Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amsterdamned
    Superstar
    • 21 Oct 2004

"In an upcoming Ebony magazine interview with Whitney Houston, she talks about her new album and her relationship with divorced husband Bobby Brown. Whitney states that she and Clive Davis recorded many songs and one song called '"I Lost You Baby" ("I Lost You" - new title) was suppose to be on her new album, but executives felt it didn't suit it, so Whitney took it off. It turns out that Katharine McPhee picked it up. Stay tuned to the Web site for further details on Whitney's Upcoming Interview with Ebony."
    -inside whitney
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• Wayne
      Site Owner
      • 07 Sep 2006

I would love it if Whitney came back. She ranks right up there with the best and most recognisable voices ever (Elvis, Celine, Mariah, Bono, Freddie Mercury etc)

Comment

• Preyoncé
        Legend
        • 14 Feb 2006

Gentleman... and ladies ;)

Seems like this thread was lost somewhere so there was another active one going on all along. All that info above is stale news. Here's the updated, ongoing thread:

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=50
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• amsterdamned
          Superstar
          • 21 Oct 2004

Originally posted by preyan

Seems like this thread was lost somewhere so there was another active one going on all along. All that info above is stale news. Here's the updated, ongoing thread:

it wouldn't get Lost if ppl play be the rules and look b4 starting new threads
          and my heart just melts
          Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• Preyoncé
            Legend
            • 14 Feb 2006

Originally posted by amsterdamned
            Originally posted by preyan

it wouldn't get Lost if ppl play be the rules and look b4 starting new threads
            Trust me, this search functionality aint the best...
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• amsterdamned
              Superstar
              • 21 Oct 2004

Whitney Poised to Record Again

Whitney Houston will return to the recording studio to begin cutting what could become her comeback album. That's the news from Clive Davis, the recording industry honcho who has been godfathering Houston's career from the beginning -- and who has remained her friend through her travails with estranged husband Bobby Brown, her troubles with the law and drugs, etc. Lately -- since her split from Brown, to be specific -- Houston has been looking more and more her old self. Davis says, "I love that poll that said that out of all the comebacks the public would like to see -- Tom Cruise, Britney Spears and others -- Whitney's was the most looked-forward-to comeback by America. That made us very happy. As far as the status of her record? "We've chosen seven songs. We're getting incredible material in from all over the world -- the best songwriters are sending us their work," he says. Come next Saturday, February 10, "Whitney will be my date," says Clive, for his annual, ultra-glam pre-Grammy party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Davis never announces in advance who is going to perform at the event attended by Hollywood's and the music industry's biggest stars, but since he's doing an album with "Dreamgirls" Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson, and Beyonce and Jay-Z are also coming, well...could be a Dreamy night in more ways than the usual. [netscape.com]
              and my heart just melts
              Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• TheVoice
                Roadie
                • 10 Jun 2006

Whitney Houston Preparing for Comeback

Whitney Houston is getting ready for her big public debut. At least that's what sources say about the beleaguered diva's plans to re-emerge on the arm of recording industry mogul Clive Davis Saturday night at Davis' annual pre-Grammy dinner and show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. It's the hottest ticket in town.

If Houston does show — and there's every reason to believe she will — this may signal the beginning of the biggest comeback in pop history. Houston, according to sources, has been living on the beach in an unprepossessing house near her drug counselor, Warren Boyd, the same man who finally helped Courtney Love turn her life around.

Boyd must know what he's doing. Love, as I told you last week, has recorded a masterpiece of an album that she's now shopping to labels.

I'm told that Boyd watches Houston like a hawk, not letting her slip from his sight. The pair is even living in close proximity to each other -- in a pair of houses on Laguna Beach. Houston has only been back East once recently, to spend Thanksgiving at her Mendham, N.J., estate with family and close friends.

And while Whitney may bring fledgling singer Ray J with her to Davis's party as a date, the pair are just friends. Houston knows Ray J through his sister, Brandy.

Then again, Brandy herself is having so much trouble right now with her hit-and-run and a $50 million civil suit brought by the victim's parents that Houston might do well to just bring her mother instead.

Houston is not expected to sing at Davis' party, but she will be rooting on many of her friends who may also be in attendance, from Mary J. Blige to Justin Timberlake. (No guest list is available this soon. It's a Davis tradition to have as many surprises as possible.)

The singing will come next if she, Davis and Boyd feel that she's ready to take on the pressures of resuming her music career. Houston — inarguably the best voice of her generation — could be the story of 2007.

Comment

• amsterdamned
                  Superstar
                  • 21 Oct 2004

NEW YORK — He's penned hits like "Irreplaceable" for Beyoncé, and now Ne-Yo is trying to give a couple of more ladies his magic touch. Besides working on his next LP, the singer is writing songs for the soon-to-be former Mrs. Kevin Federline and Mrs. Bobby Brown.

I'm about to start doing some stuff with Whitney Houston. I want to sit down and pick her brain and see where she wants to go."

This report is provided by MTV News
                  and my heart just melts
                  Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• amsterdamned
                    Superstar
                    • 21 Oct 2004

Preparations are already under way for music's second-biggest night, the annual Clive Davis pre-Grammy dinner. This Saturday, many of music's biggest names, including Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Dave Grohl, and Mario, will file into the Beverly Hills Hotel for the super-exclusive, ultra-swank, and always unpredictable party. It is the one event where even the stars have a hard time getting a plus-one. Needless to say, Davis and Co. don't skimp on the talent (in past years, Davis has showcased legends like Aretha and newcomers like Alicia) or the details. And this year's invitation may be the best one yet: a pre-loaded Rhapsody MP3 player containing Clive Davis's Greatest Hits from his last 30 years at Arista Records. Sure, you've probably heard Santana's ''Smooth'' and Dionne Warwick's ''That's What Friends Are For'' one too many times, but can you really ever get enough of the Thompson Twins' ''Hold Me Now'' or The Kinks' ''Come Dancing?'' As for Whitney Houston's ''I Will Always Love You,'' it's the very first track. Could she be this year's surprise performer?

Source: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20011016,00.html
                    and my heart just melts
                    Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• DJOhRicky
                      • 06 Dec 2005

Pop = R&B in the States

Whitney is definitely a pop diva over here. Traditional top40 radio has always played her over here.

R&B diva over here would be the likes of Angie Stone or Jill Scott or Chaka Khan (or dear, ever so over weight singers.)

Comment

• amsterdamned
                        Superstar
                        • 21 Oct 2004

Originally posted by DJOhRicky
                        Pop = R&B in the States

Whitney is definitely a pop diva over here. Traditional top40 radio has always played her over here.

R&B diva over here would be the likes of Angie Stone or Jill Scott or Chaka Khan (or dear, ever so over weight singers.)
                        explain her soul train, bet, n other RNB awards
                        and my heart just melts
                        Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• naughtynae
                          Legend
                          • 19 Aug 2006

Whitney is pop, thats where most of most recognised songs came from her biggest hits etc she's been a pop artists for most of her career, I dont see why people take that as an insult her pop ballads in the past are amazing and what mostly made her, awards dont mean all that they dont really define genre all too well in my opinion e.g Jamelia should not be nominated for r n b catergories
                          Originally posted by DJOhRicky
                          Pop = R&B in the States

explain her soul train, bet, n other RNB awards

Comment

• amsterdamned
                            Superstar
                            • 21 Oct 2004

Originally posted by naughtynae
                            Whitney is pop, thats where most of most recognised songs came from her biggest hits etc she's been a pop artists for most of her career, I dont see why people take that as an insult her pop ballads in the past are amazing and what mostly made her, awards dont mean all that they dont really define genre all too well in my opinion e.g Jamelia should not be nominated for r n b catergories
                            whitney also has the BIGGEST selling GOSPEL album of ALL time..she had GREAT rNb success

do u think whitney has been pop since waiting to exhale?

go look up the meaning of RnB and sing it back to me.

mariah is POP and no matter how many rappers she throws on dem lack of soul tracks it will not change the poppy sound.
                            and my heart just melts
                            Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• arronlei
                              Personal Assistant
                              • 28 Jul 2006

does it realy matter

Comment

• naughtynae
                                Legend
                                • 19 Aug 2006

I love you obsessed fans that always attack when people show their opinion, yeah im a fan of Mariah but i dont get upset when people critise her cause im not her lol And btw I have no problem in saying mariah does hip hop influenced pop so what. Pure r n b hardly exists anymore anyway. And what I was saying is why are you getting upset about it when Whitney's succes mainly came from her more poppier sound dont pretend it didnt happen thats where she came from as a fan you should be proud cause imo thats where the classics are

whitney also has the BIGGEST selling GOSPEL album of ALL time..she had GREAT rNb success

mariah is POP and no matter how many rappers she throws on dem lack of soul tracks it will not change the poppy sound.

Comment

• naughtynae
                                  Legend
                                  • 19 Aug 2006

I love you obsessed fans that always attack when people show their opinion, yeah im a fan of Mariah but i dont get upset when people critise her cause im not her lol And btw I have no problem in saying mariah does hip hop influenced pop so what. Pure r n b hardly exists anymore anyway. And what I was saying is why are you getting upset about it when Whitney's succes mainly came from her more poppier sound dont pretend it didnt happen thats where she came from as a fan you should be proud cause imo thats where the classics are

Comment

• TheVoice
                                    Roadie
                                    • 10 Jun 2006

Whitney is R&B/Pop. All her Pop ballada (except for maybe I Have Nothing) have an R&B influece in it. Early on, there was more Pop than R&B in her music, now its almost completely R&B ever since Waiting To Exhale, though it still has that Pop crossover appeal.

Comment

• kellyluva4eva
                                      • 30 Mar 2006

Its according to the song in my opinion, Cuz Saving all my love , and you give good love are to r&bb slow jams imo but One moment in time, didnt we have it all, I wanna dance with somebody all very pop shes a mix in my opinion. Her later stuff is more r&b tho.

Comment

• amsterdamned
                                        Superstar
                                        • 21 Oct 2004

Originally posted by kellyluva4eva
                                        Its according to the song in my opinion, Cuz Saving all my love , and you give good love are to r&bb slow jams imo but One moment in time, didnt we have it all, I wanna dance with somebody all very pop shes a mix in my opinion. Her later stuff is more r&b tho.
                                        I agree..plus we can't really compare the RnB of the 80s with the rnb we have now.
                                        and my heart just melts
                                        Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• TheVoice
                                          Roadie
                                          • 10 Jun 2006

Clive Davis was interviewed on Access Hollywood, she'll begin recording in 4 weeks.

Looks like a summer release.

Comment

Working...