Thread: Terri Walker - Alright With Me

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-04-06, 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoet
    Does she really expect to chart when there is no video, no airplay no promo? And the song is boring too. Its no whoopsie daise.
    Thank god, Whoopsie Daisy was a terrible track. Only thing good about it was the Sway remix.
    Alright With Me is a million times better.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-04-06, 22:07

Does she really expect to chart when there is no video, no airplay no promo? And the song is boring too. Its no whoopsie daise.
    No don't think she does... but I was just wondering

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 25-04-06, 22:16

Quote Originally Posted by GNVilla

Thank god, Whoopsie Daisy was a terrible track.
    Alright With Me is a million times better.
    Totally agree and so does Terri!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-04-06, 09:03

Does she really expect to chart when there is no video, no airplay no promo?
    Actually, that's a really good point. I can't see Terri ever doing well commercially unless she & her labels look up the definition of promotion.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 26-04-06, 12:20

i think that with no promo and no video forget commercial success she will have no success at all.

Im sure if you speak to your friends and ask have they heard about the terri walker project they will probably say terri who.

There is no point in her doing gigs for her fans she need 2 broaden her fanbase and she cant do that with no promo or video.

I hope she does well with this album because if we think about it its her last chance so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Terri and Emarah are the only two in this country at the moment who have real vocals.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 18:16

The single missed the top 200!

No big surprise though... I actually agree with The Realist... without a video or any promo she's not gonna have success at all!
    "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 18:54

Didnt make top 200? Thats terrible. Thats not even hundred copies sold is it?

She has potential to be massive, like Corinne Bailie Rae but Corinne makes videos and promotes.
    "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 19:22

i think she shouldnt of toured and saved the money for a video.

I hope she has some STRONG tracks on her album as of yet i havent heard anything that hits me.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 20:07

I know it sounds selfish...

But after seeing her tour, I would rather she didn't do a video if she was gonna give a truly amazing performance on tour as she did.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 20:11

she is not ready to do a tour she doesnt have enough fans granted she is a good performer though.

Tours are for successful people she isnt yet she still needs to build a strong fanbase first.

Emarah
    You should check out www.myspace.com/emarah

they are playing her on 1xtra shes really good

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 20:22

I disagree,

I dont know about other venues, but the jazz cafe (granted it is not huge) seemed full to me, i couldnt move!

I don't feel that you have to be successful to go on tour. The ability to perform and showcase her songs means more to Terri than any commercial success.

I have looked up that girl before, she is ok, nothing amazing though IMO.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 21:03

If you dont sell records you will be dropped thats the way it works.

Emarah is far better than Terri Walker listen to Home Run her vocals are out of this world ive seen her live and she is amazing her sound is very alternative in the current urban market. We need someone to push urban music and she can and is.

The whole industry is buzzing about her

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 21:56

Quote Originally Posted by Realist
    If you dont sell records you will be dropped thats the way it works.

Emarah is far better than Terri Walker listen to Home Run her vocals are out of this world ive seen her live and she is amazing her sound is very alternative in the current urban market. We need someone to push urban music and she can and is.

The whole industry is buzzing about her
    How can you say Emarah is better than Terri? That is a crazy statement. You cant back up that statement with any facts or figures. Terri's profile is huge. Untill Emarah gets out there (only heard her on MySpace....whoopie...i got a myspace page too lol) you cant compare. Emarah is vauxhall conferance compared to Premiership Terri!!! Truth Emarah has vocal skills but her beats are WACK man, so so wack. Ive heard one good beat. The girl has so much potential and ive made her aware of that but she need to get hooked up on some real beats then we can start talkin business. Untill then im only interested in hearing acapella's.

Also i agree with Mark. A tour is a much better idea finacially for an artist like Terri than a video that will only get play on two channels (Base and U). Terri is selling her dates fine. She most definately has the fanbase to cope with the type of tour she has put on or else they wouldn't be doing the selected dates.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 22:00

Her music isnt about beats urban music isnt about beats its about communicating a vibe, feeling or subject.

As a vocalist and songwriter Emarah is light years ahead.

Just because Terri has a profile that doesnt make her better.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 22:05

Just because Terri has a profile that doesnt make her better.
    Thats the truth, ive preached that before so can we ignore that part of my last post?
    The way i see it is Terri is just so much bigger and better than Emarah right now. Emarah is near nothing but she has potential. I would definately not say that she is a better writer/singer than Terri.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 30-04-06, 22:10

So you need an artist to be successful for you to consider them good hmmm.

None of Terri walker's songs have set the industry in flames.

Nothing of what terri is doing is new or interesting.

Vocally ive seen them both live at the same event and Emarah could sing her under the table trust me.

Also emarah's songs are far better quality

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 08:25

From listenin to Emarah I have to say I like her style, but I'm not overly impressed with her vocals, she seems to shout a lot of the stuff, I actually had to stop playing one of the songs.

She can't touch Terri in terms of song writing ability and that is for sure.

Terri is well known and comfortable with her standing in the industry, I look forward to hearing more from E, but right now I would prefer Terri any day of the week.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 09:00

Don't worry G, whilst Emarah is a fantastic artist - Realist is mentioning her in every post he makes now and it's getting a bit tedious, don't let it phase you.

As for Alright With Me, I reckon it's her weakest single so far, the album better be good! I hope she hasn't lost her touch.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 09:15

To be honest im starting to get sick of Emarah. I hope I dont start hating her because she's actually alright but yeah bringing her up in every post just pisses me off. Make your own Emarah post and see how many replies you get...probably only a couple because right now nobody really cares about her.
    Stevie, the album is hot man. You should enjoy it!!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 11:57

I think ive been pushing her a bit too much lol

i think there is enough room for everyone.

If you look at rock music alot of the time they arent signed have no video etc but people love their music e.g arctic monkeys. We as lovers of urban music should try and do the same. If not alot of great artists will pass us by i think that is a big problem with urban acts making it. We need to support not only known artists but also unknown because we need to re address the balance , there is a new band out every week in this country and one urban act a year practically.

We should be telling the record companies what we want and not them telling us what we need.

Enough of me preaching

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 15:47

We should be telling the record companies what we want and not them telling us what we need.
    Thats true but it will never happen. Music is aimed at 12-20 year olds and in general they all robots that will follow anything that is said to be good!!

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 15:50

i think thats a shame why is it different in the states?

People like Jill Scott and john legend had a huge following before they had a deal, video etc.

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 01-05-06, 16:55

When r they gonna realize that this girl NEEDS promo. No one can gain success or a fanbase without it. and I'm starting to blame Terri for it now, not her label(s) anymore, cuz she knows that promo is what she suffers from and still seems like shes doing nothing about it
    WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
    All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 02-05-06, 06:47

i have to agree with you but maybe she has tried to get on tv shows and stuff like that.

I wouldn't think it is easy at the same time she should of done some promo b4 a tour so non fans can find out about her.

The tour was only for her fans nobody else knew about it. Therefore she will sell the same amount of records as last time because she isnt known by the masses if you dont hear music u cant decided whether u would like to buy the album.