X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebigham
    Legend
    • 16 Aug 2005

7/21 Catalog chart

23 WAR 57 54 54 PRINCE VERY BEST OF PRINCE 3,025 +2% 2,964 1,352,898 (1xp)

Comment

• marcello09
      • 24 Oct 2005

Originally posted by nibblet
      Personally, I don't think cd sales via ticket concerts should be counted in the chart.
      I agree. I went to see Prince three times on the "Musicology" tour. Some of my friends saw him six times, and some serious die-hard fans saw him a few dozen times!

So what happened to all those extra "Musicology" CD's that we supposedly purchased? If you were at the concert, you'd notice that a lot of them were left behind, lying on the floor, destined for the landfill. I love Prince, but that doesn't seem like a legitimate "sale" to me!

Comment

• Danny86
        Roadie
        • 30 Oct 2006

What's the reason of the re-enter of Ultimate this week? Sold at the tour?

Comment

• borderwolf
          Legend
          • 11 Dec 2006

Billboard Top 200 11 august 2007

03 NE 01 Prince, Planet Earth 95,508 999 95,927
          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• borderwolf
            Legend
            • 11 Dec 2006

Originally posted by Danny86
            20.002 copies sold in U.K.
            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Danny86
              Roadie
              • 30 Oct 2006

Originally posted by borderwolf
              Thanks, but my question was more like "what caused the sales increase?"... ;)

Comment

• asg
                • 30 Mar 2006

just maybe the 2.8mil ppl who got the cd in the papers went out and bought them. I dont think he is sellin it at the o2 since it is a warner release he doesnt get as much royalty from warner as compared to the new releases and the kinda deal he currently has with sony he could sell stuff at the o2 and keep 100% of the proceeds. Like if he sold musicology he would get 100% of the profit unlike other acts who only get to keep 10%

Comment

• borderwolf
                  Legend
                  • 11 Dec 2006

Apologies for quote: my intentions was to add another info...
                  Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Danny86
                    Roadie
                    • 30 Oct 2006

Originally posted by asg
                    just maybe the 2.8mil ppl who got the cd in the papers went out and bought them. I dont think he is sellin it at the o2 since it is a warner release he doesnt get as much royalty from warner as compared to the new releases and the kinda deal he currently has with sony he could sell stuff at the o2 and keep 100% of the proceeds. Like if he sold musicology he would get 100% of the profit unlike other acts who only get to keep 10%
                    Yes, that makes sense, thank you!

Comment

• Danny86
                      Roadie
                      • 30 Oct 2006

UK: Ultimate falls 6-9
                      US: Planet Earth falls 11-20

Comment

• MJDangerous
                        Legend
                        • 14 Nov 2004

Sign O the Times in #198 in UK !
                        25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

• Maripol
                          Manager
                          • 14 Jul 2005

Originally posted by MJDangerous
                          Sign O the Times in #198 in UK !
                          Genius album, his best.

Altho I also like Dirty Mind and 1999.

All of his 80s albums are worth investigating.
                          Mummy, mummy, it's the Gods!

Comment

• AutomaticBR
                            Legend
                            • 03 Jul 2004

"Ultimate" Sales in the UK :: 93,897
                            Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

• NothingFails
                              Legend
                              • 09 Jan 2004

I wonder where Planet Earth will end up at in America. The album has mixed word of mouth at best, and even among Prince fans, this album seems to already be regarded as one of the weakest in his catalog (and considering the albums he recorded between 1992-1999, barring Gold Experience, this says something). I always like to see Prince sell well, but I don't think the album will be able to wind up doing even what 3121 did. 3121 was generally regarded as a good album.
                              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• thebigham
                                Legend
                                • 16 Aug 2005

12/08/07 Catalog chart

200 PRINCE VERY BEST OF PRINCE 3,179 +67% 1,898 1,401,976 (1xp)

Comment

• NothingFails
                                  Legend
                                  • 09 Jan 2004

On a whim earlier, I was looking at reviews on Amazon and decided to type in Prince. Outside of the two most recent collections and a few of the poorer catalog sellers (like Come and Symbol), the entire Warner Prince catalog is currently available only via used CD's, even the bigger titles like 1999 and Purple Rain that would never go out of print.

Makes me wonder if this means Warner is planning on releasing remaster editions of his 1978-1994 catalog in the new year. 2008 would make sense since it not only marks Prince's 50th birthday but also 30 years from the release of "For You", his debut. Does anyone know if they are working on these or if it's just a mere coincidence and the majority of his albums all sold out at once?

If this is the case, what a nice Christmas present from Warner.

Comment

• facedown36
                                    Roadie
                                    • 29 Oct 2005

Originally posted by NothingFails
                                    On a whim earlier, I was looking at reviews on Amazon and decided to type in Prince. Outside of the two most recent collections and a few of the poorer catalog sellers (like Come and Symbol), the entire Warner Prince catalog is currently available only via used CD's, even the bigger titles like 1999 and Purple Rain that would never go out of print.

Makes me wonder if this means Warner is planning on releasing remaster editions of his 1978-1994 catalog in the new year. 2008 would make sense since it not only marks Prince's 50th birthday but also 30 years from the release of "For You", his debut. Does anyone know if they are working on these or if it's just a mere coincidence and the majority of his albums all sold out at once?

I wish it could be! Nevertheless, Prince really don't care about it...Maybe when he dies?

Comment

• NothingFails
                                      Legend
                                      • 09 Jan 2004

Originally posted by facedown36
                                      Originally posted by NothingFails

I wish it could be! Nevertheless, Prince really don't care about it...Maybe when he dies?
                                      true, but it is probably Warner's doing. Purple Rain still sells exceptionally well for a studio album from 1984 (it's catalog sales are slightly lower than Thriller and much stronger than Born In The U.S.A.) that I don't think Warner would just up and delete it without good reason. Come to think of it, I've noticed stores have been low on Warner Prince stock for a few months, so maybe the remasters are something that are really going to happen. Purple Rain is way too good a catalog seller to just delete, it was still selling at over 2000 a week a few months ago.

Comment

• thebigham
                                        Legend
                                        • 16 Aug 2005

1/26/08 chart:

2 WAR 162 159 PRINCE VERY BEST OF PRINCE 1,641 -21% 2,078 1,420,253 (1xp)

Comment

• evaorig
                                          Personal Assistant
                                          • 27 Jun 2005

Originally posted by thebigham
                                          1/26/08 chart:

2 WAR 162 159 PRINCE VERY BEST OF PRINCE 1,641 -21% 2,078 1,420,253 (1xp)
                                          Very good numbers for Prince but it seems like it has cut into "Purple Rain's" sales because it's not charting catalog wise like it was several months ago.

Comment

Working...