Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luckyONE
    Superstar
    • 07 Feb 2012

From the three shows of P!nk's 'Beautiful Trauma' tour that I attended, I must admit the third one was the best one!
    For the first show I queued pretty early, too less food and water throughout the day. I was first row though, it was worth it. But the show was over so quickly!
    The second show, I was sitting far away, it was good because there were some details I hadn't seen before. But sitting at a concert isn't the best choice, I'd say.
    The third show I had Front Of Stage tickets again, only arrived one hour before the show started, wasn't front row but still had a nice view.

For September I actually bought a ticket for a musical series called 'LISTEN UP!', earlier this year there were rumours that Iggy Azalea, Bebe Rexha and Ciara are headlining. So far only Iggy has been announced and ticket sales are pretty bad. So they postponed the concert to October 30, making me think they got Bebe back on board maybe, she's not supporting the Jonas Brothers in that time frame, so I really have high hopes she'll play that concert!

So my next concert is Little Mix. Going to see the girls twice, September 21 and September 22.

Comment

• NormiMalone
      Personal Assistant
      • 20 Jun 2019

Coming soon: Massive Attack at the Hollywood Palladium and Neneh Cherry at the Hollywood Bowl.
      She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• luckyONE
        Superstar
        • 07 Feb 2012

LITTLE MIX tonight! First of two shows. More than ready!

Comment

• Tansike
          Site Supporter
          • 28 Jan 2012

Originally posted by luckyONE
          LITTLE MIX tonight! First of two shows. More than ready!
          Enjoy and have fun!

Comment

• luckyONE
            Superstar
            • 07 Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tansike
            Enjoy and have fun!
            Thank you, I am so excited. Nervous at the same time.

Comment

• JeremySpears
              Legend
              • 23 Mar 2017

Just got my Ticket for Taylor Swift in Berlin next year! So excited.

Unfortunately though I can’t go to the Ariana concert this Saturday which I was looking forward to for weeks and I was fighting for months to get those tickets but now I got really sick so yeah
              https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

Comment

• beredy
                Legend
                • 09 Nov 2010

Originally posted by JeremySpears
                Unfortunately though I can’t go to the Ariana concert this Saturday which I was looking forward to for weeks and I was fighting for months to get those tickets but now I got really sick so yeah
                Sorry to hear that, but if it makes it any better you're not missing that great of a show. A very very slim 3/5 from me.

Comment

• RayRay
                  Legend
                  • 13 Nov 2011

^^ Too bad. Shame for [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION], but the show I saw in Amsterdam was actually really good. Very Madonna (in her best years). But I guess Ariana will come more often in the years to come if that's of any comfort.
                  Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• beredy
                    Legend
                    • 09 Nov 2010

Originally posted by RayRay
                    Very Madonna (in her best years)
                    If we measure very in light years maybe.

Comment

• Westen
                      Legend
                      • 11 Jun 2013

^^ Too bad. Shame for [MENTION=28072]beredy[/MENTION], but the show I saw in Amsterdam was actually really good. Very Madonna (in her best years). But I guess Ariana will come more often in the years to come if that's of any comfort.
                      Sorry, but this is such an insult for Madonna.

Comment

• RayRay
                        Legend
                        • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by Westen
                        Sorry, but this is such an insult for Madonna.
                        More a compliment, I would say. It's always an honour when someone who is very popular right now is inspired by you. Ariana obviously loves Madonna and Madonna wouldn't have worked with Ariana if she didn't like her too.
                        Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• RayRay
                          Legend
                          • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by beredy
                          If we measure very in light years maybe.
                          We do. Ariana's show is very theatrical with great choreography like The Girlie Show and Blond Ambition.

Comment

• beredy
                            Legend
                            • 09 Nov 2010

More a compliment, I would say. It's always an honour when someone who is very popular right now is inspired by you. Ariana obviously loves Madonna and Madonna wouldn't have worked with Ariana if she didn't like her too.
                            Hey, I still like tun (the album) a lot and think Sweetener singles are brilliant, but it's one thing to release good material and get respect for it (by Madonna, fans, critics, etc.) and it's something else to compare one's stage (non) presence to Madonna. Ariana is not even in the same galaxy when it comes to doing a show.

Comment

• beredy
                              Legend
                              • 09 Nov 2010

We do. Ariana's show is very theatrical with great choreography like The Girlie Show and Blond Ambition.
                              I think you saw something completely different than me. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but unlike any Madonna tour, The Sweetener Tour had a very basic concept that never went anywhere, most of the time when she's on the main stage it's all the same redish/pinkish lights and the dancers are staged very similarly throughout and the dance moves are very similar. And when they go on the runway part, every time it's the same thing. Go walk 1/3, stay put, dance a bit, go do another 1/3, stay put dance a bit - go to the mains stage.

If you took the video and put them on mute you'd have pretty hard time saying which song it was supposed to be. Some projections were nice, but most of the time they were a waste of opportunity and the ball thingies were completely underused. For what's a HUGE part of the set design to use them in the exact same way 90% of the concert is lazy, rushed and completely uninspired.

The opening of the show with the table is the same Catholic reinterpretation of the Last Supper than Madonna did many times. And she's light years ahead of what Ariana did. Even a Croatian singer Severina did the same thing and opened her tour with the exact same idea and did it 10 times better and more effective than Ariana. And she was singing God is a Woman. The intro projection is of a sun and moon like/barren planet. There was a huge opportunity for Ariana to do something similar as in giaw video, to be interactive with the planet behind her and give it life and turn it into a habitable planet. but not. the projection just stayed the same of that planet revolving and that's it. Every part of the show could've been 100x better with just slight ideas like tha, but they opted for the most lazy predictable show.

Ariana:

Madonna:

Severina (with lss than 1/100 budget than either of the first two):

Comment

• Tansike
                                Site Supporter
                                • 28 Jan 2012

Two weeks until I will see Lindsey Stirling and Ariana Grande!

Originally posted by luckyONE
                                Thank you, I am so excited. Nervous at the same time.
                                Why nervous?

And how was it?

Comment

• RayRay
                                  Legend
                                  • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by beredy

The opening of the show with the table is the same Catholic reinterpretation of the Last Supper than Madonna did many times. And she's light years ahead of what Ariana did.
                                  Yes, just like I said: very Madonna. Of course not as good as. Madonna is one of the best entertainers EVER. The only one who comes close IMO when it comes to show elements, is Kylie Minogue.

Comment

• JeremySpears
                                    Legend
                                    • 23 Mar 2017

Yes the rumors are true. I‘m gonna see JoJo in Berlin this September.
                                    https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

Comment

• luckyONE
                                      Superstar
                                      • 07 Feb 2012

James Blunt this March
                                      Glasperlenspiel this March

Lauv in October
                                      Iggy Azalea in October

and hopefully Alicia Keys in July.

Comment

• RayRay
                                        Legend
                                        • 13 Nov 2011

Wow.... Haven't been to a concert since Ariana Grande performed here (Ziggo Dome Amsterdam September 2019).

Comment

• Artoo
                                          • 01 May 2005

My last was Madonna, February 2020. It’s killing me not going to concerts, performances or theatre. I usually see something on stage once a week.
                                          I don't need no good advice, I'm already wasted​.

Comment

Working...