Page 101 of 274 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6827

Thread: Queen :: Charts & Sales History

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 21st, 2011, 10:54

Quote Originally Posted by HUR
    Thank you for the nice comments, guys. Very appreciated. I will keep posting what I found.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlymad
    UK Top Selling Albums Of 2010

107 Queen Absolute Greatest 133000
    This is what I have for the album.

Week 1: 102,522
    Week 2: 77,607
    Week 3: 77,097
    Week 4: 99,062
    Week 5: 92,114
    Week 6: 75,874
    Week 7: 20,792

Total: 545,068

This is what Queen's "Absolute Greatest" had sold by Sunday 3 January 2010, which was the last day considered by Musicweek for the year end chart of 2009.

According to Musicweek, the album was on 673,584 copies sold as of Sunday Janaury 2 2010.

This leaves 128,516 copies sold during 2010 (from 4 January 2010 to 2 January 2011), which is a few thousands below what was estimated (133,000 copies).

Have I misinterpreted something?
    I think the MW total could up to the week before that or the week before that too (it was #153 on that last week of the year with sales of ~3k & #189 with ~2.4k the previous week).

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 21st, 2011, 13:29

Or :

- the estimation is ~5k too high
    - the MW total was a good old typo (673k instead of 678k)
    - OCC have re-adjusted the figure

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by » Fri January 21st, 2011, 13:44

Poland
    weekly

# 16 Queen - GREATEST HITS

# 22 Queen - GREATEST HITS II
    Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri January 21st, 2011, 14:44

Thank you, Rollingbob. Those are three good possibilities, indeed. Although a few thousands won't affect the grand total, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by trueno
    Hi HUR, what´s your worldwide estimation for Absolute Greatest, Return of the Champions (CD) and The Cosmos Rocks???

Thanks in advance and thanks for your great work and dedication about Queen.
    Thank you, Trueno.

My estimation for "Absolute Greatest" would be nearly 1,250,000 copies. Including UK (675,000 copies), Germany (75,000), Italy (more than 30,000), Ireland (more than 15,000), Japan and France (40,000), Australia (60,000) and the rest.

"Return Of The Champions" nearly 500,000 copies worldwide. Plus, a further 350,000 copies for the DVD.

And "The Cosmos Rocks", probably with more than 400,000 copies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 21st, 2011, 23:16

Quote Originally Posted by HUR
    Thank you, Rollingbob. Those are three good possibilities, indeed. Although a few thousands won't affect the grand total, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by trueno
    Hi HUR, what´s your worldwide estimation for Absolute Greatest, Return of the Champions (CD) and The Cosmos Rocks???

Thanks in advance and thanks for your great work and dedication about Queen.
    Thank you, Trueno.

My estimation for "Absolute Greatest" would be nearly 1,250,000 copies. Including UK (675,000 copies), Germany (75,000), Italy (more than 30,000), Ireland (more than 15,000), Japan and France (40,000), Australia (60,000) and the rest.

"Return Of The Champions" nearly 500,000 copies worldwide. Plus, a further 350,000 copies for the DVD.

And "The Cosmos Rocks", probably with more than 400,000 copies.
    Only 400000+...... :-?
    Ok, muchas gracias HUR.
    Long Live Rock n´Roll

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 22nd, 2011, 13:04

This week in UK album charts:

153. (148) GREATEST HITS [REMASTERED] (Queen) :x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat January 22nd, 2011, 21:33

France Top-40 Compilations:

Greatest Hits II #40

USA Today I-Tunes Top Rock:

Bohemian Rhapsody #3

Although it's a bit late (my PC had some problems :evil: ), I would like to thank HUR for this interesting information, especially the impressive South Korean sales data. According to the last chart, it seems that Queen are still doing well in South Korea! I also agree that the HUR's figures concerning UK Queen albums of the '70s are a little bigger than MJDangerous figures, especially A Day At The Races, while as far as Greatest Hits, I think that MJDangerous estimation is very reliable. This album should be a bit over 5M, considering the fact that from 1992 it has sold about 2M copies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sun January 23rd, 2011, 16:56

Hi everyone, i didn't want to start a seperate thread for this, with the immenant re-issue of Queen's back catalogue does anybody know roughly what percentage of sales do UK superpermarkets (ie Asda, Tesco etc) make up in the overall chart? If Queen's re-issues don't chart inside the top100 then supermarkets wont stock them and i think this would greatly affect sales, anyone agree?

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 23rd, 2011, 18:25

As of 2009 supermarkets held almost a 30% share of the UK CD album sales market. Please open up the below link and go to the 5th link on the page [PDF] UK MARKET STATISTICS, then Page 4 of said PDF report.

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en#scl ... 83d6a8df20

I imagine this will rise as it has been announced that HMV is having difficulties and that this will result in the closure, of about 60 more stores accross the UK. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12117510

I don't really know how much of this share % swing will affect the Queen back catalogue re-issues, as I'd imagine it will really only be the fans that will pick them up and they will inevitably just go to HMV/Fopp etc or buy online from Amazon etc.

Not all UK supermarkets just list Top 100, some of the larger warehouse style stores, include a back catalogue section. I'm sure my local(ish) ASDA has (or did, not been in a while) quite a large section for back catalgue release CD albums.

Also, no Queen catalogue studio album has ever entered the UK Top 100, after it's initial run, bar ANATO and that was only for 3 weeks in 05/06 and because of the 30th promotion. The majority have never even re-entered the UK Top 200 since the advent of CD or their initial run. In fact even Freddies death could not spur 1 single catalogue studio album into the Top 200.

The general public will continue to just purchase the GH's, so I cannot imagine the supermatket/music chain % share having any drastic affect on the re-issues. The people who want the remastered version (the fans) will still get them.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sun January 23rd, 2011, 18:35

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypages59
    Also, no Queen catalogue studio album has ever entered the UK Top 100, after it's initial run, bar ANATO and that was only for 3 weeks in 05/06 and because of the 30th promotion. The majority have never even re-entered the UK Top 200 since the advent of CD or their initial run. In fact even Freddies death could not spur 1 single catalogue studio album into the Top 200.
    The week after Freddie Mercury's passing, there were 10 Queen albums in the British Top 150, including several back catalogue albums:

#1 Greatest Hits 2
    #9 Greatest Hits 1
    #34 Innuendo
    #51 Live Magic
    #66 A Kind Of Magic
    #81 A Night At The Opera
    #116 The Works
    #119 Queen 2
    #128 The Miracle
    #131 Queen

I would imagine most of their other studio albums will also have been charting in the Top 200.

And I also believe these ones continued to chart for several weeks or even months throughout 1992.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun January 23rd, 2011, 19:22

Hur,

Yes, I missed AKOFM at No.66

The following did not show up in Hanboos Chart Runs, but looking at it, I take it this is because, he is only counting weeks inside the Top 75 in 1991, would this be correct, as I noticed Top 100 weeks were evident in the 80's and GH's has Top 100 weeks posted in 92 and Top 200 weeks are only available from 94!?

#81 A Night At The Opera
    #116 The Works
    #119 Queen 2
    #128 The Miracle
    #131 Queen

I'd not mentioned these because they are GH or Live
    #1 Greatest Hits 2
    #9 Greatest Hits 1
    #51 Live Magic

I still thought of this one as being in it's initial(ish) run and definitley not catalogue.
    #34 Innunendo.

But that still doesn't change my original assumption that the vast majority of Queens studio albums have never re-entered the UK Top 100 or Top 75 in the CD age, bar ANATO and also AKOM or the Top 200 since it has been published.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed January 26th, 2011, 18:49

Heres the first press release from Queen Productions/Universal/Island Records about the 5 reissued studio albums coming out on 14th March 2011 - hopefully these will sell well although the bonus material could have been more exciting - guess we'll have to wait for the Anthologies for the rare stuff..

'We aimed for the top slot and we were not going to be satisfied with anything less.” Freddie Mercury

March 2011 sees the re-release of Queen’s first five albums – one of the most exciting and influential back catalogues of all time. Recorded in the maelstrom of the early 1970’s London music scene Queen created a groundbreaking and unique soundtrack that remains globally influential today. Theatrical, imaginative, diverse, melodic and unpredictable they had a sound and a look all of their own. Sitting alongside their contemporaries like Led Zep and David Bowie, Queen set the standard for British rock in the 1970’s and became one of the most thrilling, glamorous and downright rock n roll bands of all time, directly influencing a contemporary roll call of artists from Foo Fighters & Axl Rose to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.

“Queen”, “Queen II”, “Sheer Heart Attack”, “A Night At The Opera” and “A Day At The Races” have been specially re-mastered and each will be released as a standard CD as well as a deluxe 2 disc set which will feature new bonus content. Each deluxe album will be released on iTunes featuring bonus tracks plus additional sleeve notes, unseen pictures and videos. The albums also set the scene for their bands forthcoming Stormtroopers In Stilettos Global exhibition that launches in London on 25th February.

From the pure raw rock of “Queen” through to the majestic anthems on “A Day At The Races”, the first five albums highlight the diverse talent, musical ambition and already global success of a band made up of some of the best songwriters, musicians and performers of all time.

‘Queen’, recently nominated by Dave Grohl as his favourite album of all time, was recorded in the same studio that David Bowie was recording Ziggy Stardust. Because they didn’t have any money, the album was recorded on Bowies downtime, so Queen were literally recording at 3AM after Bowie had gone to bed. ‘Queen’ is their heaviest album, influenced by The Who, Hendrix and Led Zep and contains some of their hardest rocking songs, and also some of their most imaginative. Like all subsequent Queen albums, no two songs sound the same and there are mixtures of light and shade, the band teasing one minute with a lullaby, then blowing your head off.

‘Queen II’ is the real beginning of Queen as we know it. It’s the first time we hear the multi layered overdubs, the harmonies, the varied musical styles (ballads, folk, blues, thrash metal, pop and rock, it’s all there). It also includes their first hit single ‘Seven Seas of Rhye’, which led to the first of many iconic performances on Top of the Pops. The band recorded ‘Queen II’ in just over a month in 1973 ahead of its release in 1974. The album cover was shot by legendary photographer Mick Rock and inspired by a Marlene Dietrich portrait. The image was later brought to life in the revolutionary Bohemian Rhapsody video.

‘Sheer Heart Attack’, Roger Taylor’s favourite Queen album, was released in 1974 and reached Number 2 in the UK. Prior to this Queen were mostly considered a heavy rock band, but this album experimented with a variety of musical genres, including music hall, heavy metal, ballads and ragtime. At this point Queen started to move away from the progressive tendencies of their first two releases into a more radio-friendly, song-orientated style, illustrated by ‘Killer Queen’, which was their biggest hit at that point reaching No 2 in the UK. It also went to No 12 in the US Billboard Charts, the first of many hits there. A song about a high-class call girl, it contains the guitar solo that Brian May is most proud of and won Freddie his first Ivor Novello Award.

‘A Night at The Opera’, named after the Marx Bros film, is widely acclaimed as one of the greatest albums of all time. Exceptional on every level, musically, lyrically and artistically, Queen took the strongest elements of their previous two albums to make the ultimate winning combination. The most expensive album ever recorded at that time, it delivered rock, opera, heavy metal, romance, ballads, pop, sci-fi folk, music hall, ‘trad jazz’ and even the National Anthem. The album contains perhaps the most famous rock song of all time, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ which went on to spend fourteen weeks and number one, be voted Song of the Millennium, become the only song in history to reach Xmas No 1 twice and sell a million copies on two separate occasions. Queen also recorded the first official pop promo for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ as they were on tour and could not appear on Top of The Pops and this video paved the way for MTV and VH1.

By 1976, Queen were back in the studio recording ‘A Day At The Races’, which was written and recorded by Queen at their happiest, riding on the crest of a wave and loving every second. The album is an infectiously jubilant piece of music full of love, optimism and good old fashioned rock and roll. Like ‘A Night at the Opera’ it again borrowed the name of a Marx Bros movie, and its cover was similar to that of ‘A Night at the Opera’, a variation on the same Queen Crest. It reached number one on the British charts and features the classics ‘Tie Your Mother Down’, Freddie Mercury’s personal favourite composition ‘Somebody To Love’ and ‘Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy’

FULL TRACKLISTINGS FOR EACH ALBUM:
    Queen
    1. Keep Yourself Alive
    2. Doing All Right
    3. Great King Rat
    4. My Fairy King
    5. Liar
    6. The Night Comes Down
    7. Modern Times Rock ‘n’ Roll
    8. Son And Daughter
    9. Jesus
    10. Seven Seas Of Rhye

Bonus Tracks
    1. Keep Yourself Alive (De Lane Lea Demo, December 1971)
    2. The Night Comes Down (De Lane Lea Demo, December 1971
    3. Great King Rat (De Lane Lea Demo, December 1971)
    4. Jesus (De Lane Lea Demo, December 1971)
    5. Liar (De Lane Lea Demo, December 1971)
    6. Mad The Swine (June 1972)

Queen 2
    1. Procession
    2. Father To Son
    3. White Queen (As It Began)
    4. Some Day One Day
    5. The Loser In The End
    6. Ogre Battle
    7. The Fairy Feller’s Master-Stroke
    8. Nevermore
    9. The March Of The Black Queen
    10. Funny How Love Is
    11. Seven Seas Of Rhye

Bonus Tracks
    1. See What A Fool I’ve Been (BBC Session, July 1973 – 2011 remix)
    2. White Queen (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, December 1975)
    3. Seven Seas of Rhye (Instrumental Mix 2011)
    4. Nevermore (BBC Session, April 1974)
    5. See What A Fool I’ve Been (B-side version, February 1974)

Sheer Heart Attack
    1. Brighton Rock
    2. Killer Queen
    3. Tenement Funster
    4. Flick Of The Wrist
    5. Lily Of The Valley
    6. Now I’m Here
    7. In The Lap Of The Gods
    8. Stone Cold Crazy
    9. Dear Friends
    10. Misfire
    11. Bring Back That Leroy Brown
    12. She Makes Me (Stormtrooper In Stilettos)
    13. In The Lap Of The Gods . . . Revisited

Bonus Tracks
    1. Now I’m Here (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, December 1975)
    2. Flick of the Wrist (BBC Session, October 1974)
    3. Tenement Funster (BBC Session, October 1974)
    4. Bring Back That Leroy Brown (A cappella Mix 2011)
    5. In The Lap of the Gods..Revisited (Live at Wembley Stadium, July 86)

A Night At The Opera
    1. Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To…)
    2. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
    3. I’m In Love With My Car
    4. You’re My Best Friend
    5. ’39
    6. Sweet Lady
    7. Seaside Rendezvous
    8. The Prophet’s Song
    9. Love Of My Life
    10. Good Company
    11. Bohemian Rhapsody
    12. God Save The Queen

Bonus Tracks
    1. Keep Yourself Alive (Long-Lost Retake, June 1975)
    2. Bohemian Rhapsody (Operatic Section A cappella Mix 2011)
    3. You’re My Best Friend (Backing Track Mix 2011)
    4. I’m In Love With My car (Guitar & Vocal Mix 2011)
    5. ’39 (Live at Earl’s Court, June 1977)
    6. Love Of My Life (South American Live Single, June 1979)

A Day At The Races
    1. Tie Your Mother Down
    2. You Take My Breath Away
    3. Long Away
    4. The Millionaire Waltz
    5. You And I
    6. Somebody To Love
    7. White Man
    8. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
    9. Drowse
    10. Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)

Bonus Tracks
    1. Tie Your Mother Down (Backing Track Mix 2011)
    2. Somebody To Love (Live at Milton Keynes, June 1982)
    3. You Take My Breath Away (Live in Hyde Park, September 1976)
    4. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy (Top of the Pops, July 1977)(Mono)
    5. Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) (HD Mix)'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Wed January 26th, 2011, 21:51

nothing new in the bonus......... :(
    Long Live Rock n´Roll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu January 27th, 2011, 16:48

Does anyone have any sales figures for the Queen Singles box sets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu January 27th, 2011, 18:52

Quote Originally Posted by greatkingrat
    Does anyone have any sales figures for the Queen Singles box sets?
    It's at least 4 as i have them all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Thu January 27th, 2011, 21:55

make that 8 as they are in a shop window near where I live!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 28th, 2011, 10:46

Italy chart:

Greatest Hits II #80

Italy download:

Bohemian Rhapsody #130

Finland chart:

Absolute Greatest #15

In Greece, both Greatest Hits are #31, while Absolute Greatest is since some days in Canadian I-Tunes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 28th, 2011, 10:51

IFPI Platinum Europe Awards:

Absolute Greatest is Platinum

source:

http://www.ifpi.org/content/section_new ... 10110.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Fri January 28th, 2011, 11:38

It'd go for The Beatles We Can Work It Out & Day Triper as the first pop promo.They made many more after that aswell.

Other artists like Bowie made them in the early seventies also.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri January 28th, 2011, 15:01

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypages59
    But that still doesn't change my original assumption that the vast majority of Queens studio albums have never re-entered the UK Top 100 or Top 75 in the CD age, bar ANATO and also AKOM or the Top 200 since it has been published.
    Hello Jimmy,

Well, I'm not sure if those are the correct parameters to judge what one band sells as a catalogue act; I doubt the vast majority of Pink Floyd albums, for example, chart every year in the Top 75 or Top 100 but they are still regarded as a big catalogue band.

If we focus on the period between 1994 to 2010 (basically the last 16 years or so), I agree with what you are saying although certain albums, such as "A Night At The Opera", "A Kind Of Magic" or "A Day At The Races" (apart from a live album, like "Live At Wembley '86"), fared very well in some years (2003 to 2007). The British Top 200 has basically been available ever since about 1994. But there was one before, since 1983 or so.

I think that, in the beginning of the CD era, Queen used to be one of the top catalogue selling bands when it came to their studio albums. So I wouldn't say that Queen never did well in the Top 200; there was actually a Top 200 back in the 80's as I said, which isn't of public domain, and, in my opinion, they appear to have been doing very well at the time (and also in 1991 and 1992, for posthumous reasons).

Here is a small paragraph of an article that was posted in a Billboard issue of 1984, in relation to the best selling album acts of the third quarter of that year:

"The top three album artists were Queen, Bob Marley and Sade." (Billboard, November 1984)

The Top selling albums for the period were: "Now that's What I Call Music III", "Legend" (by Bob Marley and The Wailers), "Diamond Life" (by Sade), "Can't Slow Down" (by Lionel Richie), and "Private Dancer" (by Tina Turner).

What I find interesting is that Queen's "The Works” wasn't listed among the Top 5 albums of the third quarter but Queen were still the best selling album act during that period; it is rather obvious that if they were really the top selling album acts (as stated above), it had to have been because of their big back catalogue sales for the rest of their albums.

This is what Queen were doing in the British Top 200 in 21 September 1984 (courtesy of Slightlymad):

#9 The Works
    #22 Greatest Hits
    #85 A Night At The Opera
    #123 A Day At The Races
    #134 Sheer Heart Attack
    #138 The Game
    #148 Queen 2
    #160 Live Killers
    #161 News Of The World

In the annual Top 1000, Queen made the list 14 times, tied with Genesis and only below David Bowie (but Queen sold more than them altogether).

In 1986:

"Among the "veteran", albums first released ten or more years ago, Queen's "A Night At The Opera" was the biggest seller (30,000 copies)…". (Record Mirror, 1987)

As you can see, and although I don't have full information for the period I'm mentioning, these little snippets show that Queen were among the best selling catalogue bands at one point of their career; which means that it isn't really true to say that they never did well. There was a point where it worked for the band, nothing prevents them from achieving it again. For the record, I don't think the new reissues will sell well (just like you, anyway).

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat January 29th, 2011, 01:04

This week on UK album charts -

166. (153) GREATEST HITS [REMASTERED] (Queen)

Madonna's Celebration at no. 132 sold 1,408 copies so maybe Queen sold 1,200? Pathetic sales and promotion from Island Records - their new record company....

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat January 29th, 2011, 01:30

Here is a breakdown of the DVD "Queen Rock Montreal" in Brazil, based on the codes that have been sent so far:

Queen Rock Montreal
    AA5050
    AB8000
    AC?
    AD?
    AE?
    AF?
    AG?
    AH?
    AI?
    AJ?
    AK?
    AL?
    AM?
    AN3000
    AO1000
    AP?
    AQ?
    AR?
    AS?
    AT?
    AU?
    AV15000
    AW1500
    AX?
    AZ1000
    BA?
    BB?
    BC?
    BD10500

Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid
    AA5250
    AB?
    AC?
    AD?
    AE?
    AF?
    AG?
    AH?
    AI?
    AJ?
    AK?
    AL?
    AM?
    AN5000

For "Queen Rock Montreal"
    Total codes: 30
    Known codes: 8, which add up 45,050 copies.
    Missing codes: 22

Assuming 1,000 copies per each missing code, we have a minimum of 67,050 copies.

For "Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid"
    Total codes: 14
    Known codes: 2, which add up 10,250 copies
    Missing codes: 12 codes

Assuming 1,000 copies per missing code, we have a minimum of 22,250 copies.

At least 89,300 copies. I would like to have some further codes so as to come up with a better result. Because some of the codes are likely to be a bit higher than 1,000, I would say that Queen's "Rock Montreal" has sold approximately 100,000 copies in Brazil. It is very good for a DVD in that market.

Legend
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by » Sat January 29th, 2011, 14:28

Argentina
    RANKING SEMANAL POP DEL 16/01/2011 AL 22/01/2011

5 GREATEST HITS I (REMASTERED) - QUEEN
    6 GREATEST HITS II (REMASTERED) - QUEEN
    Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Superstar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat January 29th, 2011, 14:57

Japan

39 Queen Greatest Hits (2,745)

I would like to thank Loris39 and Borderwolf for these updates. It is nice to see the albums charting in two of the countries where they were most successful: Italy and Argentina.

In Italy, it charted a total of 37 weeks between 2001, 2002, 2006, 2007 and 2008; and now it adds up another week.

The Argentinian chart is based on shipments but it is still interesting to see. This is how "Greatest Hits II" debuted in Argentina in 1991:

Early November 1991,
    Argentina Top 10

1 JOYRIDE, Roxette
    2 PELUSION OF MILK, Luis Alberto Spinetta
    3 MIRADA PROFUNDA, Roxette
    4 SWALLOW THIS LIVE, Poison
    5 GREATES HITS II, Queen
    6 GUARANTEED, Level 42
    7 GRANDES EXITOS, Queen
    8 SIMPLY THE BEST, Tina Turner
    9 NIGHT CALLS, Joe Cocker
    10 USE YOUR ILLUSION II, Guns N' Roses

It eventually reached #1. I would love to have updated sales figures for Italy and Argentina. :(

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon January 31st, 2011, 02:55

Subjective me. What is the best Queen album?

Not your favourite, that's easy.