Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Emmerdale

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed May 8th, 2019, 11:31

OMG all this time I thought Chris Tate and Kim Tate where married!!!
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed May 8th, 2019, 20:08

Completely unnecessary Victoria storyline using such a serious issue as part of a sensational flashback week. It didn't bring up anything they haven't already spotlighted in earlier plotlines.
    The Rhona flashback (yes, there's a FOURTH storyline!) is so badly telegraphed that it seems like an afterthought. This flashback week could be the worst idea Emmerdale have ever had (at least since 93). People are only interested in Maya and they can't even deliver that. They just have to string out a story past breaking point. Pat Phelan Syndrome.

Legend
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Wed May 8th, 2019, 23:59

Quote Originally Posted by aaliyahman View Post
    OMG all this time I thought Chris Tate and Kim Tate where married!!!
    They were - but in real life and not in the show... until the guy who played Chris had an affair with the woman who plays Bernice
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

Legend
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu May 9th, 2019, 00:32

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post
    Completely unnecessary Victoria storyline using such a serious issue as part of a sensational flashback week. It didn't bring up anything they haven't already spotlighted in earlier plotlines.
    The Rhona flashback (yes, there's a FOURTH storyline!) is so badly telegraphed that it seems like an afterthought. This flashback week could be the worst idea Emmerdale have ever had (at least since 93). People are only interested in Maya and they can't even deliver that. They just have to string out a story past breaking point. Pat Phelan Syndrome.
    I think that’s all slightly unfair, I don’t think it’s been that bad.

The Victoria storyline is so unnecessary in that they have covered a rape storyline every few months over the last few years. A lot of the Victoria episode I thought was... almost out of character. They put a lot of things in there to make her think ‘what if’ about a 100 times and of course none of it is her fault at all, but I sort of struggle to believe no-nonsense Victoria would have agreed to go off to Leeds with a stranger in the first place, or even find it acceptable all of her friends and family had abandoned her. I find it very hard to believe a cab driver would kick anyone out on a country lane without street lighting too.

It was a lot more violent than I thought they would have shown it to be too. An interesting spin would have been for her to actually batter him one and actually fight him off - soaps rarely show that and the episode was so straight and obvious I was half expecting a twist. But on the flip side, soaps rarely show a violent rape by a stranger too - you just know he gave a fake name and number.

But what a shitty brother Robert is as well. He’s my favourite character but by god what a knob. Not only did he not check his sister was okay when they all got thrown out the club, he didn’t say goodbye, didn’t check she was all okay to get home or anything... then when she tells him she’s walking home and is almost there, he didn’t even bother to go put her kettle on for her and make sure she actually got home. He forgot the big brother rule - your little sister is always your little sister.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu May 9th, 2019, 08:58

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    They were - but in real life and not in the show... until the guy who played Chris had an affair with the woman who plays Bernice
    Hahahahaha wow!!!

The Victoria episode was awful. The scouse guy couldn’t act. Victoria wouldn’t have done most of it. It was contrived and terrible.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu May 9th, 2019, 20:35

I don’t like that happened to Victoria, and it’s one rape too many, but I don’t think Emmerdale have done a stranger rape storyline before? Victoria wouldn’t have let him in the house IMO, she wasn’t even drunk by the end.

They’ve really ruined Jacob, he was a sweet child character for years. Now he’s a moany, sulky brat with awful hair... Simon Barlow syndrome.

Legend
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu May 9th, 2019, 22:11

"Make sure you get that extra McCain advertising on the side of the bus. It's only a teacher-paedo story. Nothing serious."

Legend
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Thu May 9th, 2019, 22:28

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I don’t like that happened to Victoria, and it’s one rape too many, but I don’t think Emmerdale have done a stranger rape storyline before? Victoria wouldn’t have let him in the house IMO, she wasn’t even drunk by the end.

They’ve really ruined Jacob, he was a sweet child character for years. Now he’s a moany, sulky brat with awful hair... Simon Barlow syndrome.
    Agree about Victoria.

Tonight’s episodes annoyed me. I think teenage characters are allowed development and personality changes, but let’s remember he’s been groomed - something David was very happy to overlook tonight when he (as we all predicted) made it all about him. No wonder Leyla didn’t want to tell him.

Moira on form tonight I thought. Very surprised the guy text Victoria - I was sure it was a fake name and number he had given her, and they’d go down the route of being untraceable.

Legend
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri May 10th, 2019, 09:04

Oh now THAT is a kick in the teeth. This isn't EastEnders!

Manager
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri May 10th, 2019, 18:51

I really enjoyed this week. I think some of you are being really harsh lol
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Mon May 13th, 2019, 21:21

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Nice to have Zak and Lisa back.
    Yes, much missed. I wonder how long Zak will stay around once Lisa dies. It’d be odd for him to abandon Belle at that point so hopefully he was just on a break.