Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera - Back To Basics

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 03:21

"Stripped" was cool, but it tried to do so many things that it became almost overwhelming at some points. Thank God she had a powerful enough voice to keep even shitty backing tracks sound interesting. I think this new album will be of better quality.

127 BPM for her new single? That's pretty fast. That could be like a dance track right there, for real. Faster than "Loose My Breath?" Seems pretty fast for me too. I hope DJ Premier ain't this cheap-ass tacky producer that makes cheap-ass disposable beats. Can't wait for the new Christina Aguilera album! I hope it's going to be better than "Stripped."

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 11:04

Quote Originally Posted by joao

127 BPM? Is that more then Dirrty had???
    LOTS more! It's probably faster than Madonna's Hung Up, which is around 100 bmp same as Crazy In Love

From wants written in here, This album sounds incredible! I cannot wait for it!
    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 11:33

I agree with Honan Stripped was almost unbearable at times as there was just so many things going on! Im all for vareity(spell check!) and there were some amazing singles on Stripped but i just hope that xtina remains focused on what she wants to express on this new album............

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 12:11

thing is with xtia's songs, they like flow. and they keep on flowing and they dont stop flowing. like some artists songs flow, then change, flow and change etc.
    if u get what i mean
    Sweet Suzie Q, She Was A Rebel.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 12:59

Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsChange
    thing is with xtia's songs, they like flow. and they keep on flowing and they dont stop flowing. like some artists songs flow, then change, flow and change etc.
    if u get what i mean
    No, I dont.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 14:21

Thanks for all the info!

Seems like the first single is aiming for the same kind of impact as 'Dirty'. Sounds very exciting.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 15:17

Quote Originally Posted by WyRee
    Thanks for all the info!

Seems like the first single is aiming for the same kind of impact as 'Dirty'. Sounds very exciting.
    But notice the first single of Stripped "Dirrty" failed to reach aTop position in the US. Only "Beautiful" let the album rise...

Anyway I will love the album
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 16:58

I think the new album will include the duet with Andrea Bocelli, Somos Novios (It's Impossibile), cover of Perry Como's It's Impossible.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/ ... 6811&ITM=1
    Celine Dion - Most Successful Artist Of The Decade in USA

Superstar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Wed January 4th, 2006, 16:59

Quote Originally Posted by LetMeLoveU
    Quote Originally Posted by WyRee
    Thanks for all the info!

But notice the first single of Stripped "Dirrty" failed to reach aTop position in the US. Only "Beautiful" let the album rise...

Anyway I will love the album
    But Dirrty was like Hung Up (Madonna) and What You Waiting For (Gwen), it was a more dance oriented song and it was sucessful all around the world, but failed to get big airplay in USA. I´d say she rather have a # 1 hit everywhere and fail in USA then having a hit in USA and failing everywhere else. Plus, if she only make exactly the type of songs that would crack the USA charts that would be the most awful album ever.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 7th, 2006, 04:08

yes she she did a duet for Andrea Bocellis new album cause he supposely always wanted to duet w/her. Also they are performing that in February and she will also probably perform at the grammys in February w/Herbie Hancock.

The Dido track was written and might be used in the new album or was just all made up by i know she said something about admiring Dido so who knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 7th, 2006, 04:28

Stripped rocked. Hope her new album is as good. The first single seems interesting

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 7th, 2006, 11:43

Can't wait for this, its been 3 and a half years since she released Stripped. Can ya believe it? :x
    "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

by » Mon January 9th, 2006, 17:29

Very exciting news! I've been waiting for ages for her to bring her next album as I fell completely in love with Stripped. And sounds like the wait is not gonna be too long either. Yay!

by » Sat January 14th, 2006, 18:57

Is there any more news on this? I've been checking on all the chistina sites I know of and theres no official word yet

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Thu January 19th, 2006, 05:57

It feels really weird because it seems like it hasn't been that long since Christina Aguilera last released an album, but it really has been. Oh well, but hopefully she releases a bunch of really awesome new songs. I know she'll do it really good like she did the other album. Her albums never disappoint because she can carry a tune like it's no one's business.

But yeah, it still feels weird that the new album's going to come out later this year. Hopefully the first single's as good as it's hyped up to be. Better be good. I can't wait! I want the more soulful Christina Aguilera! YAY!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun March 19th, 2006, 22:13

Billboard.com

Christina Aguilera receives musical assistance from an unlikely collaborator on her upcoming album, "Back to Basics," due in June via RCA. Gang Starr principal DJ Premier produced five songs for the project, which finds Aguilera paying tribute to the music that inspired her: soul, jazz and blues from the 1920s, '30s and '40s.

"It was kind of a shock because I was like, 'How the hell does she know about me?'" Premier recalls of his first conversation with RCA about the album. "I'm one of those guys that really doesn't expect pop artists to really be up on me. My first question was, 'What does she know about me?'"

It turns out Aguilera was familiar with some of Premier's jazz-influenced work with Gang Starr in the late 1980s and early 1990s, especially the song "Jazz Thing."

"It had elements of Miles Davis and Billie Holiday and little horn pieces," Aguilera says of the tune. "The way he combined that, I was like, 'Hm. I bet he would get where I'm trying to go with this record.' It was taking a chance. God knows if he would even do it because it was kind of his first time, I think, even venturing into the 'pop' world. I knew that it would be a different and new thing for him."

Aguilera says that her work with DJ Premier is new territory for both of them and continues her legacy of taking creative chances with her music. Likely single "Ain't No Other Man," produced by DJ Premier and Charles Roane, clocks in at 127 beats per minute -- most pop and rap songs rarely exceed 10 -- -and features energetic horn blares. Another song, "Thank You (Dedication to Fans)," finds Premier slicing up pieces of Aguilera's first hit, "Genie in a Bottle," and pairing them with voice-mail messages from Aguilera's fans.

These songs gave Aguilera the sounds she desired and allowed her to fulfill another one of her mandates. "The thing that I try to do with each record, I don't necessarily go to the main people that are the No. 1 chart-toppers in music," she says. "I really like to go left field, think a little bit out of the box and go with someone, maybe a little bit more obscure, that I really respect. Not to say that Premier is that, but just to say that I'm not going to go to the obvious person, say, the Neptunes, Pharrell or Lil Jon. I really like to go someplace different that people haven't approached."
    Im excited...
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 20th, 2006, 03:27

they were doing a testing of the first single

"Aint No Other Man" on promosquad and they managed to rip it. Its real bad quality but at least we have something now. Also the album is going to be released on June 14 according to BMG Italy. Its rumored to be a double disc album. Enjoy.

http://www.dirrtyld.com/ANO.mp3

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon March 20th, 2006, 04:14

Quote Originally Posted by joao
    Why DJ Premier = Chris Martin????
    Yup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 20th, 2006, 18:25

Oh she has a pop thread too - just commented in the soul thread about this album!

Could be the best pop release this year...

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon March 20th, 2006, 20:47

I think so too. I always look forward to Christina's new material. Can't wait for this one to drop!
    Faves ATM:
    Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
    Kat deLuna - Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man)
    J. Holiday - Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue March 21st, 2006, 02:10

Hopefully Cristina's new album will come out soon, 'cause I started to miss her "dirtty" style
    Respect me and I'll respect you! Cornholio rocked till a second ago! Now he's just human!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 22nd, 2006, 13:17

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman324
    Take your time love
    I don't see a problem her taking her time; she builds up anticipation and puts her wholes self into!

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 16:05

she's going to release it this year that's 4 sure
    but im not into the old knda songs that she's going to record for this record like the song "Back 2 basics" not a good song 4 me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 19:21

Her Album "back to basics" is due to come out in july!!!! and i cant waite its been like forever!!

i herd a 20sec demo of her new single which is spose to be out at some time next month and its sounds great!!!!!
    *x*Princess SuperStar*x*