Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic FC

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Wed September 13th, 2006, 01:02

Quote Originally Posted by cidermaster
    Just a reminder everyone,Celtic take on Man U torrmorrow night at Old Trafford.So get down the boozer or put your feet up in your warm home,and Enjoy.CELTIC to win 3-2,i think,why not,yes why not.
    Oh its on Sky Sports 2,yes a pain in the arse for many,including me,either the boozer of Radio Five Live.

Cheers Cidermaster.

PS This is the Champions League,of course.
    Why not get sky if you watch lots of football :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Wed September 13th, 2006, 14:30

That is a bloody good point cal.Maybe i should cut down on the cider and lager.Its going to be hard,infact very very very very very hard,to say the least.

Cheers Cidermaster.
    You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Thu September 14th, 2006, 01:07

Just a reminder everyone,Celtic take on Man U torrmorrow night at Old Trafford.So get down the boozer or put your feet up in your warm home,and Enjoy.CELTIC to win 3-2,i think,why not,yes why not.
    Oh its on Sky Sports 2,yes a pain in the arse for many,including me,either the boozer of Radio Five Live.

Cheers Cidermaster.

PS This is the Champions League,of course.
    What was the score, seems to have passed certain people by

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri September 15th, 2006, 08:12

This is only half time cal,Celtic will be judged after faceing Man U at home in Glasgow.I think Celtic can win that one for sure.I also think both British Teams will get through this group.As the great Dan Maskell used to say " We Shall See"

Cheers Cidermaster

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri September 15th, 2006, 11:43

This is only half time cal,Celtic will be judged after faceing Man U at home in Glasgow.I think Celtic can win that one for sure.I also think both British Teams will get through this group.As the great Dan Maskell used to say " We Shall See"

Cheers Cidermaster
    Bottom of the group

Going to Copenhagen needing a result is going a tall order for Celtic.

Celtic have never won an away match in the Champions League

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri September 15th, 2006, 16:12

Cheers cal,good banter,however we are home to Copenhagen in our next match,i predict a 6-1 home win,and i am not kidding.We are overdue an away win in the Champions League,and we will get 2 this season.
    Cheers Cidermaster.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue October 17th, 2006, 23:45

Come on the Bhoys.Well done Celtic,beating Benfica 3-0 at home,a very cool result.We are going to have a great Champions League season.

Cheers Cidermaster

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 6th, 2006, 00:00

Well done Rangers,another good result in Europe,great to know both the Old Firm will be in Europe after Christmas.

Cheers Cidermaster

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 6th, 2006, 01:17

Well done Rangers,another good result in Europe,great to know both the Old Firm will be in Europe after Christmas.

Cheers Cidermaster
    Are you scottish or born in glasgow?

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 6th, 2006, 08:20

Cheers cal,and yes i am Scottish,and was born in the great city of Glasgow.

Cheers Cidermaster

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 13th, 2006, 09:44

With the Scottish League Title all but in the bag,it is vital that Celtic have a long run in the Champions League.
    Also Rangers need a long run in the UEFA Cup.Both these things are SO important for Scots football.

Cheers Cidermaster

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 13th, 2006, 13:38

1 Man Utd 4 3 0 1 7 3 4 9
    2 Celtic 4 2 0 2 6 6 0 6
    3 Benfica 4 1 1 2 3 4 -1 4
    4 FC Copenhagen 4 1 1 2 1 4 -3 4

All this after been soundly smashed at Benfica.

I am going for a draw on Tuesday night. Benfica to do Copenhagen on there own soil and just takng 2nd place

Rangers are in wont win in France.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Mon November 13th, 2006, 15:42

Celtic as i said before will win their last 2 Group fixtures,and in total style!

Cheers Cidermaster

PS cal,i think you have a soft spot for Celtic,you just do not know it!!!!!! YET!!!!!!!!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Fri November 17th, 2006, 01:32

Did anyone see Rod Stewart on UK Hall Of Fame,wearing his Celtic shirt,shouting "Up The Hoops"

Cheers Cidermaster

by Sat November 18th, 2006, 13:36

Whilst not wishing to burst the rather fragile bubble of a Celtic supporter banging on about wonderful support, a quick trawl through some websites with regards to attendances in football throughout Europe, & we don't have to travel back to far to see the mighty Celtic's support wasn't quite so loyal, only back to season '93/'94 & shock horror! an average attendance of just, 22,759, paid at the Parkhead turnstiles to cheer on the Bhoys,

Premier League 1993-1994
    Club Average
    1 Rangers 43.358
    2 Celtic 22.759
    3 Aberdeen 12.878
    4 Hearts of Midlothian 11.009
    5 Hibernian 9.728
    6 Kilmarnock 9.073
    7 Dundee United 8.624
    8 Motherwell 7.895
    9 Partick Thistle 7.123
    10 Dundee 5.878
    11 St. Johnstone 5.850
    12 Raith Rovers 4.868
    Total 12.420

Obviously, anybody who's vaguely interested in football knows, both Glasgow clubs do have large support, but please don't ever try to compare it with UNITED'S, for as long as I've been interested in football, first attended a UNITED match, Nov.'74, Div.2 V. Hull City, UNITED have been Britains best supported club, & lets not go down that long & boring road of "glory hunters", watching your team get beat 2-0 by Hull, isn't my idea of glory hunting, since '74, & a good few years before that Uniteds ave. Att. has been the highest in the UK for all but 2 seasons, both of which coincided with ground redevelopment at OT.
    Btw, most people who went to Barcelona on that glorious night estimated there was well over 100,000 UNITED fans in the city that night.
    Btw2, how come 80,000 Celtic fans can turn out for a Euro final, but the stadium was barely half full for the recent CIS cup match V. Falkirk? Glory Hunters? Celtic fans?

by Sat November 18th, 2006, 13:39

Whilst not wishing to burst the rather fragile bubble of a Celtic supporter banging on about wonderful support, a quick trawl through some websites with regards to attendances in football throughout Europe, & we don't have to travel back to far to see the mighty Celtic's support wasn't quite so loyal, only back to season '93/'94 & shock horror! an average attendance of just, 22,759, paid at the Parkhead turnstiles to cheer on the Bhoys,

Premier League 1993-1994
    Club Average
    1 Rangers 43.358
    2 Celtic 22.759
    3 Aberdeen 12.878
    4 Hearts of Midlothian 11.009
    5 Hibernian 9.728
    6 Kilmarnock 9.073
    7 Dundee United 8.624
    8 Motherwell 7.895
    9 Partick Thistle 7.123
    10 Dundee 5.878
    11 St. Johnstone 5.850
    12 Raith Rovers 4.868
    Total 12.420

Obviously, anybody who's vaguely interested in football knows, both Glasgow clubs do have large support, but please don't ever try to compare it with UNITED'S, for as long as I've been interested in football, first attended a UNITED match, Nov.'74, Div.2 V. Hull City, UNITED have been Britains best supported club, & lets not go down that long & boring road of "glory hunters", watching your team get beat 2-0 by Hull, isn't my idea of glory hunting, since '74, & a good few years before that Uniteds ave. Att. has been the highest in the UK for all but 2 seasons, both of which coincided with ground redevelopment at OT.
    Btw, most people who went to Barcelona on that glorious night estimated there was well over 100,000 UNITED fans in the city that night.
    Btw2, how come 80,000 Celtic fans can turn out for a Euro final, but the stadium was barely half full for the recent CIS cup match V. Falkirk? Glory Hunters? Celtic fans?

by Sat November 18th, 2006, 13:49

PS, not having a dig at a mighty fine club,( my old fella's a lifelong Celtic fan, 83 this year,born in Govan,) but just a quick heads up, it certainly has got boring over the years listening to some people going on about UNITED fans being a bunch of glory hunters, its funny, pre-premiership, & Fergie's glory years I never once heard that remark.
    Btw I also think Celtic will beat United at Parkhead next week.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sat November 18th, 2006, 17:12

Man U took 55,000 fans for the Barcelona Champions league final,Celtic 80,000 for the Seville,these were UEFA minimun numbers.
    Away games in the Champions League,well Celtic take the most on average,of any team.That also applies tp UEFA Cup aswell.
    Oh i used to watch Man U in 80s with mates,and remember attending a league game against Wimbledon,just over 23,000 in the ground.Falling attendances can happen to any club,and remember there a far more big teams to attract crowds in England.
    Man U have a bigger casual support than Celtic,but Celtic have a bigger hard core following.
    But i would concede Man U have the biggest fan base in Britain,Celtic are a clear 2nd.
    Celtic however have the biggest away support,when it counts.

Cheers Cidermaster

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 09:28

I remember the game well, I was one of those 23,000.

Re: Barca, I wasn't refering to fans inside the ground, I meant all the fans who travelled to the city, with or without tickets.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 09:54

What do you think the score will be on Tuesday night jimmmm,it looks set to be on hell of a match.
    I think Celtic will rise for the occassion and play with total passion,it is going to be one of Celtics best ever Eurpean performances,because it simply has to be.
    Man U are a very good team,and if we play anything less than our best,then we are in trouble.
    What do you think about Celtic joining the Premiership,a good idea?,or a bad one??

Cheers Cidermaster

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 10:03

I'm a bit puzzled as to this "casual" & "hard-core"
    do you seriously believe if Celtic were to suffer relegation they would be the biggest supported club in Britain, in season '73-'74 when United got relegated they averaged over 42,000, whilst in Div. 2 they averaged a massive 46,178, with 1, 60,000+ crowd, and 6, 50,000+ crowds.Hardly casual support I think you'd agree.
    Sorry if I seem to be banging on a bit about UNITED'S support in your thread about Celtics undoubtedly GREAT & LOYAL support, its just as I stated in my previous thread I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing so much rubbish about UNITED, & their "glory hunting" fans, the old rubbish about all UNITED fans not living in MANCHESTER, I never once heard this garbage before the Premiership, & all the "new" supporters who seem to have sprung up from here, there, & everywhere for ALL clubs, since its inception, the kind of fan who hang onto every word uttered on soccer am, & who make me cringe with embarrassment when they celebrate a goal with that shockingly dreadful, "easy, easy" chant.

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 10:17

What do you think the score will be on Tuesday night jimmmm,it looks set to be on hell of a match.
    I think Celtic will rise for the occassion and play with total passion,it is going to be one of Celtics best ever Eurpean performances,because it simply has to be.
    Man U are a very good team,and if we play anything less than our best,then we are in trouble.
    What do you think about Celtic joining the Premiership,a good idea?,or a bad one??

Cheers Cidermaster
    Tuesday night, wow, what a game it promises to be, now here's ont thing I will concede to you about support, Celtics fans create an atmosphere second to none anywhere in the world, & they could have a massive bearing on the outcome of the game, after the last round of matches in the C/L the whole group is wide open, & Celtic have a fantastic opportunity to progress, thats why I'm leaning towards a Celtic win, they showed me enough in the first half at OT they're more than capable of competing with UNITED.
    Regarding the Celtic/Rangers in the Prem debate, I'd like to see it, I think initially they'd both struggle to finish in Euro placing, but in a few years, when the extra money from being in the Prem. really kicked in, I seriously believe either side could make serious challenges for the title, & it would shake up the "comfortable" top 4 in the Prem.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 10:19

Do not get me wrong,i know Man U have a massive true support,i used to live in Manchester,and knew many a Man U fanatic.
    Anyway i think Chelsea hold the title for Glory Hunters,the amount of loyal Chelsea fans that have suddenly appeared in North Wales in the last 2 years,is amazing.
    Celtic also hold some fine attendance records,including the biggest ever crowd for a European Cup match,136,000 for Celtic v Leeds,semi final 2ng leg,at Hampden.
    One must remember Celtic are not running on full potencial,now if they played in the Premiership,that would happen.
    I also know a Man U fanatic who has Celtic as his 2nd team,he went to both Barca 99 and Seville 03.He is not bias atall,how could he be,anyway he said Celtic took noticebly more for their final.Spanish news and newspapers also said that.
    Mind you my mate reckons Man U will beat Celtic on Tuesday,but he still wants both to go through.

Cheers Cidermaster

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 10:33

Yeah, I'd like to see both teams go through, the C/L needs teams like Celtic, & UNITED in the later stages, & as I said before, with my old fella being Celtic mad, I'd like to see it happen for him.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun November 19th, 2006, 10:43

Put it this way,i will not be complaining if both Celtic and Man U go through.
    Did you ever go into the Park Pub in Altrincham,Cheshire,now a deceased boozer now.Anyway it used to be run by Pat Crerand,when i was 16 and 17 i was a regular,great banter in there.What a pub,many a Celtic fan or United fan had a cracking laugh in there.
    I had many a good chat with Pat and his son.I wonder who they will be supporting this Tuesday,it will be both,they love both clubs.

Cheers Cidermaster