by Wed April 5th, 2006, 00:40

19.07.2006 Gdynia (Poland) - Robert Miles

DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Wed April 5th, 2006, 11:21

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa_Harvey
    krzxxx-Whereabouts in Scotland u from u have been 2 the same concerts as me lol!
    aberdeen lol!
    Tell Your Wasted Time....

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by Wed April 5th, 2006, 16:07

12.10.2003 Christina Aguilera in Antwerp, Belgium
    04.02.2005 Anastacia in Antwerp, Belgium
    08.07.2005 Anastacia in Arnhem, The Netherlands

As you can see, I don't visit many concerts, but those ones I did visit, were great! Christina Aguilera has a very powerful voice, even live and so has Anastacia .. Now, I consider to go to Ricky Martin in Brussels in May, but I don't think it'll be that good .. And tickets are quite expensive, 33 each :-? Although, P!nk is also coming in October, and I think that would be great!

by Thu April 20th, 2006, 18:39

I'm gonna see one of my favourite bands ever on 7th June (for the first time suprisingly) - The Beautiful South

by Thu April 20th, 2006, 18:49

Look forward to Terri Walker in the Jazz Cafe on saturday

M

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri April 21st, 2006, 15:28

Not been to all that many concerts recently at all, who I have been to see have all been pop acts. Just got tickets this morning though to go & see Pink in November - can't wait!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri April 21st, 2006, 17:21

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly281
    Not been to all that many concerts recently at all, who I have been to see have all been pop acts. Just got tickets this morning though to go & see Pink in November - can't wait!!
    Woo, got mine for October on wednesday

not been to many concerts me...
    Smash Hits Poll Winners Party - 1998
    Spice Girls - 1999 Earls Court
    Liberty X - 2003 Cambridge Corn Exchange
    Britney Spears - 2004 Wembly

by Sat April 22nd, 2006, 15:43

Quote Originally Posted by pepster
    My next concert would have to be Madonna. she's openning her tour here in LA in May. I'm hoping I'll be able to get some tickets.
    And FINALLY I got my tickets to see her

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by Sun April 23rd, 2006, 11:58

Here are some pics I've amde at the Maria Mena gig last Friday!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sat April 29th, 2006, 22:09

Righty, more more more:

May 7th - The Upper Room
    May 25th - The Cribs
    May 30th - Fall Out Boy
    June 9th - Futureheads
    June 18th - T4 On The Beack
    June 24th - Embrace
    Sept 19th - McFLY
    this town was meant for passing through but it ain't nothing new

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by Mon May 8th, 2006, 16:12

30th June, Rock Werchter; Sean Paul, Kanye West, Skin, Tiga

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon May 8th, 2006, 21:06

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic
    Tiga
    What is he doing there?

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by Mon May 8th, 2006, 21:12

Exactly what I was wondering But I think Rock Werchter is no longer a rock festival .. I mean, Sean Paul and Kanye West are obviously R&B

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon May 8th, 2006, 21:21

If you really see Tiga, you better enjoy him.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon May 8th, 2006, 21:27

I'm going out to see a local band on Friday, then again (same band) next Tuesday... and then between Thursday and Saturday, if all goes to plan I should be seeing:

3hostwomexicansandatinofspanners
    The Like
    The Fratellis
    Martha Wainwright
    Metric
    The Electric Soft Parade/Good Shoes/The Pipettes/The Cooper Temple Clause (can't decide)
    Kid Carpet
    The Futureheads
    The Academy Is

...and probably a bunch more random things.
    This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by Mon May 8th, 2006, 21:32

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    If you really see Tiga, you better enjoy him.
    Don't worry, I will

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by Fri May 12th, 2006, 13:10

There's a free festival here in Den Haag, Holland on June 25.

Line-up:

The Infadels
    The Kooks
    Kelis
    Melanie C
    The Sheer
    Babylon Circus
    Kaizers Orchestra

Can't wait to see Kelis

by Fri May 12th, 2006, 20:09

Quote Originally Posted by BanZai

Line-up:

Kelis

Can't wait to see Kelis
    Banzai, what festival is that? Ik woon in den Haag!

Ik heb al mijn kaartje voor haar optreding in de Melkweg te Amsterdam gekocht.

I've seen her twice before, in HQ and the Olympia in Dublin. She rocks! Except the sound in the Olympia was very, very bad.

Legend
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

by Fri May 12th, 2006, 23:52

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy28
    Quote Originally Posted by BanZai

Line-up:

Kelis

Can't wait to see Kelis
    Banzai, what festival is that? Ik woon in den Haag!

Ik heb al mijn kaartje voor haar optreding in de Melkweg te Amsterdam gekocht.

I've seen her twice before, in HQ and the Olympia in Dublin. She rocks! Except the sound in the Olympia was very, very bad.
    I was talking about Parkpop

Yeah I know her concert is on June 27! I might go as well

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sat May 13th, 2006, 06:15

I might be able to catch the latest jazz sensation Mishka Adams next month. But her concert is not confirmed yet.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by Sun June 11th, 2006, 15:24

Some of you have heard me bang on about this already, but just so this reaches a wider audience, I'm gonna talk about seeing reformed-for-a-special-occasion (22 years after their last concert) 70's/80's NZ band Split Enz on Friday night.

Supporting them were fellow Kiwis (that we like to claim as our own) Evermore, who did a good enough job of warming us up for the main act. Considering I don't fancy their tunes all that much, they're actually pretty good live and didn't sound bad at all.

Split Enz were of course awesome and performing to a sell out crowd, some of whom felt it was appropriate to be getting up out of their seats often to get drinks (which was annoying). They had their most famous lineup on stage, which was good and despite the fact that they went through more lineup changes than I do underwear, it was good to see a band reforming and actually getting along marvellously. They had the crowd going from the first song (and new fave of mine Shark Attack) right to the end with History Never Repeats. I thought that this would be my only chance to see musical gods Tim & Neil Finn doing something together live, hence the reason why I went (+ I've recently got into the Enz music). I did get a little bit bored with the ballads in the middle, but I got up out of my seat for I See Red, I Got You and a few others that were towards the end of the concert (by then others were standing up in my section and I didn't give a rats). I also discovered that I liked some of their tunes live and am now listening to them more. The Enz are definitely one of those bands that sound just as excellent (if not better) live than they do on CD (and no wonder, when you've been in the music industry for over 30 years like some of them have!)...

I can't remember a whole lot about the gig cos I was truly living in the moment (setlist wise I remember the first 2 songs and the last few songs), but I might remember something since it looks like they were shooting some footage at the gig for a DVD (will be getting that one when it comes out on sale). I wasn't the youngest member of the crowd surprisingly, I thought going to a concert like that I'd be looking like a nerd (and I don't really care if anybody thought that cos they have done a heck of a lot of good tunes), but there were some other ppl younger than me there. I just wished the crowd would sing along more, I've found that Sydney audiences are quite reserved at gigs...I feel like I'm the only one enjoying myself sometimes

I'll give a write up too on the Coldplay gig I'm going to in 16 days as well...on top of that, I'm considering seeing Rogue Traders live in September as well.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Sun June 11th, 2006, 19:30

Gomez - Sheffield Town Hall '02
    Very good chilled out gig from the ecelectic indie based band, similar performance to The Zutons...

Machinehead - Manchester '02
    Metalheads with a fab atmosphere, accidently ended up in moshpit with my baseball cap knocking people in the face...

Oasis, Richard Ashcroft, ElectricSoftParade - Manchester LCC '02
    I actually think ElectricSoftParade were the highlight for me, outperfroming Oasis with ease, Dicky wasn't too bad but Oasis were nothing special at all.

The Pixies, Stereophonics, Goldfrapp, Tim Booth - Manchester LCC '04
    Although Stereophonics were headlining i was more looking forward to The Pixies and they didn't disappoint, a top performance by The US band. Stereophonics exceeded expectations as i thought their material post Performance and Cocktail is mediocre at best, but a solid live performance although half the ground was empty as most people came to see the Pixies, however Goldfrapp nearly stole the show for me, especially with Alison Goldfrapp girating over the equaliser. Tim Booth was blatantly on pills.

Chemical Brothers, Scissor Sisters - Creamfields '04
    Quite a poor mainstage performance by the Chem. Brothers and Scissor Sisters even though the hype says these two are fab live, i think the Chems would be better inside a tent rather than outdoor...

The Streets - Manchester Apollo '06
    I could never imagine how they would sound live so i decided to give them a chance and boy were they brilliant. Mike Skinner is a great entertainer getting the crowd going and Leo the Lion could have a very good Simonesque pop career if he wanted, especially with his rendition of Pussycat Dolls: 'Dontcha wish your boyfriend licked your p*s*y like me' and 'Bet you look good on the dancefloor'...

The Zutons - Preston Guildhall '06
    By far the best band i've seen live and want to see them again and probably will at Creamfields '06. They had everyone with smiles on their faces, got the crowd going and performed very well. Oh and Abi Harding is like phowaar...

Travis - Outside Virgin Megastore Sheffield '05
    Not strictly a concert since they were BUSKING outside Virgin Sheffield prior to a gig at the Leadmill for which i couldn't get tickets for, I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. They were actually appeasing, lovely, sound!

I can't remember any others but i've seen a host of Dj's including Deepdish, Seb Fontaine, ScratchPerverts, DJ Shadow, Lisa Lashes, too many to name...

One band i would love to see but they won't reform are The Stone Roses, my favourite band i guess but I'm waiting on Ian Browns next tour.
    Lets Push Things Forward!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon June 12th, 2006, 12:15

I'm going to see the Black Eyed Peas & The Pussycat Dolls in Glasgow tonight!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon June 12th, 2006, 12:19

I'm gonna see this summer:
    Robbie Williams (4x)
    Rolling Stones (1x)
    Madonna (2x)

I work at the Amsterdam Arena

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon June 12th, 2006, 12:25

Quote Originally Posted by StevieFM
    I'm going to see the Black Eyed Peas & The Pussycat Dolls in Glasgow tonight!
    aww i wanted to go and see that!!! :(

ive seen balck eyed peas and they are amazing!! totally blown away by them. and PCD seem great live it will be a really good show!..fill us in about the concert after uve been!
    Tell Your Wasted Time....