Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna - Confessions On A Dancefloor

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu November 3rd, 2005, 14:27

From some of the songs that i've heard the album looks pretty good and i like the cover and album title!!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu November 3rd, 2005, 18:49

'Sorry' is just, crap. After hearing that, it really put me off the album and I may not bother now. Especially as people are saying that's one of the best tracks on there.
    Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
    There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Manager
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by Thu November 3rd, 2005, 20:10

As much as I love Hung Up I don't think the album will come to my expectations because when I got Gwens L.A.M.B. I thought the songs will be as good as the lead singles and some of the songs are kind of boring. Hung Up is infecious dance song and I love it as much as Music and Into The Groove and her other songs like Papa Don't Preach but I was never keen on her albums.
    Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri November 4th, 2005, 01:07

After hearing some tracks I mut say this is really a dance pop record. Every track is over 4.5 - 5 min long. Its nice listen to but not one of her best work today and I think a few people will be very disappointed!!!
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Mon November 7th, 2005, 22:44

Does any1 know anything about the limited edition version of the album mentioned in the release schedules as coming about a few weeks after the standard version

by Thu November 10th, 2005, 19:51

WOW! Warners plan to release 5 singles from COAD in UK!

Source: Madonnalicious.com

My pick:

Hung up
    Sorry
    Get Together
    Jump

And the last one would prob be either Push, Forbidden Love or Let It Will Be - in a remixed form. I love Let It Will Be and FL, don't like Push.
    Mummy, mummy, it's the Gods!

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by Fri November 11th, 2005, 11:34

Quote Originally Posted by Deco
    Does any1 know anything about the limited edition version of the album mentioned in the release schedules as coming about a few weeks after the standard version
    Its coming out with a bonus track, and packaged inside a large-format book pack with photos and blank pages for diary entries etc, plus fanclub membership info and extras.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by Fri November 11th, 2005, 14:06

I bought it today and im listenin to it now It's the first time I hear the songs (except for hung up) and it's a real good dance record! It makes me wanna get out of this chair and go party! Can't wait for the weekend

by Fri November 11th, 2005, 15:51

Quote Originally Posted by BanZai
    it's a real good dance record! It makes me wanna get out of this chair and go party! Can't wait for the weekend
    Well that's a good sign the record is good and it's going to do well

by Fri November 11th, 2005, 20:39

Jump will obviously be a single, as it's listed with "Hung Up" and "Sorry" on a sticker on the front.

I think the stand-out track is "Forbidden Love" and would have been my first pick for next single. The song just won't get out of my head.

Fantastic album.

by Sat November 12th, 2005, 01:53

The album was released here today and Ive had a listen. Im not sure what to make of it but I hate the way the songs all run into each other I cant distinguish them! :x
    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Sat November 12th, 2005, 02:18

MTV's The Leak has the entire Confessions on a Dancefloor album available to listen to at:

http://www.mtv.com/music/#/music/the_leak/

Based on my first listen, I was pretty impressed. I don't think it will go down as a Madonna classic, but I liked it better than her last album. My favorite tracks are "Hung Up," "Get Together," "Sorry," "Let It Will Be," and "Jump."

I think the closest comparisons to her other albums are Erotica and Ray of Light because of the album's club focus, but also because of its dark mood (no songs in major key). I was surprised that the songs sounded to me to be more '80s-inspired, than '70s-inspired as I expected, since she's been calling the sound "modern disco" and because of the ABBA sample.

I wrote a "first impressions" piece on my blog as I was listening.
    Check out my new blog! http://wwadh.blogspot.com
    It's all about UK and US pop music.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by Sat November 12th, 2005, 20:40

Well, I finally got it! After 3 months of waitig COADF is playing in my player now! It's great album, and I think it's pure dance without pop except "Hung Up"
    I'd say it's not for an ordinary listener.
    My favorites for the single are: "Get Together". "Let It Will Be", "Sorry", "How High" and "Isaac".

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by Sat November 12th, 2005, 22:21

Im listening to this album for the first time on the MTV site, Im not sure to give opinions yet, but its sounding ok for a first listen, it reminds me a bit of Paul Van Dyk, but a bit slower and with more vocals. It is pretty normal stuff for the european public, but I believe people in USA will have a shock after hearing this. Anyway, Im happy because Madonna is really courageous to release something like that, when she said COAD was going to be a dance album, I thought she meant "dance" like Britney, not "real dance music", now Im afraid we should move this topic to the Dance forum.

The end of track 2 reminds me a bit of Alice DeeJay.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by Sat November 12th, 2005, 22:26

Quote Originally Posted by joao
    when she said COAD was going to be a dance album, I thought she meant "dance" like Britney, not "real dance music", now Im afraid we should move this topic to the Dance forum.
    My thoughts too, but I'm happy she didn't do that

Superstar
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijn (ES) / Rzeszw (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

by Sun November 13th, 2005, 12:36

I've finally bought the album yesterday and I'm simply amazed!!! It's brilliant Madonna's the Queen!
    Somehow she always knows what I need and she just gives it to me every time she releases an album
    COADF will certainly be one of my favourite albums by Madonna, I Love dance music, I love modern sounds, I love oriental elements ("Isaac") and finally there are no ballads
    Viva Madonna!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun November 13th, 2005, 12:59

I think she's going to reserve the ballads for the rumoured 'Something To Remember Part II'.

Anyway I've heard the album - I didn't want to but my friend had it in the car - and although I don't like the fact that the songs merge into each other and it's a bit too dancey for my liking, it's still a solid offering.

My favourites are 'Sorry', 'Jump' and 'Isaac'; the weakest is probably 'Future Lovers'.

It should be imported by the beginning of the week after over here! :x I have to wait an extra week then!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 14th, 2005, 12:36

Bought the album last Friday and I absolutely love it! The tracks all seem to be merged into each other - no "gaps" in between, and she even speaks a line in Dutch in the intro of "Sorry" (although what she says is "Ik ben droevig", which translates as "I am sad", while the lines in the other languages she says all seem to translate as "I am sorry"... :-? ).

I just read that "Sorry" will be the next single, by the way - Some radio presenter who interviewed Madonna has revealed it on BBC 1.

Did anyone else notice that one of the tracks is "Forbidden love", but that Madonna already did another (different) track also titled "Forbidden love" years ago, on the album "Something to remember"? Maybe to make illegal downloading more confusing?
    Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks...?

by Mon November 14th, 2005, 15:10

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_78
    Bought the album last Friday and I absolutely love it! The tracks all seem to be merged into each other - no "gaps" in between, and she even speaks a line in Dutch in the intro of "Sorry" (although what she says is "Ik ben droevig", which translates as "I am sad", while the lines in the other languages she says all seem to translate as "I am sorry"... :-? ).

I just read that "Sorry" will be the next single, by the way - Some radio presenter who interviewed Madonna has revealed it on BBC 1.

Did anyone else notice that one of the tracks is "Forbidden love", but that Madonna already did another (different) track also titled "Forbidden love" years ago, on the album "Something to remember"? Maybe to make illegal downloading more confusing?
    Forbiden Love was originally on Bedtime Stories (1994), then it appeared the following year on the ballads compilation Something to Remember

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 14th, 2005, 15:15

Quote Originally Posted by Maripol
    Forbiden Love was originally on Bedtime Stories (1994), then it appeared the following year on the ballads compilation Something to Remember
    Ah, okay... The only Madonna albums I have from before "Something to remember" are "True blue", "Like a prayer" and "The immaculate collection", so I didn't that the song was originally from "Bedtime stories". So thanks for the info!

Still, it's strange for an artist to release two different songs with the exact same title... Maybe it was so long ago that she forgot about it herself?
    Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks...?

by Mon November 14th, 2005, 16:55

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_78
    Quote Originally Posted by Maripol
    Ah, okay... The only Madonna albums I have from before "Something to remember" are "True blue", "Like a prayer" and "The immaculate collection", so I didn't that the song was originally from "Bedtime stories". So thanks for the info!

Still, it's strange for an artist to release two different songs with the exact same title... Maybe it was so long ago that she forgot about it herself?
    Maybe, yes! Kylie did it as well - she's had two songs called Love At First Sight.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 14th, 2005, 18:05

Awww, I haven't heard enough of the new "Forbidden Love" to judge which version is better. I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but supposedly the newer "Forbidden Love" is like a continuation from the other one. Just a thought.

I really wanna get the album. I'm bias because I love dance music anyway, so this album is like gonna be a total eargasmic listening session. I mean even though it's got familiar stuff, it's still executed really well (despite the album being a colder, more serious dance album as opposed to being warm and carefree). Awesome job Madonna!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue November 15th, 2005, 17:29

Listening to the album now. It's a bit hard tho sitting down at the computer cos i want to move baby! lol.

It's freakin fantastic. Future Lovers and I Love New York are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. And i think Sorry is defo right for next single, cos it's more pop and is soo catchy. Love it!

by Tue November 15th, 2005, 18:23

Quote Originally Posted by jlo17
    the weakest is probably 'Future Lovers'.
    Just listening to the album now and I have to agree. That and "I love NY" seem to be the weakest upon first listen. You never know though - they might be growers.

Good album all in all. A dance record with Maddie's signature.