Thread: Long Distance Relationships

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 04-03-04, 20:29

Quote Originally Posted by SholasBoy
    It makes the time you spend together more special, and it gives you something to look forward to when you know you're going to be together again in 2 weeks time.
    Ok. Its like you read my mind!

That is just the main thing.

If you saw eachother every day, you may not appreciate the time you spend together, but if you don't see eachother as often, you really do appreciate it, and live for those moments together!
    When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
    Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 04-03-04, 22:13

Shane and Daz, you both managed to totally take all the words I wanted to say out of my typing fingers!

So yeah, there you go

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 05-03-04, 10:04

Quote Originally Posted by SholasBoy
    To sum all that up, it makes you appreciate your relationship much more I think
    That is so true.

The trust thing hasn't been an issue so far.. he is totally devoted to me and I know he'd never do anything like that. It's interesting how his views on relationships are kinda different since he was brought up in Asia, he finds the English/Irish attitude to sex crazy So I don't really have too many worries there.
    Can't make decisions, I could use some more distractions today..

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 05-04-18, 08:05

Just bumping this up as I'm finding myself in a long distance relationship as of this past weekend.

We've been playing SongPop against each other for almost a year and a half now, but really started talking to each other last summer. Over time, I've developed a strong friendship with her, and I rarely ever talk to other opponents on there! We started discussing which songs each other liked (or hated!) and found out that we had a lot in common.

However, it really came to a head this past week, when we both revealed to each other that we'd had a crush on each other for some time. We then decided to pursue a relationship, and the more we've found out about each other, the more we love each other.

Honestly, in a case like this, I am more than willing to accept the distance between us because I feel that there isn't a more perfect girl for me, and we honestly can never get bored of talking to each other about anything at all! I feel like I can trust her with absolutely anything, and we reveal our deepest thoughts to each other... thoughts that we would never reveal to anyone else. Sometimes we can read each other's minds even before they say something! I am certain that we will meet in person at some point soon, given how compatible we have been. She is 31 and I am 35, and I feel at this age, we are older and more mature and can handle the pressures of a long distance relationship better than if we were in our 20's.

I had been in a previous long-distance relationship in 2005-06 (we lasted 10 months together), and I did meet her, but ultimately, irreconcilable differences broke us up. Following this, I felt like I'd given up any chance of finding another girlfriend, but lately I have been proven wrong by my latest scenario and I haven't been happier in a long time. Thankfully this time, my current girlfriend and I live in the same country so that will make it easier on both of us.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need rappers like me
    So they can get on their fuckin' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)