Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed March 22nd, 2006, 21:17

Quote Originally Posted by MJDangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by mIGU
    Christina Aguilera :: Stripped Live in the UK DVD
    AA100000
    I want a scan of this one
    He typed wrong. I have the DVD, it's AA10000, not 100000.
    Anthony Kerty C. C. Mota - www.BRITNEY.com.BR

by » Wed March 22nd, 2006, 21:59

LOOOOOOOL

So true! I typed it wrong

Its 10.000
    sorry =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 01:21

here are some of mine. I hope I can help

Ana Carolina
    Estampado - AN7000
    Perfil - AA50000

Anastacia
    Pieces Of A Dream - AA6000

Dido
    No Angel - AH1000
    Life For Rent - AA35000
    Dido Live DVD - AA5000

Emma
    Free Me - AA3000

The Only Madonna Album I have with such information is in my car right now, but I recall it being AA40000.
    Drowned World Tour 2001 (DVD) - AH3000

Norah Jones
    Come Away With Me - AG4000
    Feels Like Home - AA45000

Robbie Williams
    I've Been Expecting You - AA2000
    Greatest Hits - AE10000
    Live At The Albert (DVD) - AA500

The Corrs
    The Best Of The Corrs - AG1000
    Borrowed Heaven - AA12000
    Home - AA11000
    All The Way Home + Live In Geneva (DVD) - AA4000

Kylie Minogue
    Body Language Live. Album Launch at the Apollo (DVD)- AB1000

Babado Novo
    Uau! Ao vivo em Salvador (DVD) - AB15000
    don't hate me because I'm handsome.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 06:30

great to see that people like this thread! and it's growing really fast I guess

I would like to as people to be really careful when posting the codes... only 1 "zero" and u get a completely different number lol

Today I went to one store and spend some time there taking note of some codes in my cellphone, it was kinda funny cuz the people at the stores were looking at me all the time lol I'll do that more =P so bad that my town is not very big (only 100,000 people) so we don't have many cd-stores/cd's in the stores lol but, like I said, I'm counting with the help of everyone in here

btw, thanks to everyone who posted stats ;) I updated with the stats I got now, i'll update the rest later!

Quote Originally Posted by mIGU
    t.A.T.u :: Dangerous and Moving
    AA2000

Jennifer Lopez :: Rebirth
    AA18800
    AB12000

Geri Halliwell :: Passion
    AA3000

On Friday I'll have information from many many many others as me and my boy will go to FNAC explore this info =P
    I guess t.A.T.u. shipped many more after AA cuz the album stood high on the São Paulo charts and they promoted here. Also, I never heard of J.Lo's AB12! 30k is a lot for this album, great! r u sure it wasn't AB1200? lol

and every Spice Girl releases AA3000 now I think, Emma, Geri... lol

btw, do u have MSN Messenger? it's been a longtime I wanted to talk with u!

Quote Originally Posted by maroon
    very interesting topic! and it's a great idea to give that kind of codes on records, I wish all the countries were doing that
    AutomaticBR, do any other Madonna's albums have codes?
    Everything would be easier if all countries have done this, specially the ones without much info like Brasil =/

about Madonna, the only thing I know besides what was already posted is that "American life" has an AB10000 version, the first one didn't had the "AA" code but Warner said it was 50k.

Quote Originally Posted by joao
    I have Dido´s AA10000, so this means there are at last 60k shipped of Life For Rent. I recently saw in the shops a version which was 2k, but I don´t remember which letter. It´s higher then I expected.
    For Dido's "Life for rent" I only got AA35 and AB5 'til now, wich means 40,000

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is a HUGE success in Brazil, 25k in initial shipment seem VERY low. Are you sure about the numbers of this album ?!
    I already edited a lil' the sales for this album. As u can see now, the 2nd shipment was of 100k no surprise that the album was in ABPD's Top 10 albums of 2004 wich around 170k. In this case is interesting cuz the edition with DVD also sold a lot, and those diferent versions of an album have different codes

Quote Originally Posted by brunocorr
    The Only Madonna Album I have with such information is in my car right now, but I recall it being AA40000.
    Drowned World Tour 2001 (DVD) - AH3000

The Corrs
    Borrowed Heaven - AA12000
    All The Way Home + Live In Geneva (DVD) - AA4000
    The Madonna album u said is "Confessions on a dancefloor", her latest one ;)

And thank u much for the info on The Corrs, I was really looking for "Borrowed heaven"'s AA code =P also, I didn't even know that the "All the way home" DVD was released! great!

and to end all this... impressive how Robbie Williams is much more popular here than I tought. His GH album sold 35,000 at least (this was published in a very big newspaper of Brasil wich unfortunatelly I don't recall now lol). Hiw new one is already going over 30k and I never heard "Tripping" on the radio! It's crazy the difference between musical tastes in different regions of Brasil. Robbie seems to be big in São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro but not that much where I live (Rio Grande do Sul)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 09:27

This is very interesting. It's nice to finally have some information on Brazil's sales.

I know Shakira doesn't sell very well in Brazil any longer, but it is possible to get this information for Fijacion Oral Vol. 1 and Oral Fixation Vol. 2?

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 15:43

Another one

Amerie :: Touch
    AA2000

Beyonce :: Dangerously In Love
    AA15510
    AB10000

S Club 7 :: BEST
    AB600

^^ credit to my boyf, he helped me with his own cds on thsi research

BTW, I'm sure Beyonce had a at least another set of copies made, I'm sure it went till AC

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 18:13

Quote Originally Posted by askew
    This is very interesting. It's nice to finally have some information on Brazil's sales.

I know Shakira doesn't sell very well in Brazil any longer, but it is possible to get this information for Fijacion Oral Vol. 1 and Oral Fixation Vol. 2?
    Actually, Shakira still sells quite decently here... not GOLD level, but not a huge flop lol I only got "Fijacion Oral vol.1" code wich is AA25600. I already saw the code for OF2 but I'm not sure now, I just remember it wasn't too diferent from FO1!

I edited once more the thread with many many more codes

VERY IMPRESSIVE initial shipments for Marisa Monte - for those who doesn't know, she's one of the best (if not THE best) selling female artist in Brasil. The critics love her always, and so the public too. After 6 years without releasing a solo album (her last one achieved sales of more than 1M copies), she released 2 albums - "Infinito particular" and "Universo ao meu redor" - both album have shipped 300,000 copies EACH (already 2x Platinum)! and they where just released on last March 10th!

also, to Edimes... I found just 2 albums of Kraftwerk here - "Minimum maximum" and "Trans Euro Express", both AA1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 21:42

Automatic, I went to a cd store today and took some time to check these things out.
    Ana Carolina - Perfil (I saw 2 different ones: AZ15000 and BA8000)
    Madonna - COAF (AD20000)

Those are the only ones I can remember for now.
    Damn, I should've taken pics with my cellphone. silly me.

anyway, I bought 2 new ones:
    Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten (AA2000)
    Gwen Stefani - Love.Angel.Music.Baby (AB8000)
    don't hate me because I'm handsome.

by » Thu March 23rd, 2006, 21:53

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBR
    also, to Edimes... I found just 2 albums of Kraftwerk here - "Minimum maximum" and "Trans Euro Express", both AA1500
    Thanx for the Info :-)
    "Trans Europe Express" AA1500 seems to be a reissue, because it was originally released 1977 as LP and 1998 first time on CD in Brazil.

Greetz :-)
    Eddy

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Fri March 24th, 2006, 18:58

I checked my version of Life For rent and it is AAD10000, and not AAA10000 like I said. There is another edition which is 2k but I don´t remember the letters, so the total so far is 52k. Here are some others:

Dido - Life for rent AAD10000
    Anastacia - Not That Kind AAF1500 (released in 2000, if I´m not mistaken, so not all sales counted).
    Faithless - Forever faithless (GH) AAA2000
    Sixpence None The Richer - Divine Discontented AAA1000(released in 2002, this album was released simultaneously by 2 labels, Sony and Bom Pastor, if I´m not mistaken, the version I have is from Bom Pastor, and probably counts separetely).

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Fri March 24th, 2006, 22:30

Quote Originally Posted by brunocorr
    Automatic, I went to a cd store today and took some time to check these things out.
    Ana Carolina - Perfil (I saw 2 different ones: AZ15000 and BA8000)
    Madonna - COAF (AD20000)

Those are the only ones I can remember for now.
    Damn, I should've taken pics with my cellphone. silly me.

anyway, I bought 2 new ones:
    Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten (AA2000)
    Gwen Stefani - Love.Angel.Music.Baby (AB8000)
    WOW! This is the first time I read about an AZ or BA album but it's no surprise... Ana Carolina's "Perfil" is her best-selling album, already certified DIAMOND by ABPD for 500,000 copies shipped and as we can see, the codes are small wich means they shipped many many times to get to this great 500k total!

Also very nice to see Madonna's COAD already at AD20, I think this album will eventually go Platinum (125k).

AND, last but not least, thanks a lot for the Gwen Stefani figure specially cuz I was looking for that one for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Edimes
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBR
    Thanx for the Info :-)
    "Trans Europe Express" AA1500 seems to be a reissue, because it was originally released 1977 as LP and 1998 first time on CD in Brazil.

Greetz :-)
    Eddy
    As those codes are only for CD's made since mid-2003, it doesn't take into account the sales before that. It's not like a reissue (wich would be a new version of the album), but yes a new shipment, maybe cuz they released a new album not that long ago, right? the same happened with Massive Attack's "Mezzanine" - the album has an AA1000 version, even tough it was first released in 1998. That certainly happened bcuz they released a new album in 2003 and then a soundtrack 2005. The new releases always make some people look to the artist's old releases

I checked my version of Life For rent and it is AAD10000, and not AAA10000 like I said. There is another edition which is 2k but I don´t remember the letters, so the total so far is 52k. Here are some others:

Dido - Life for rent AAD10000
    Anastacia - Not That Kind AAF1500 (released in 2000, if I´m not mistaken, so not all sales counted).
    Faithless - Forever faithless (GH) AAA2000
    Sixpence None The Richer - Divine Discontented AAA1000(released in 2002, this album was released simultaneously by 2 labels, Sony and Bom Pastor, if I´m not mistaken, the version I have is from Bom Pastor, and probably counts separetely).
    weird to have an album released simultaneously by 2 labels :-? maybe the album was released in 2002 by Sony and then, after 2003, when the codes started, by Bom Pastor?

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 00:47

Been today at FNAC and saw a lot of codes aswell, but I didnt really got all in my head now sorry

As u said AutomaticBR, t.A.T.u got another shipment, I saw it today, still much lower than I could ever think of as they came by to promote and the album was on the Folha de SP best selling list for a while. I saw today AB3000 =S so all together they have just 5.000 copies shipped, I expected more

I also saw Ana Carolina's BA8000 and I was but she is HUGE here so its ok. I also so Madonna's AD one today, also saw Hillary Duff which is AA5000 and Jesse Mcartney (dont know his name properly) and he is AA2500

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 18:10

TATU´s album is a miserable seller in Brazil, considering the video for All About Us was on heavy rotation a few months ago on MTV and Multishow and the song itself got decent airplay, it´s a total disaster. The Folha de São Paulo chart probably should be fake or it took in acount only a few stores, I remember when it was posted here it featured Bjork´s Selma Songs in the Top 10, which is a definitive proof that it´s completely out of reality.

Here are a few more I found in my house:
    The Darkness - Permission To Land AB3.000
    Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death AC8.000
    Evanescence - Fallen AI20.000 (this must have been a monster seller...)
    Ian Van Dahl - ACE AA4.000
    Faithless - No Roots AA2.000
    Kosheen - Kokopelli AA2.000
    Moby - Play AC2.000
    (I put points to avoid mistakes).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 18:29

Just on comment, I guess this thread confirms that the ABPD certifications on their website are mostly right... People were complaining that certifications for their favourite artists were much lower then their supost sales, but looking at the shipment numbers on Beyonce, J-Lo and Desitny´s Child CD´s, it´s pretty clear that pure pop artists can hardly sell 50,000 copies of their albums in Brazil, and those certifications on the Hot 100 Brasil site (just like the chart itself) were completely fake... People were also complaining that Mariah Carey´s TEOM was undercertified but looking at her shipment numbers, it´s really not so exciting to believe it is 3xplatinum like the Hot 100 Brasil displayed, and all those solo spice girls and tatu really have small shipments, unlike her fans wanted to convince everybody that they were massive sellers. TATU really visited Brazil, but their visit was almost unnoticed, so it didn´t help their sales.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 19:04

Just on comment, I guess this thread confirms that the ABPD certifications on their website are mostly right...
    You are wrong, this database is BS, the major part of certifications are missing.
    25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 19:25

Just on comment, I guess this thread confirms that the ABPD certifications on their website are mostly right...
    You are wrong, this database is BS, the major part of certifications are missing.
    BS=?
    can you give us examples, not talking about 80´s and 90´s releases of course?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 21:25

GREAT idea!

The Beatles, 1 AU1000
    Coldplay, A Rush Of Blood To The Head AR7000
    Coldplay, Live 2003 (CD/DVD) AF3000
    Gorillaz, Demon Days AF5000
    Green Day, American Idiot AF20000
    Green Day, Bullet In A Bible (CD/DVD) AA25000
    Los Hermanos, Los Hermanos AF1000
    Los Hermanos, Bloco Do Eu Sozinho AN1000
    Los Hermanos, Ventura AJ4000
    Los Hermanos, 4 AA40000
    Los Hermanos Ao Vivo no Cine Íris (DVD) AA10000
    Maroon5, Songs About Jane AA3000
    The Killers, Hot Fuss AB8000
    System Of A Down, Toxicity AJ2000

I don't have scans of them...
    but you can trust me
    don't act like I never told ya!

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 23:34

BS=?
    Bullshit...

Here a few Brazilian certifications :

Andrea Bocelli - Sogno : 2xPlatinum
    Enya - A Day Without Rain : Gold
    Eros Ramazzotti - Stile Libero : Gold
    U2 - ATYCLB : 3xPlatinum
    Laura Pausini - Tra Te E Il Mare : Gold

Check the ABPD site to see how many of them are in it... 1 (Enya) in 5...

I know also for sure that "Invincible" by MJ is Gold, in 6 "sure" certifications only 1 is in the ABPD database, this can give you an idea about how comprehensive this database is.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sat March 25th, 2006, 23:48

BS=?
    Bullshit...

Eros Ramazzotti - ? : Gold

Check the ABPD site to see how many of them are in it...
    These are all old items, the ABPD site didn´t even exist when they were released. Talk about current albums, their certifications seems to fit perfectly with the estimations we make from shipments, even Enya´s new album is already gold (promotion = zero), so I supposed A Day Without Rain must have sold thrillions... A lot of people are disapointed because Jennifer Lopez and Destiny´s Child last albums were not certified, because their singles were played to death on MTV and pop radios, but their certifications are not missing on ABPD, they simply don´t exist, as their poor shipments prove, not all the promotion in the world would make these "artists" get a certification in Brazil, while other artists that are mostly unpromoted (talk about Enya again) have shipped gold right from the start.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun March 26th, 2006, 00:02

BS=?
    Bullshit...

These are all old items, the ABPD site didn´t even exist when they were released. Talk about current albums, their certifications seems to fit perfectly with the estimations we make from shipments, even Enya´s new album is already gold (promotion = zero), so I supposed A Day Without Rain must have sold thrillions... A lot of people are disapointed because Jennifer Lopez and Destiny´s Child last albums were not certified, because their singles were played to death on MTV and pop radios, but their certifications are not missing on ABPD, they simply don´t exist, as their poor shipments prove, not all the promotion in the world would make these "artists" get a certification in Brazil, while other artists that are mostly unpromoted (talk about Enya again) have shipped gold right from the start.
    Old items, are you kidding ?!? They are barely 5 years old ! If this database is crap already for 5 years old albums, so it is USELESS and in fact MANY albums are missing.
    I read nowhere in their site that the database is supposed to be correct only for 6 months old albums

Superstar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sun March 26th, 2006, 00:43

[quote=MJDangerous]
    Quote Originally Posted by "joao":2leg486l
    BS=?
    Bullshit...

Old items, are you kidding ?!? They are barely 5 years old ! If this database is crap already for 5 years old albums, so it is USELESS and in fact MANY albums are missing.
    I read nowhere in their site that the database is supposed to be correct only for 6 months old albums [/quote:2leg486l]

Shipments have started to be tracked seriously in Brazil after 2003... Before that, there were no codes in the records, and the main source of piracy was labels themselves. The number of records they declared to be sold was usually less then the actual amount, because they wanted to pay less tributes. You don´t have an idea why the major labels got furious when the CD numeration started in Brazil? Same situation for DVDs and books. In resume, before 2003 everything was messed. And talk seriously, 1999 and 2000 for Brazil are equivalent to 1945 to USA, which means, no chance to get trustable data. The ABPD website was made mainly to show the new certifications every month, the database for old certifications is just a complement.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Wed March 29th, 2006, 03:48

Also, we can easily see that many records are undercertified in Brasil lol but like Joao said, things are only getting "serious" since 2003!

btw, thanks for all the new codes posted guys, I'll update the thread soon ;)

by » Thu March 30th, 2006, 06:57

Shakira - Oral Fixation Vol. 2 - AA 15.000
    Shania Twain - Greatest Hits - AA 25.000
    The Offspring - Greatest Hits - AA 11.300
    Santana - All That I Am - AA 30.000
    Silverchair - Neon Ballroon - AF 4.000
    Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk - AC 5.000
    Malhação Internacional (2003) - AA 120.000

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu March 30th, 2006, 13:53

Quote Originally Posted by panasonic
    Shakira - Oral Fixation Vol. 2 - AA 15.000
    Shania Twain - Greatest Hits - AA 25.000
    The Offspring - Greatest Hits - AA 11.300
    Santana - All That I Am - AA 30.000
    Silverchair - Neon Ballroon - AF 4.000
    Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk - AC 5.000
    Malhação Internacional (2003) - AA 120.000
    I was really looking for Shakira's number! Thanks buddy ;)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri March 31st, 2006, 11:55

some more for Iron Maiden :

Somewhere In Time: AI002000
    Piece Of Mind: AE001000
    Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: AE001000
    Dance on the road AA0010000

And also

Quensryche - Operation Midcrime I : AA001000