Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri March 3rd, 2006, 00:45

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimo
    Nah, I don't think so. "Laundry Service" did great everywhere, she's just trying a new sound. Besides, I still think there's traces of her Latin Pop roots on the album.
    I just think it's a bit suspicious she's re-releasing the album with this on it, especially as the album hasn't sold as well as expected in the US so far.

But hey, I like the song and I like her, so good luck to her.
    Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
    There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri March 3rd, 2006, 20:53

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    Nah, I don't think so. "Laundry Service" did great everywhere, she's just trying a new sound. Besides, I still think there's traces of her Latin Pop roots on the album.
    I just think it's a bit suspicious she's re-releasing the album with this on it, especially as the album hasn't sold as well as expected in the US so far.

But hey, I like the song and I like her, so good luck to her.
    So does Shakira make the decisions on Sony now??wow when?????I thought record labels are the ones one contract singers and tell them what to do.

It's like, me telling my mom what to do and what not to do
    ~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat March 4th, 2006, 00:53

Shakira apparently has full control over everything she does, which explains the strangeness of her lyrics, artwork, videos etc.

More power to her.
    The alternative to the real world.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat March 4th, 2006, 01:33

Josh, you just summed up what I was going to reply with to hello.

hello, are you suggesting that Shakira has absolutely no control over what happens to her career and what she wants to release? I don't think so somehow...
    Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
    There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat March 4th, 2006, 03:10

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    Josh, you just summed up what I was going to reply with to hello.

hello, are you suggesting that Shakira has absolutely no control over what happens to her career and what she wants to release? I don't think so somehow...
    No she doesn't, compare nowadays Shakira with the old SHakira when she had her hair black. She was a rebel now shes a hoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun March 5th, 2006, 20:33

You are saying that a woman can't change with the years? just look at Avril Lavigne for example, a rebel, right? well now she is a woman, being sexy and looking pretty. EVERYBODY changes...and Shakira did change as a human being, she makes her own decision, she co-directed the HDL video in other words(went to London to finish the video(Hips don't lie) with Sophie...she has full control and she has shown it....check the DVD Life and off the record, she has full control, love her or hate her but don't deny this.
    [/quote]

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun March 5th, 2006, 21:20

Quote Originally Posted by San
    No she doesn't, compare nowadays Shakira with the old SHakira when she had her hair black. She was a rebel now shes a hoe.
    A whore? What the hell are you on? :-?

As far as I'm concerned, she's been a sexual women right from the get go. Look at all of her older performances where she's oiled up and doing all of those belly dances.
    The alternative to the real world.

Legend
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

by » Mon March 6th, 2006, 16:40

Watch the video for Hips Don't Lie here!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 6th, 2006, 20:11

The video is good but I expected something better, thanks for the link!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Mon March 6th, 2006, 21:48

I really like the song, and the video is cool.
    Still i'm a bit unsatisfied with the mix. This song would have got 5 stars from me, but it sounds like she recorded her vocal parts with the computer. Still i think it will do well.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 6th, 2006, 22:21

video is great - i really like it - one of the best videos i've seen lately

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Tue March 7th, 2006, 00:40

As far as I'm concerned, she's been a sexual women right from the get go. Look at all of her older performances where she's oiled up and doing all of those belly dances.
    Man, Shakira existed WAAAAAAAAAAY before her english cds, thats what I am saying compare the Shakira that was a rockstar to the new Shakira which dances along reggaeton beats, nothing wrong with that I love it, but she has turned into some girl that sings and dances provocatly with the beats, I mean Hips Dont Lie is not deep and innovative, like some of her songs in Fijacion Oral 1, La Tortura was an innovation, but most people thought it was a first and was gonna be the last, the thing worked for her and now all she is gonna do is sing reggaeton and dance sexy to it??

Before she wouldn't even wear tight pants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue March 7th, 2006, 04:18

actually I know what you mean, I also used to love that rock star Shakira the one that we all loved with Donde estan los ladrones...but I accepted that she grew up not only as a person but as an artist, you can't expect someone who likes to combines all type of music to stay in one genre forever, she said it herself she is a cocktail, she mix everything she can find, plus the girl is a woman right now, she is more sexual and isn't as shy as before, still shy though.

and what? tight pants? dud tight pants has been her trademark forever...check Unplugged for example

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu March 9th, 2006, 22:48

The video is almost as good as the no video
    Sweet Suzie Q, She Was A Rebel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun March 12th, 2006, 06:47

Quote Originally Posted by easelena
    I really like the song, and the video is cool.
    Still i'm a bit unsatisfied with the mix. This song would have got 5 stars from me, but it sounds like she recorded her vocal parts with the computer. Still i think it will do well.
    I know exactly what you mean.. it's why I can't really get into the song.. it's like the vocals aren't mixed in with the song well.. or you can tell she just recorded her vocals over it.
    -anthony

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sun March 12th, 2006, 08:56

In the words of Shakira... No Fighting...

Anyway, the video is allrite better than i expected considering who the director is ... Though compared to Christina Milian's new vid, and Rihanna's Nike Promo vid... It doesnt even compare!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 15th, 2006, 03:22

:( Still haven't heard the song or checked out the video yet. I'll probably do it later. Regardless, I'll probably still get the re-release of the album with this track. I hope the re-release will contain more new stuff or is different enough to make me wanna get it.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 15th, 2006, 03:31

Just heard the song and I think it's pretty good. I think "La Tortura" is better just because it came out first, but the chorus in this new one's really catchy. From the get-go, I knew Sohie Muller directed the video for this. It reminds me of her work on Nelly Furtado's "Turn Of The Light" video. It's bright and catchy. I like it. I dunno if the song'll be a hit here, but I think it's good. I heard the re-release of the album's gonna have another version of "La Tortura" (probably the English version?). That'll be great.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by » Wed March 15th, 2006, 13:44

I read on Wikipedia, it's the 'alternative' version Don't know what I gotta think about that ..

Legend
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

by » Fri April 14th, 2006, 17:31

Día De Enero is #1 in Mexico! (for the 2nd week)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun April 16th, 2006, 16:57

Oh my god I just love this song! I really love her latest album as well but haven't got it yet. Why is this song not on the album? It seems to be on the american version but not the english, do you think it will be added?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun April 16th, 2006, 18:19

hips dont lie is the best song of the moment!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by » Sun April 16th, 2006, 21:37

Quote Originally Posted by nas
    Oh my god I just love this song! I really love her latest album as well but haven't got it yet. Why is this song not on the album? It seems to be on the american version but not the english, do you think it will be added?
    Hips Don't Lie is added on the re-release of Oral Fixation vol. 2, and I think you can buy it everywhere now ..

Legend
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

by » Mon April 17th, 2006, 12:20

Cup final date for Shakira

From correspondents in Miami
    13apr06

COLOMBIA pop star Shakira will perform before the World Cup final at the Olympic stadium in Berlin on July 9, her record label announced today (AEST).

The lithe performer will sing "Hips Don't Lie," from her "Oral Fixation vol. 2" album alongside Haiti hip-hop artist Wyclef Jean.

The song, like many written by the eclectic composer, is a mix of hip-hop, reggaeton and other tropical music.

"It is sure to make the thousands and thousands of fans gathered at the famous stadium get up and dance," Sony-BMG said in a statement.
    Source, plus I also found this info on Shakira's official messageboard

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon April 17th, 2006, 13:56

Quote Originally Posted by BanZai
    Cup final date for Shakira

From correspondents in Miami
    13apr06

COLOMBIA pop star Shakira will perform before the World Cup final at the Olympic stadium in Berlin on July 9, her record label announced today (AEST).

The lithe performer will sing "Hips Don't Lie," from her "Oral Fixation vol. 2" album alongside Haiti hip-hop artist Wyclef Jean.

The song, like many written by the eclectic composer, is a mix of hip-hop, reggaeton and other tropical music.

"It is sure to make the thousands and thousands of fans gathered at the famous stadium get up and dance," Sony-BMG said in a statement.
    Source, plus I also found this info on Shakira's official messageboard
    Finally, a reason to look forward to a sports competition!
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD