Thread: Whitney Houston - I Look To You

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue March 15th, 2005, 17:14

Quote Originally Posted by bigfra
    Quote Originally Posted by imissu_aaliyah
    Shes an R&B diva
    many artists would like to be called r&b divas,hip hop divas,rockstars or whatever,cause they hate to be called popstars,but they are popstars.
    mary j. blige is a R&b diva,whitney not...

whitney is a superstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mary is lucky if she goes platinum with each album.
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

by » Tue March 15th, 2005, 17:52

Whitney is an RnB Diva! And i cant wait to see her come back!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue March 15th, 2005, 18:57

Quote Originally Posted by imissu_aaliyah
    Shes an R&B diva
    many artists would like to be called r&b divas,hip hop divas,rockstars or whatever,cause they hate to be called popstars,but they are popstars.
    mary j. blige is a R&b diva,whitney not...
    LMAO, Okay . Not hating on MJB cuz she's a Street Diva, but Whitney not being an R&B Diva. with over 120+ Million R&B albums sold worldwide. Ummm I think she's is a Diva, an R&B 1
    WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
    All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed March 16th, 2005, 10:31

but you can't judeje an artist by the sales...
    if britney sells millions everywhere she's a great performer???
    My hot list now:
    1.monica-a dozen roses
    2.ciara-promise
    3.tamia-can't get enough
    4.letoya-torn
    5.mary j. blige-we ride (i see the future)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 16th, 2005, 11:56

Ur bugging

britney is a great POP star that's Y she sold so many records her music is on point.

Whitney is Certified Superstar R&B in sales as she is Criticly aclaimed.

how many grammy's does she have???????RIGHT
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu March 17th, 2005, 10:40

you guyz are too mainstream...
    My hot list now:
    1.monica-a dozen roses
    2.ciara-promise
    3.tamia-can't get enough
    4.letoya-torn
    5.mary j. blige-we ride (i see the future)

by » Fri March 18th, 2005, 01:39

Quote Originally Posted by deant
    Whitney is an RnB Diva! And i cant wait to see her come back!

by » Fri March 18th, 2005, 01:45

Quote Originally Posted by amsterdamned
    and her greatest hist was way bigger than mariah's.
    Mariah's "Number Ones" was her hits collection, it sold 16 million copies worldwide, plus she released a "Greatest Hits" album which was at the worst point in her career and that also sold 2.5 million. Whitney Houston's hits collections, "Greatest Hits" and "Love Whitney" sold 8.5 million copies worldwide together, Mariah's hits collections sold 18.5 million worldwide.

by » Fri March 18th, 2005, 01:46

She has 6 grammys

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri March 18th, 2005, 02:44

Quote Originally Posted by seattleboy
    She has 6 grammys
    britney does?????
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

by » Fri March 18th, 2005, 05:25

Britney has 1 grammy, I thought you meant Whitney LoL.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu April 14th, 2005, 19:14

Whitney Houston to work with Lil Jon

Lil Jon is augmenting his producing roots as well. He's creating a track for Whitney Houston's upcoming album and is also looking forward to working on Usher's next project — even though their shared radio single with Ludacris, "Lovers and Friends," never received a video (see " Lil Jon, Usher, Luda ... How 'Bout Another Video?"). Apparently, the song was tied up in label red tape.

"The record companies couldn't work out the ish," Jon quipped. "Ish happens."

Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz's next single is "Get Crunk" and features new BME artist Bohagon. The Boyz will join the straight-to-DVD business with their upcoming "Atlanta Comedy Explosion: Crunk TV" and might join the world of celebrity-inspired video games as well.

Branching out in so many different directions, there's a strong chance Lil Jon and his crunk energy may well make himself, along with everyone he knows, very famous.

This report is provided by MTV News
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Thu April 14th, 2005, 20:51

Whitney was a pop artist back in the day with her upbeat, deeply pop-rooted songs. But like Mariah, she transitioned her sound into a more R&B Sound (which is a lot better!).

I hope she does good, My Love Is Your Love is an amazing album, but Just Whitney was hopeless.
    Baaaaad relationship??
    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri April 15th, 2005, 00:37

I'm hoping john is fixing up whitney a HOT upbeat song or a nice mellow one like Lovers & Friends
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu January 4th, 2007, 13:44

Songs have already been completed for Houston's upcoming album. Houston may return to the studio in early January to record additional material. The album is rumored to include production/collaborations with Jermaine Dupri, Missy Elliott, Ne-Yo, and Lil Jon; however, executive producer Clive Davis has made it clear that this will be a Whitney Houston album, focusing on her, and less on "flavor of the moment" sounds. Recently, Akon hinted at wanting to do some recording work with Houston on her upcoming album. Some songs have already been selected and recorded for the album, which is planned for an early 2007 release. Already recorded are "When A Woman", "I'm Over You", "I Travelled The Long Road", "I See The Light", "You Changed Me", and a remake of "Too Much Too Little Too Late".

It appears the first new music from Houston to be released will be a song called "Family First" featuring Whitney, her mother Cissy, and her cousin Dionne Warwick. The song will be on the soundtrack of the movie Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls releasing January 16, 2007. [8]
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu January 4th, 2007, 13:47

"In an upcoming Ebony magazine interview with Whitney Houston, she talks about her new album and her relationship with divorced husband Bobby Brown. Whitney states that she and Clive Davis recorded many songs and one song called '"I Lost You Baby" ("I Lost You" - new title) was suppose to be on her new album, but executives felt it didn't suit it, so Whitney took it off. It turns out that Katharine McPhee picked it up. Stay tuned to the Web site for further details on Whitney's Upcoming Interview with Ebony."
    -inside whitney
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Legend
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)

by » Fri January 5th, 2007, 12:23

I would love it if Whitney came back. She ranks right up there with the best and most recognisable voices ever (Elvis, Celine, Mariah, Bono, Freddie Mercury etc)

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Fri January 5th, 2007, 12:43

Gentleman... and ladies ;)

Seems like this thread was lost somewhere so there was another active one going on all along. All that info above is stale news. Here's the updated, ongoing thread:

https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=50
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri January 5th, 2007, 13:11

Quote Originally Posted by preyan

Seems like this thread was lost somewhere so there was another active one going on all along. All that info above is stale news. Here's the updated, ongoing thread:

it wouldn't get Lost if ppl play be the rules and look b4 starting new threads
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Fri January 5th, 2007, 13:16

Quote Originally Posted by preyan

it wouldn't get Lost if ppl play be the rules and look b4 starting new threads
    Trust me, this search functionality aint the best...
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed February 7th, 2007, 04:50

Whitney Poised to Record Again

Whitney Houston will return to the recording studio to begin cutting what could become her comeback album. That's the news from Clive Davis, the recording industry honcho who has been godfathering Houston's career from the beginning -- and who has remained her friend through her travails with estranged husband Bobby Brown, her troubles with the law and drugs, etc. Lately -- since her split from Brown, to be specific -- Houston has been looking more and more her old self. Davis says, "I love that poll that said that out of all the comebacks the public would like to see -- Tom Cruise, Britney Spears and others -- Whitney's was the most looked-forward-to comeback by America. That made us very happy. As far as the status of her record? "We've chosen seven songs. We're getting incredible material in from all over the world -- the best songwriters are sending us their work," he says. Come next Saturday, February 10, "Whitney will be my date," says Clive, for his annual, ultra-glam pre-Grammy party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Davis never announces in advance who is going to perform at the event attended by Hollywood's and the music industry's biggest stars, but since he's doing an album with "Dreamgirls" Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson, and Beyonce and Jay-Z are also coming, well...could be a Dreamy night in more ways than the usual. [netscape.com]
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

by » Thu February 8th, 2007, 06:22

Whitney Houston Preparing for Comeback

Whitney Houston is getting ready for her big public debut. At least that's what sources say about the beleaguered diva's plans to re-emerge on the arm of recording industry mogul Clive Davis Saturday night at Davis' annual pre-Grammy dinner and show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. It's the hottest ticket in town.

If Houston does show — and there's every reason to believe she will — this may signal the beginning of the biggest comeback in pop history. Houston, according to sources, has been living on the beach in an unprepossessing house near her drug counselor, Warren Boyd, the same man who finally helped Courtney Love turn her life around.

Boyd must know what he's doing. Love, as I told you last week, has recorded a masterpiece of an album that she's now shopping to labels.

I'm told that Boyd watches Houston like a hawk, not letting her slip from his sight. The pair is even living in close proximity to each other -- in a pair of houses on Laguna Beach. Houston has only been back East once recently, to spend Thanksgiving at her Mendham, N.J., estate with family and close friends.

And while Whitney may bring fledgling singer Ray J with her to Davis's party as a date, the pair are just friends. Houston knows Ray J through his sister, Brandy.

Then again, Brandy herself is having so much trouble right now with her hit-and-run and a $50 million civil suit brought by the victim's parents that Houston might do well to just bring her mother instead.

Houston is not expected to sing at Davis' party, but she will be rooting on many of her friends who may also be in attendance, from Mary J. Blige to Justin Timberlake. (No guest list is available this soon. It's a Davis tradition to have as many surprises as possible.)

The singing will come next if she, Davis and Boyd feel that she's ready to take on the pressures of resuming her music career. Houston — inarguably the best voice of her generation — could be the story of 2007.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250263,00.html

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu February 8th, 2007, 08:08

NEW YORK — He's penned hits like "Irreplaceable" for Beyoncé, and now Ne-Yo is trying to give a couple of more ladies his magic touch. Besides working on his next LP, the singer is writing songs for the soon-to-be former Mrs. Kevin Federline and Mrs. Bobby Brown.

I'm about to start doing some stuff with Whitney Houston. I want to sit down and pick her brain and see where she wants to go."

This report is provided by MTV News
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu February 8th, 2007, 14:59

Preparations are already under way for music's second-biggest night, the annual Clive Davis pre-Grammy dinner. This Saturday, many of music's biggest names, including Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Dave Grohl, and Mario, will file into the Beverly Hills Hotel for the super-exclusive, ultra-swank, and always unpredictable party. It is the one event where even the stars have a hard time getting a plus-one. Needless to say, Davis and Co. don't skimp on the talent (in past years, Davis has showcased legends like Aretha and newcomers like Alicia) or the details. And this year's invitation may be the best one yet: a pre-loaded Rhapsody MP3 player containing Clive Davis's Greatest Hits from his last 30 years at Arista Records. Sure, you've probably heard Santana's ''Smooth'' and Dionne Warwick's ''That's What Friends Are For'' one too many times, but can you really ever get enough of the Thompson Twins' ''Hold Me Now'' or The Kinks' ''Come Dancing?'' As for Whitney Houston's ''I Will Always Love You,'' it's the very first track. Could she be this year's surprise performer?

Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20011016,00.html
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu February 8th, 2007, 15:25

Pop = R&B in the States

Whitney is definitely a pop diva over here. Traditional top40 radio has always played her over here.

R&B diva over here would be the likes of Angie Stone or Jill Scott or Chaka Khan (or dear, ever so over weight singers.)