Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luckyONE
    Superstar
    • 07 Feb 2012

So there is this concert series to take place in Berlin and Stuttgart this September, called "Listen Up!". A few weeks ago there was a banner which said it features Bebe Rexha, Ciara and Iggy Azalea but no tickets were available. A few days later, nothing could be found about this event anymore.
    Now there are tickets available, however it only says "Iggy Azalea amongst others"... well I actually want to see Bebe Rexha live so badly, and I hope she hasn't pulled out. I just bought Golden Circle tickets for this event on September 14.

Comment

• Tansike
      Site Supporter
      • 28 Jan 2012

^ I also want to see Bebe live... I missed her and her last tour (and that was some years ago when I wasn‘t a big fan yet)... I hope she does a World Tour soon.

Comment

• Tansike
        Site Supporter
        • 28 Jan 2012

Going to see Nicki Minaj tonight. Will be interesting to see if it's really as bad as the press says.

Comment

• RayRay
          Legend
          • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tansike
          Going to see Nicki Minaj tonight. Will be interesting to see if it's really as bad as the press says.
          Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• beredy
            Legend
            • 09 Nov 2010

Well she might cancel!

Comment

• Tansike
              Site Supporter
              • 28 Jan 2012

^ She didn‘t she was also just 15 minutes late...

It was actually surprisingly good! 2/3 was pretty awesome, I‘m positively surprised

Comment

• luckyONE
                Superstar
                • 07 Feb 2012

I am going to see Little Mix twice this September as they added a second date in Stuttgart due to huge demand. For the first night, I have a seat, for the second night I bought a standing ticket. So excited to see the girls from both perspectives!

Comment

• TripTheTrackFantastic
                  • 27 Mar 2019

Fuse ODG in a local club
                  Maverick Sabre at the o2 in Shepherds Bush
                  Sophie Ellis-Bextor (including free surprise meet and greet) at Bush Hall for her Familia album launch
                  Akon and the Konvict Kartel at o2 Shepherds Bush (Shontelle was the special guest)

Had tickets to see Asgeir Trausti, Patti Smith and James Arthur but was let down and meet and greet tickets for Neyo but he cancelled the show twice so I got a refund and then he went through with it.
                  Leave the grouch out of it - just listen to music like normal people and then you might appreciate/ enjoy it

Comment

• luckyONE
                    Superstar
                    • 07 Feb 2012

attending my first concert in 2019 today, I'm going to see George Ezra!

Comment

• ectole
                      • 31 Oct 2018

Two or three years ago I was at The Lumineers concert in Prague. I love that Indee genre in their songs and it had such a spectacular atmosphere that I am looking for their concert in my hometown ever since!!!
                      Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Comment

• luckyONE
                        Superstar
                        • 07 Feb 2012

saw Phil Collins live on Wednesday and it was seriously one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Great atmosphere and hearing his songs live in a stadium was just wow.

My next concert is on Jun 12. I am going to see Bryan Adams!

Comment

• JeremySpears
                          Legend
                          • 23 Mar 2017

July 11: Christina Aguilera, Mercedes Benz Arena, Berlin
                          September 28: Ariana Grande, Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg

https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

Comment

• RayRay
                            Legend
                            • 13 Nov 2011

Tomorrow: Elton John.
                            Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• GaGarazzi
                              Superstar
                              • 25 Apr 2009

Just purchased tickets to see Vanessa Paradis in Paris in December!

Comment

• luckyONE
                                Superstar
                                • 07 Feb 2012

I am going to attend TWO concerts this week!

going to see P!NK on her beautiful trauma stadium tour (the first of three dates i am going to attend) on wednesday and XTINA on saturday, she plays a local jazz festival here!

I am so excited to see both ladies in the same city in the same week! this is what 2006 must have felt like
                                Last edited by luckyONE; Sun July 7, 2019, 18:04.

Comment

• RayRay
                                  Legend
                                  • 13 Nov 2011

Update of the concerts I've been to:

A-ha (Doelen R'dam 1986; my very first concert)

Alison Moyet (Amsterdam Paradiso 2013)

Barbra Streisand
                                  (Ziggo Dome Amsterdam 2013)

Björn Again
                                  (Den Bosch)

Céline Dion (The Hague May 1995; Ahoy December 1995; Ahoy October 1996; Amsterdam Arena June 1997; Amsterdam Arena June 1999; Sportpaleis Antwerp May 2008; Antwerp November 2013; Arnhem June 2017)

Cher
                                  (Ahoy 2004)

Diana Ross (Ahoy 2007; Symphonica in Rosso 2009)

Edsilia Rombley
                                  (Amsterdam Ziggo Club 2013)

Elton John (Ziggo Dome Amsterdam June 2019)

En Vogue (Tivoli Vredenburg Utrecht February 2016)

Glennis Grace
                                  (Whitney Tribute Amsterdam AFAS October 2018)

Janet Jackson (Rotterdam Ahoy March 1995)

Kylie Minogue (Ahoy Rotterdam 2002; Antwerp 2008; Amsterdam HMH 2011; Amsterdam AFAS November 2018)

Lady Gaga (Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2012)

Lara Fabian (Brussels 2010; Brussels 2013; Forest National Brussels 2016; AFAS Amsterdam May 2018)

Laura Fygi
                                  (Delft 2000 and Tiel 2008)

Liesbeth List (2007; 2008; Amsterdam Carré 2009; Amsterdam Carré 2012)

Lionel Richie (Symphonica in Rosso 2008)

Liza Minnelli (Scheveningen 2006)

Lucie Silvas (Melkweg Amsterdam November 2017)

Madonna (Rotterdam De Kuip 1987; Rotterdam De Kuip 1990; Paris 2001; Arnhem Gelredome 2004; Amsterdam Arena 2006; Amsterdam Arena 2008; Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2012; Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2015)

Mariah Carey (Ahoy Rotterdam and Paris 1996; Antwerp and London 2000; Ahoy Rotterdam 2003; Luxembourg 2016; Ziggo Dome Amsterdam December 2018; Ziggo Dome Amsterdam June 2019)

Matt Dusk (Den Bosch 2007 and Arnhem 2016)

Michael Bublé (Düsseldorf 2005; Antwerp 2007; Rotterdam Ahoy 2012)

Michael Jackson (Rotterdam De Kuip 1992; Amsterdam Arena 1996)

MN8 (Rotterdam Ahoy March 1995 as support act of Janet Jackson)

Mylène Farmer (Brussels 2009)

Paloma Faith
                                  (2x February 2015)

Pet Shop Boys
                                  (The Hague 1999; Utrecht 2014)

Rita Reys (De Doelen Rotterdam)

Sarah Brightman (Amsterdam 2004)

Shirley Bassey (Ahoy)

The Corrs (Ahoy December 1995 as support act for Celine Dion)

Tina Arena
                                  (Musical "Notre Dame de Paris" in London 2000; Brussels 2009)

Toni Braxton (Ahoy in 1996) (with her sisters as support act)

Trey Lorenz (Amsterdam January 1993: six songs at Virgin Mega Store)

Trijntje Oosterhuis (as part of Total Touch opening for Michael Jackson in 1996; solo in Nijmegen 2006; solo in Amsterdam in 2008 )

Wende Snijders (The Hague 2008 )

Whitney Houston (Rotterdam Ahoy 1988)

Wouter Hamel
                                  (Doornroosje Nijmegen 2008)

Musicals:

3 Musketiers (NL)
                                  Aan het einde van de regenboog (starring Simone Kleinsma and Paul de Leeuw 2007 NL)
                                  Aïda (NL)
                                  Beauty and the Beast (UK)
                                  Billie Holiday (starring Ruth Jacott: 2008)
                                  Cats (NL)
                                  Chicago (NL)
                                  Dreamgirls (2014 Nijmegen NL)
                                  Evita (2008 NL)
                                  Fiddler on the Roof (NL)
                                  Garland & Minnelli (2013 NL)
                                  Grease (1994 UK) (2007 NL)
                                  Hair (2007 NL)
                                  Jekyl & Hyde (NL)
                                  Jersey Boys (2013 Utrecht NL)
                                  Jesus Christ Superstar (NL)
                                  Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (2009 NL)
                                  Les Misérables (2008 NL)
                                  Mamma Mia! (UK twice) (2010 NL)
                                  Phantom of the Opera (NL)
                                  Piaf (2008 NL)
                                  Ramses (2012 NL)
                                  Sunset Boulevard (UK) (2009 NL)
                                  Tarzan (2008 NL)
                                  The Wiz (2007 NL)
                                  Whistle Down the Wind (UK)

Coming up:
                                  Ariana Grande (Ziggo Dome Amsterdam September 2019)

Comment

• luckyONE
                                    Superstar
                                    • 07 Feb 2012

Today's the day! Going to queue pretty early, would love to be near to the front. I am ready for P!NK

Comment

• RayRay
                                      Legend
                                      • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by luckyONE
                                      Today's the day! Going to queue pretty early, would love to be near to the front. I am ready for P!NK
                                      Enjoy!

She seems to be really good live.

Comment

• luckyONE
                                        Superstar
                                        • 07 Feb 2012

Beautiful Trauma Tour second round for me tomorrow Watching it from the seat area this time around, though. I'll just arrive about an hour before she comes on stage. The opening acts aren't that great this time around.

Comment

• NormiMalone
                                          Personal Assistant
                                          • 20 Jun 2019

Among the notable shows:

Lizzo, I Love You Too Tour: Amazing show, just this past Thursday! If you can catch her show, do it; she has quite an infectious energy and her voice was spectacular. She often took a few moments to look into the capacity crowd with awe as though trying to look at each individual face to confirm that she did indeed sell this thing out. "Y'all got me shook!," she exclaimed. Same, Lizzo, same.

Tuxedo, 2nd Time Around Tour: Mayer Hawthorne and Jake One's funk-pop outfit is a delightful experience live. Their style is always dazzling, the band is tight and Hawthorne's got suave charisma and on-point vocals. I had a moment with their backing singer, LA-based disco-soul siren Gavin Turek---whose presence was a pleasant surprise, as I am fan from her work with TOKiMONSTA---during her and Hawthorne's cover of "I Want to Thank You" (she pointed right at me and smiled, I pointed back and smiled) was a special highlight for me, and set me up nicely to check out Turek herself on her own tour a few months later.

Gavin Turek, Good Look for You Tour: She was dynomite! With strong live vocals, amazing dance moves, catchy pop-disco tunes, and a sleek, flashy style Turek is positively divalicious. Post-show, she is as sweet as can be. She'll stick around the merch table, take pictures, sign autographs and give hugs (Happy to report receiving the first hug of the night!) And the only thing better than a diva is one who gives good hugs.

TOKiMONSTA, The Lune Rouge Experience: Perhaps the best electronic show I've been to as yet! She split her set in two, with the first half was more chill and showcased her Lune Rouge album, spiked with a few older faves like "Darkest (Dim)" and "Gamble". Act 2 was a nonstop rush of house, future beats, trap and other blood-bumping styles---I've never dance harder! Through it all, she smiled, she danced, she covered her face bashfully before dropping the dirrrrtiest of dirty bass drops. I emerged from that show soaking wet, baptized in TOKiMONSTA's good vibes; a rollicking, life-affirming show!

Disclosure, Caracal Tour: Very good show, mesmeric lighting effects, kinetic dance beats, solid live vocals from Howard Lawrence. The only thing that would have put it over the top would have been a guest spot from Jillian Hervey on "Hourglass" but it's all good. Brendan Reilly's "Moving Mountains" was absolutely spine-tingling

Madonna, Rebel Heart Tour: Wasn't gonna go, I was so over her. But it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see a legend and one who had previously been a fave for so long. So I went... and had a wonderful time. She was warm and funny, seemed genuinely happy to be there. It allowed me to love her again.

Janet Jackson, Velvet Rope and State of the World Tours: I got my freaking life at the Velvet Rope tour! Lost my voice for three whole days due to the amount that I screamed. It was my first big pop diva show, Usher opened and had a solid set as well. SOTW tour brought another milestone: first time on the floor! Will catch her a third time if the opportunity presents itself.

Caribou, Our Love Tour: Dan Snaith brought the beats, fleshed out with a full band. He had a shy, retiring demeanor and seemed humbled by the crowd's ecstatic reception of him. His voice got drowned out by the bass and electronic textures on occasion, but was he was very a spirited presence. Would check him out again.

Lady Gaga, ArtRave: The ARTPOP Ball Tour: I hadn't been to a big pop diva show in about 16 years at that point and was really missing that energy. Gaga brought it and then some! It was her stop in Seattle, which was both rescheduled from an earlier show and the last stop on the North American leg, so her and her crew were especially amped. Perhaps my best concert outfit

Flying Lotus, You're Dead Tour: Thundercat opened and set the tone wonderfully. FlyLo's set found the crowd so mesmerized by the visuals, that most could barely bob their heads to the beats. Until the very last song, "Never Catch Me" when all hell broke loose...I have no idea how or why the moshing started, but it was like the energy people had been holding onto all night burst forth. A surreal experience.

Blood Orange, Negro Swan Tour: A taught 90-minute set that took me through a range of sounds and emotions. Dev Hynes connected quite intimately with the crowd and was in fine voice throughout. Wonderful!
                                          She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

Working...