User Tag List

Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 1920

Thread: Japanese Charts-The Archives

  1. #351
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 24-03-05, 15:13

    For Basil,

    America
    Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.


    [Albums]
    1972/05/10 America # 9 , 22 weeks, 44,000 [LP]
    1972/12/21 Homecoming # 42 , 9 weeks, 16,000 [LP]
    1975/05/25 Hearts # 74 , 4 weeks, 6,000 [LP]
    1976/05/25 Hideaway # 62 , 5 weeks, 7,000 [LP]
    1982/09/21 View From The Ground # 43 , 9 weeks, 19,150 [LP]
    1983/07/21 Your Move # 58 , 6 weeks, 9,030 [LP]

    [Singles]
    1972/04/25 A Horse With No Name # 16 , 19 weeks, 131,000
    1972/07/25 I Need You # 64 , 7 weeks, 17,000
    1975/06/25 Sister Golden Hair # 73 , 11 weeks, 34,000
    1979/05/25 California Dreamin' # 84 , 6 weeks, 15,000
    1982/09/21 You Can Do Magic # 68 , 7 weeks, 20,450

  2. #352
    Edu's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2004
    Location
    Coimbra, Portugal
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 24-03-05, 16:05

    Mario, i think that if you are working on a list with all the international 500,000 plus sellers albums in Japan, that would deserve a thread of it own, separate from this one. And probably later you would add on that new thread the list with sales of all the big global sellers that didn't reached the half-million sales in Japan (like "Purple Rain"). I really think it deserve a special place in these forums

  3. #353
    Manager
    Join Date
    12 Sep 2004
    Location
    Wessex
    Posts
    2,786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 24-03-05, 18:51

    Hey thanks a lot Mario. Brilliant results on America, and interesting how late the Japanese got into the Mamas & Papas - I was amazed at their album sale in 1980.

    I agree with Edu about starting a new thread. Keep this one for all the separate artists. I think you must be the busiest person on this forum doing all this work for us.

    It is very much appreciated, particularly as some of your posts must take ages to prepare.
    See Page One of my threads for all updates

  4. #354
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2004
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 24-03-05, 20:01

    Hello Mario, could you please post Eagles & Meat Loaf? Thanks.

  5. #355
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-03-05, 13:03

    Quote Originally Posted by Edu
    Mario, i think that if you are working on a list with all the international 500,000 plus sellers albums in Japan, that would deserve a thread of it own, separate from this one. And probably later you would add on that new thread the list with sales of all the big global sellers that didn't reached the half-million sales in Japan (like "Purple Rain"). I really think it deserve a special place in these forums
    Edu,Thanks for good advice.
    I take up the album exceeding 500,000 for the time being. I want to extend the range to 100,000 in the future.

  6. #356
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-03-05, 13:15

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil
    Hey thanks a lot Mario. Brilliant results on America, and interesting how late the Japanese got into the Mamas & Papas - I was amazed at their album sale in 1980.
    The reason whose Mamas & Papas sold well in 1980 is that California Dreamin' was effectively used to the jingle of television.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil
    I agree with Edu about starting a new thread. Keep this one for all the separate artists. I think you must be the busiest person on this forum doing all this work for us.

    It is very much appreciated, particularly as some of your posts must take ages to prepare.
    I try for everybody to make a convenient thread.
    Thanks.

  7. #357
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-03-05, 13:17

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson
    Hello Mario, could you please post Eagles & Meat Loaf? Thanks.
    I had overlooked your request! It investigates instantly and post it.

  8. #358
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 02:50

    For Basil,

    King Crimson
    Albums sales and chart positions in Japan.


    1971/06/25 In The Court Of The Crimson King # 96 , 2 weeks, 2,000 [LP]
    1972/03/25 Island # 61 , 8 weeks, 8,000 [LP]
    1973/05/25 Larks' Tongues In Aspic # 26 , 8 weeks, 17,000 [LP]
    1974/05/10 Starless And Bible Black # 38 , 7 weeks, 15,000 [LP]
    1975/05/10 U.S.A. # 52 , 4 weeks, 8,000 [LP]
    1976/05/10 The Young Person's Guide To King Crimson # 57 , 3 weeks, 5,000 [LP]
    1981/09/21 Discipline # 33 , 7 weeks, 16,000 [LP]
    1982/06/25 Beat # 75 , 2 weeks, 2,810 [LP]
    1984/04/10 Three of a Perfect Pair # 37 , 5 weeks, 10,040 [LP]
    1992/11/20 The Great Deceiver-Live # 68 , 2 weeks, 8,090 [CD]
    1994/10/21 Vroom # 32 , 3 weeks, 28,210 [CD]
    1995/03/01 Thrak # 24 , 3 weeks, 33,340 [CD]
    1995/07/21 B'Boom - official bootleg - live in argentina # 67 , 1 week, 5,760 [CD]
    1996/05/17 Thrakattak # 87 , 1 week, 3,760 [CD]
    1997/03/21 Epitaph # 42 , 2 weeks, 11,560 [CD]
    1997/10/17 The Night Watch # 61 , 2 weeks, 7,780 [CD]
    1997/11/19 Epitaph Volumes Three & Four # 67 , 1 week, 4,710 [CD]
    2000/05/03 The Construction Of Light # 31 , 3 weeks, 19,970 [CD]
    2002/08/21 Earthbound # 69 , 1 week, 4,710 [CD]
    2002/08/21 U.S.A. # 59 , 2 weeks, 8,820 [CD]
    2002/11/27 Ladies Of The Road # 135 , 2 weeks, 4,176 [CD]
    2003/01/22 The Power To Believe # 40 , 5 weeks, 12,840 [CD]
    2003/03/26 The Collectors' King Crimson Vol.7 # 214 , 1 week, 1,453 [CD]
    2004/01/28 In The Court Of The Crimson King # 173 , 1 week, 1,382 [CD]
    2004/01/28 In The Wake Of Poseidon # 297 , 1 week, 748 [CD]
    2004/01/28 Larks' Tongues In Aspic # 281 , 1 week, 799 [CD]
    2004/01/28 Red # 251 , 1 week, 889 [CD]

    Singles does not enter.

  9. #359
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 02:52

    For Basil,

    Asia
    Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.


    [Albums]
    1982/04/21 Asia # 15 , 26 weeks, 128,420 [LP] 24,860 [CT]
    1983/08/20 Alpha # 4 , 18 weeks, 155,580 [LP] 47,390 [CT]
    1985/12/05 Astra # 15 , 15 weeks, 73,440 [LP] 20,750 [CT] 10,671 [CD]
    1986/04/02 Aura # 66 , 3 weeks, 3,630 [LP]
    1990/09/25 Then & Now # 24 , 4 weeks, 22,080 [CD]
    1992/03/10 Aqua # 21 , 3 weeks, 22,650 [CD]
    1994/05/10 Aria # 20 , 4 weeks, 23,790 [CD]
    1996/02/19 Arena # 48 , 1 weeks, 7,350 [CD]

    [Singles]
    1982/04/21 Heat of the Moment # 90 , 4 weeks, 9,460
    1983/08/02 Don't Cry # 76 , 9 weeks, 24,110

  10. #360

    Join Date
    16 Dec 2003
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 07:13

    Hi Mario, could you post chart peaks and sales for Bananarama? Thanks!

  11. #361
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 13:57

    For teenwildlife,

    David Bowie
    Albums and Singles sales and chart positions in Japan.

    [Albums]
    1972/10/25 The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars # 74 , 3 weeks, 3,000 [LP]
    1973/01/25 Space Oddity # 66 , 3 weeks, 4,000 [LP]
    1973/02/25 The Man Who Sold The World # 80 , 1 week, 1,000 [LP]
    1973/05/25 Aladdin Sane # 41 , 9 weeks, 16,000 [LP]
    1975/04/25 Young American # 82 , 3 weeks, 5,000 [LP]
    1976/03/05 Station To Station # 67 , 2 weeks, 3,000 [LP]
    1977/02/25 Low # 35 , 8 weeks, 15,000 [LP]
    1977/11/05 Heroes # 57 , 2 weeks, 3,000 [LP]
    1978/10/05 Stage # 55 , 5 weeks, 8,000 [LP]
    1979/05/21 Lodger # 32 , 6 weeks, 13,000 [LP]
    1980/08/21 Scary Monsters # 35 , 10 weeks, 19,000 [LP]
    1983/04/16 Let's Dance # 6 , 34 weeks, 203,830 [LP] 91,290 [CT]
    1983/09/05 Golden Years # 50 , 11 weeks, 17,190 [LP] 2,200 [CT]
    1983/11/21 Let's Dance[Picture Disc] # 48 , 4 weeks, 7,370 [LP]
    1983/12/01 Ziggy Stardust - The Motion Picture # 63 , 2 weeks, 3,110 [LP]
    1984/09/29 Tonight # 3 , 19 weeks, 112,960 [LP] 40,130 [CT]
    1987/04/18 Never Let Me Down # 6 , 7 weeks, 22,000 [LP]
    1990/05/09 Changestwobowie # 13 , 6 weeks, 33,370 [CD] 4,240 [CT]
    1990/05/09 Space Oddity # 77 , 2 weeks, 2,740 [CD]
    1990/05/09 Hunky Dorry # 75 , 1 week, 1,800 [CD]
    1990/06/27 The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars # 64 , 3 weeks, 8,100 [CD]
    1992/06/10 Scary Monsters # 84 , 1 week, 3,890 [CD]
    1993/04/05 Black Tie White Noise # 4 , 8 weeks, 111,850 [CD]
    1995/09/23 Outside # 32 , 5 weeks, 47,330 [CD]
    1996/05/22 Outside[Special Package] # 90 , 1 week, 4,370 [CD]
    1997/02/01 Earthling # 20 , 7 weeks, 59,470 [CD]
    1999/09/29 Hours # 14 , 5 weeks, 42,680 [CD]
    2000/09/27 David Bowie Live At The Beeb: 1968-1972 # 59 , 2 weeks, 6,600 [CD]
    2002/06/05 Heathan # 26 , 3 weeks, 17,830 [CD]
    2002/10/30 Best Of Bowie # 99 , 1 week, 2,870 [CD]
    2003/07/30 Aladdin Sane- 30th Anniversary Edition # 172 , 1 week, 1,384 [CD]
    2003/09/26 Reality # 47 , 6 weeks, 16,764 [CD]
    2004/02/18 Reality[Special Edition] # 190 , 3 weeks, 3,074 [CD]
    2004/02/25 The Deram Anthology 1966-1968 # 295 , 1 week, 849 [CD]
    2004/07/14 Diamond Dogs - 30th Anniversary Edition # 241 , 1 week, 950 [CD]

    Tin Machine
    1989/06/21 Tin Machine # 27 , 5 weeks, 23,000 [CD]
    1991/09/04 Tin Machine Ii # 32 , 4 weeks, 27,050 [CD]

    [Singles]
    1972/08/25 Starman # 71 , 4 weeks, 10,000
    1973/01/25 The Jean Genie # 74 , 11 weeks, 22,000
    1983/03/25 Let's Dance # 34 , 17 weeks, 80,600
    1983/07/21 China Girl # 71 , 7 weeks, 19,130
    1983/10/21 Modern Love # 66 , 7 weeks, 20,560
    1984/09/16 Blue Jean # 62 , 9 weeks, 25,870
    1985/09/21 Dancing In The Street # 55 , 6 weeks, 17,100
    1985/09/21 Dancing In The Street # 55 , 6 weeks, 16,600
    1986/03/31 Absolute Beginners # 88 , 3 weeks, 6,540

  12. #362

    Join Date
    07 Dec 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  13. #363

    Join Date
    28 Feb 2005
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 18:52

    could someone post the Manic Street Preachers albums & singles chart positions and sales figures in Japan?

  14. #364
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 19:09

    Quote Originally Posted by Monni
    could someone post the Manic Street Preachers albums & singles chart positions and sales figures in Japan?
    I already posted.
    https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 346#421346

  15. #365

    Join Date
    28 Feb 2005
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 26-03-05, 19:18

    Quote Originally Posted by mario
    Quote Originally Posted by Monni
    could someone post the Manic Street Preachers albums & singles chart positions and sales figures in Japan?
    I already posted.
    https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 346#421346
    must've missed it... cheers for the info!

  16. #366

    Join Date
    28 Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-03-05, 13:38

    hey,
    im doing some research for a university paper comparing the chart positions in Sweden, Japan, and USA.
    I'm looking for weekly (or possibly monthly) chart positions from the 50/60's and onwards. Sweden is not a problem to find, and neither should USA. However I am having some trouble finding these lists for Japan, does anyone have any clues?
    thanks
    /Markus Forsberg

  17. #367
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-03-05, 15:01

    Quote Originally Posted by marregnocci
    hey,
    im doing some research for a university paper comparing the chart positions in Sweden, Japan, and USA.
    I'm looking for weekly (or possibly monthly) chart positions from the 50/60's and onwards. Sweden is not a problem to find, and neither should USA. However I am having some trouble finding these lists for Japan, does anyone have any clues?
    thanks
    /Markus Forsberg
    Hi Markus,
    What do you want to know concretely?

  18. #368
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2004
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-03-05, 15:14

    Quote Originally Posted by marregnocci
    I'm looking for weekly (or possibly monthly) chart positions from the 50/60's and onwards. Sweden is not a problem to find, and neither should USA.
    thanks
    /Markus Forsberg
    Hello, Markus, I'm interested in Sweden, how did you get weekly charts of Sweden from 50/60's and onwards? Thanks.

  19. #369

    Join Date
    07 Dec 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-03-05, 16:00

    I see only 12 overseas artists have reached No1 in Japan.I read somewhere there has only been one overseas No1 in Hong Kong - by David Bowie - anybody know if true?

  20. #370
    john2000's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    04 Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,710
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-03-05, 16:32

    Mario,

    do you have info concerning Yngwie Malmsteen ?
    thanks

  21. #371

    Join Date
    28 Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-03-05, 09:08

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson
    Hello, Markus, I'm interested in Sweden, how did you get weekly charts of Sweden from 50/60's and onwards? Thanks.
    From 93 and onwards you can find the list at www.hitlistan.se.
    From 75 to 93 there is a book called "Topplistan" (Premium Förlag ISBN 91-971894-2-1). You can buy it for 199 SEK (~25USD) at www.akademibokhandeln.se.
    Lists before that I haven't found out about yet.

    That is the kind of information I am looking for about Japan, how I can get hold of the Japanese Oricon lists or any other list that would be equally official (there aren't any, are there?)
    /Markus Forsberg

  22. #372
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-03-05, 11:36

    Quote Originally Posted by teenwildlife
    I see only 12 overseas artists have reached No1 in Japan.I read somewhere there has only been one overseas No1 in Hong Kong - by David Bowie - anybody know if true?
    Though regrettable, I'm not detailed about the chart of Hong Kong. I think that nelson probably knows.

  23. #373
    mario's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    20 Jan 2004
    Location
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-03-05, 11:43

    Quote Originally Posted by marregnocci
    From 93 and onwards you can find the list at www.hitlistan.se.
    From 75 to 93 there is a book called "Topplistan" (Premium Förlag ISBN 91-971894-2-1). You can buy it for 199 SEK (~25USD) at www.akademibokhandeln.se.
    Lists before that I haven't found out about yet.
    Thanks for good info.

    Quote Originally Posted by marregnocci
    That is the kind of information I am looking for about Japan, how I can get hold of the Japanese Oricon lists or any other list that would be equally official (there aren't any, are there?)
    /Markus Forsberg
    The official site of Oricon is here.
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/ranking/

    Moreover, here is Number one single list of Oricon.
    http://www.mnet.ne.jp/~hbr/JP1.htm

  24. #374
    john2000's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    04 Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,710
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-03-05, 13:05

    Quote Originally Posted by marregnocci
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson
    From 75 to 93 there is a book called "Topplistan" (Premium Förlag ISBN 91-971894-2-1). You can buy it for 199 SEK (~25USD) at www.akademibokhandeln.se.
    Lists before that I haven't found out about yet.
    Are there chart runs or just peak posiions and # of weeks

  25. #375
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2004
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 29-03-05, 13:24

    Quote Originally Posted by john2000
    Are there chart runs or just peak posiions and # of weeks
    You mean the book? It's just the peak positions & # of weeks and there's no chart run at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •