Thread: London: two members of public killed in bridge attack

Legend
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)

by Fri November 29th, 2019, 22:44

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    Two people were killed and three more were injured in a terrorist attack near London Bridge on Friday, police have confirmed.

The suspect was wrestled to the ground by passersby and shot dead by officers.
    The suspect, who police say was wearing a fake suicide vest, was killed after emergency services were called to a stabbing incident at premises near the bridge shortly before 2pm on Friday.

The incident played out in extraordinary scenes that prompted praise for the bravery of members of the public and police. In footage captured by bystanders, civilians are seen wrestling with a person lying on the ground at the northern end of the bridge, before being pulled to safety by armed police arriving at the scene.

The suspect, dressed in black, then appeared to try to rise, before firearms officers fired two shots. One man wearing a suit appeared to have removed a large knife from the suspect before the shots were fired, and was filmed running down the road away from the scene gesturing at others to get back.
    Another all too common occurrence today in London - there are videos floating around of the moment the attacker was killed by police.

Manager
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

by Fri November 29th, 2019, 23:56

Scary and sad. What's worse is that it isn't that surprising anymore
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)

by Sat November 30th, 2019, 11:44

When I saw that three people had also been stabbed in an attack in the Netherlands, I feared another coordinated attack that would impact multiple countries but again, it looks like these were in isolation.

I hate that these sorts of attacks still occur, devastated that two people were killed and more injured.

The passers by who tried to apprehend him and who ultimately prevented him from doing more harm by disarming him deserve a commendation - incredible acts of bravery.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Sun December 1st, 2019, 16:00

How the hell did they release the attacker from prison early? And the irony of one of the men stopping him being a murderer himself and he was permitted to be out that day.

Legend
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)

by Mon December 2nd, 2019, 11:19

Boris using this as a political smear against Labour, what a vulgar man.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 09:35

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    How the hell did they release the attacker from prison early? And the irony of one of the men stopping him being a murderer himself and he was permitted to be out that day.
    Isn’t it ironic