User Tag List

Thread: BRANDY -Sci-Fi Video Game Queen, Sitcoms, Broadway and Music

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-01-06, 22:28

Since parting ways with former label (Atlantic) and managment team (Handprint), the RnB and TV Queen has been seen as a fallen chanteuse...

But major movements seem to be on the cards for Brandy Norwood. She joins CZAR Entertainment (The Game, Mario Winnans) to be managed to success.

She is now well into recording her Fifth Studio Album, with confirmed producers, Rich Harrison, Bryce Wilson, Mario Winnans, Kanye West, Rodney Jerkins, Warryn Cambell, Timbaland and the hugely successful Pharrel Williams.

Brandy has also plotted her way to the small screen, heading a sitcom for the soon to be merged stations, WB/UPN. Working with Touchstone and 'Girlfirends' writer/producer, playing a die hard New Yorker adapting to life in LA, confornting her personl and proffessional life. This is in additon to appearences on 'One on One' and 'Girlfriends'.

With Broadway also being discussed, the singer is working on a joint album with brother and RnB Star, Ray J, set to be released in early 07.

Leaving no stone unturned the singer/actress is also trying her hand at the world of Video Gaming. The third of her enterpunerial ventures, alongside the hugley successful Ultima-Zury Hair Line and an impeding 'Rayana Jewlerry' line.

REUTERS

Singer Brandy playing games with video firm

By John Gaudiosi

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Brandy Norwood, the actress and musician is extending her talents into the video game world.

She will provide her voice and likeness, and help develop the story line for a sci-fi/action game that will ship in the first quarter of 2007.

The game comes from Matty/Markus Games, a Los Angeles-based firm founded by director Matty Rich ("Straight Out of Brooklyn") and video game veteran Frederic Markus ("Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure.")

Brandy, who has sold more than 24 million albums worldwide, also will develop an original soundtrack for the as-yet-untitled game. Besides hearing this exclusive music in the new game, the release schedule calls for the CD of the soundtrack to go on sale right before the video game ships.

"An original soundtrack from artists that we build games around will be part of our release model at Matty/Markus Games," said Rich, who is working with rapper The Game on an original Mature-rated lowrider street-racing PSP game for release in the fall. A video game soundtrack will be released before that title's release as well.

"Brandy will play a strong female character who is put into a situation that she must react to -- one which has the fate of the world hinging on it," said Rich, who added that he wants to incorporate Brandy's personality, emotions and music into the game.

"She'll play a very dynamic character," Rich said. "The success of games like 'Tomb Raider' has shown that there's a need for strong female characters."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-01-06, 22:34

.............somebody is plotting a ComeBack!

She has signed to Sony, the specific branch is yet unknown.

She is doing her album compilation through her part owned label KnockOut

She has signed to Czar, who seem to be doing the damn thing

She is working on possibly 3 albums for the next 2 years

And shes doing endorsments, broadway and sitcoms!

Im hoping for a huge comeback, lord knows she deserves it!

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-01-06, 23:38

All leading to major over-exposure! How can she have 3 albums out in two years when she's just released her GH?

I'm happy she's coming back, but she's spread so thin over so many projects. I hope the quality of the end products doesn't suffer...
    You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-01-06, 23:47

I love Brandy, but you are single-handedly over-exposing her on here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-01-06, 23:48

Sounds exciting, especially her next album & the new sitcom thats in the works. It will be interesting seeing Brandy gueststar on Girlfriends! I really hope this album puts Brandy back on the map. Her last two albums were greatly slept on!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-01-06, 23:51

i think some of the stuff is over hyped, she wont be over expoused

the video game - might be a rumour only 1 source
    the album with ray j - most probably a lie, as she usually takes 3-4 years to do her own set let alone more than one, her guest appearences will come and go within the next month and just please her fans. Her new cd will most probably be out end of this year or early 07 as afrodisiac was hyped up for late summer then xmas 2003 and didnt actually arrive until June 2004. her sitcom sounds a long way off, theres been so many rumours about her sighning different deals i wudent belive it until it comes from her mouth.
    as for her jewlz she should focus on music and her tv show first, and getting a hit single

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-01-06, 10:56

The video game has actually been confirmed, its shipping early 07. And it definately going ahead, aswell as The Game 's one.. hes doing one too...

the managers of Czar Entertainment are going to supplying most of the music for the soundtrack.. and its going to have many other artist featuring on it too!...

Brandys album is def dropping end of 06..

as for the Ray J Brandy collab.. its going to be, according to him (on UPN he said so) a collection of re-makes ect... that will be what gets pushed back most likely!

im so excited, she is really doing alot.. and it wont be over exposure really, coz its all in like dfffernt fields.. so it'll mull over!

PLUS she hasnt had any in a while so, if its over exposure then over exposure it is! wohoo!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-01-06, 10:59

Quote Originally Posted by child_destinys
    All leading to major over-exposure! How can she have 3 albums out in two years when she's just released her GH?

I'm happy she's coming back, but she's spread so thin over so many projects. I hope the quality of the end products doesn't suffer...
    Oh i agree for sure bout the quality... but from what we'v heard from KO and NorwoodNorwood, shes close to rapping up the album.. having worked on it for a while now... and she never makes weak albums so i dont think it will lack!

and the GH wasnt really her idea, or backed by her was it.. it was Atlantic tryna get as much more as they cud outta her.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-01-06, 11:01

i
    Quote Originally Posted by SholasBoy
    I love Brandy, but you are single-handedly over-exposing her on here

...and but i had to post this, i was SO excited when i read it!

So happy shes working with Pharell Williams, hes a crazy producer!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-01-06, 11:02

Wow! She's got alot on her plate.
    I'm still upset that 'I Tried' was never released from Afrodisiac. :( Where You Wanna Be (feat. T.I) was hot too!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-01-06, 16:02

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotikwater
    Wow! She's got alot on her plate.
    I'm still upset that 'I Tried' was never released from Afrodisiac. :( Where You Wanna Be (feat. T.I) was hot too!
    Alas to great songs...and one DEFINATE HUGE hit gone to waste... thats Atlantic for ya, hardly ANY of ther artists are selling no more!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 29-01-06, 23:40

Brandy on the Game

Brandy has been confirmed to be working with The Game, who is under the same managment as the RnB/Pop Princess, Czar Entertainment

and is set to do some studio work with old time collaborator Mike City (Full Moon)

Im so hyped i cant help it!!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-01-06, 07:16

uggggh zuzu stop it! lol stop saying the same thing with different words, we know we know! ur gonna make people hate her

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-01-06, 11:44

Quote Originally Posted by cortez
    uggggh zuzu stop it! lol stop saying the same thing with different words, we know we know! ur gonna make people hate her

i cant helppppppppppp it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(plays Im So Excited)

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-01-06, 20:56

Is 50 Cent gonna have beef with Brandy now since she was in the G Unit video and now's working with Game?

I wonder when he'll record the diss track....
    You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-01-06, 21:06

Quote Originally Posted by child_destinys
    Is 50 Cent gonna have beef with Brandy now since she was in the G Unit video and now's working with Game?

I wonder when he'll record the diss track....

WELL thats what i thought... but he was on American Radio.. n was asked by the guy why MASE dissed out B.. n 50 was like erm umm n got all embarrased!

Hes cool with B..and asked her to be G Units first lady first off... when they were working together!

So i dont think so... if he does..imma start some drama with 50 n he better watch out!

lmao!