy [Interesting song, I like it!]
    1 - The Orion Experience – Vampire [I thought the verses were okay, but couldn't get into the chorus at all. Not a bad song overall, but definitely the one that I enjoyed the least in this group]

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Mon October 14th, 2019, 17:09

GROUP A
    4. Neon Valley
    3. Kelly Clarkson
    2. Vérité
    1. 4x4

Not a bad group. The top two are on par, I put Kelly lower down as I prefer the original to her version. Vérité was an okay song - but bland and 4x4 wasn’t my cup of tea tbh.

GROUP B
    4. Sara Bareilles
    3. Joanne Accom
    2. Carly Rae Jepsen
    1. Alex Bruce

Some really nice songs in here, especially the top two. Carly’s is decent too, I feel like I don’t enough of her tunes tbh. Alex’s song was pretty poor though.

GROUP C
    4. Nilüfer Yanya
    3. Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis
    2. Lindsey Stirling
    1. JP Cooper

Honestly, really average group. The Mary Poppins one was hilarious so extra points for that.

GROUP D
    4. Gabrielle Aplin
    3. Miss Platnum
    2. The Orion Exeprience
    1. Seventeen

Three quite good songs that I’d actually listen to again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)

by » Tue October 15th, 2019, 03:23

GROUP A = 7.4/10
    4 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough: 8.3/10 - almost as good as the Loren Allred version, which I like quite a bit!
    3 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT: 7.8/10 - this was fun!
    2 Vérité - Solutions: 7/10 - interesting. Not really my cup of tea, but pretty decent anyway.
    1 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes: 6.5/10 - a bit average for me.

GROUP B = 7.25/10
    4 Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine: 10/10 - I am displeased that this had to be in this group. The way the song builds to that soaring climax is textbook ballad construction and delivery. I find the lyrics relatable here so that only makes the song that much lethal.
    3 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time: 9/10 - the best Dedicated track, this one has 10/10 potential, but I feel like Carly missed an opportunity on the vocal to really hammer home the lyrics.
    2 Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine: 7/10 - basic, but catchy pop, and there'll always be a place in my playlist for tracks like this one.
    1 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off: 3/10 - I was happy when this ended.

GROUP C = 6.05/10
    4 JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies: 8.2/10 - nice easy listening jam. It built to a lovely little climax at the end.
    3 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis: 8/10 - not her best, but still lovely. I can't even remember listening to a Lindsey Stirling track that was weak.
    2 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head: 5/10 - eh, this was forgettable.
    1 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai: 3/10 - this feels like a Eurovision entry, but a terrible one.

GROUP D = 6.975/10
    4 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow: 8.5/10 - groovy! This was enjoyable.
    3 Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy: 7.7/10 - the lyrics were a bit extreme, and I liked it!
    2 The Orion Experience – Vampire: 7.2/10 - pretty decent! I'd add it to my Halloween playlist.
    1 Seventeen - Fear: 4.5/10 - eh, didn't enjoy this.
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2019: [Starting tomorrow!]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Legend
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

by » Tue October 15th, 2019, 09:20

GROUP A
    04 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes
    <I am loving the nu-disco vibe of this. It is giving me some sort of nostalgia.>
    03 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT
    <Ooh, I love James and JJ/Jayler! I watched Great Men Academy when it aired this year and I fell in love with them. Then, I watched every single series and movies they appeared on. I didn't really like most of 9x9 songs that they released while they were still together as a group, but I gotta stay this is one of their better ones.>
    02 Vérité - Solutions
    <Nice little electropop track, but does not stand out that much.>
    01 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    <Kelly did this justice, but the original still has a certain fullness.>

GROUP B
    04 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off
    <*insert fire emoji*>
    03 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time
    <Not my favourite on the album, but this is still good. My favourite part is the chorus when she started singing "mhhhhy bhhhhahhhbyyyhhh...".>
    02 Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine
    <C'mon early 2000s pop realness, fun but sounds dated.>
    01 Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine
    <I like the buildup towards the end, but I find the song too sappy as a whole.>

GROUP C
    04 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis
    <The hook is so catchy! The electronic beat mixes well with the violin and that slight hint of vocals is so good. I like how empowering this sounds.>
    03 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head
    <I have heard this before but it's just now that I have listened to this properly. I love how the riff and the drums went hard towards the end. The tone of her voice is gave it an additional edge.>
    02 JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies
    <Such beautiful and sad lyrics. The falsetto part in the end, I like.>
    01 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai
    <Doing the laundy while singing a song live? C'mon, multitasking! I feel the girl when she showed how tired she was towards the end of the performance.>

GROUP D
    04 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    <So good! It has most of the elements I love in a pop song.>
    03 Seventeen - Fear
    <Never really got into them, did not like their concepts before. This is a change of direction, and I think this is the best I have heard of them so far.>
    02 Miss Platnum - Where Did You Go Boy
    <It sounds promising at first, but it flatlined towards the middle.>
    01 The Orion Experience – Vampire
    <I like how it started and the verses were quite good, but the chorus just ruined it for me.>
    Last edited by xtofer; Tue October 15th, 2019 at 09:25.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Tue October 15th, 2019, 11:41

GA
    4 Vérité - Solutions
    (This really jams once the chorus comes in)
    3 Neon Valley - The Look In Your Eyes (Catchy, has a nice synthy groove to it)
    2 9x9 - NIGHT LIGHT (this was fun, like the other K?pop song its fun to have the english subtitles on to see where they slip in and out)
    1 Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough (nice, Kelly kind of makes a bit of her own take in parts with some of the phrasing, the YT comments talking about the 'For Meeeee' bit. I might've ranked this higher in another group but all 4 of these are pretty contrasting in their own ways.)

GB
    4 Joanne Accom - So Damn Fine
    (this is a jam, very danceable)
    3 Carly Rae Jepsen - Right Words, Wrong Time (it's got a slight 'I Knew You Were Trouble' kinda vibe with the chorus backing music.)
    2 Sara Bareilles - She Used To Be Mine (Interesting subject matter lyrically, nice ballad but the pop tracks edge it out for me this this group though).
    1 Alex Bruce - Pull It Off (this had a good flow but tough group)

GC
    4 Lindsey Stirling - Artemis
    (great fusion of the violin with what sounds like a dubstep-esque drop and build up, bit of slight vocal harmonising going on as well)
    3 JP Cooper - We Were Raised Under Grey Skies (this is nice and laid back, it reminds me a little of like a James Morrison or something kinda song).
    2 Nilüfer Yanya - In Your Head (the verses are groovy in a rock way)
    1 Monika Sedziuviene and Deivis – Super Ekstra Moto Grafo Ultra Siautulingai (Points for a wacky entry, but it's in a tough group. What is this show?)

GD
    4 Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow
    (well Isnt this nice and poppy, don't think I had checked out much of her other stuff than when she came out with Power of Love and Salvation)
    3 Seventeen - Fear (The video elevates this as a lot of K-Pop videos are a big effects extravanganza, It's a little disjointed in parts but still has that little catchy bit in the chorus)
    2 Miss Platnum – Where did you go boy (I used her song 'She Moved in!' off this album as my debut entry in FSC in 2016. as in that song, nice use of horns).
    1 The Orion Experience – Vampire
    (bottom 2 were nice and singalong)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

by » Tue October 15th, 2019, 11:42

I think it's just @RayRay left to vote of the 16 and I can tally it up (unless some non-mixtapers wanna throw some votes in?)