User Tag List

Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5420

Thread: Mariah Carey - E=MC²

  1. #5401
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,259
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-03-19, 12:21

    Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    It's certainly no secret that Migrate should have been the second single. It was such an obvious choice, that I just can't believe they didn't go with it
    With the TMB hype, Mariah beating Elvis, bish looking hot af, and Migrate being this massive bop, the song probably should have debuted at #1.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealest View Post
    Why don’t people like O.O.C? Issa bop
    I love O.O.C.

    "So s'cusa me, te quiero mucho papi"

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
    her most commercial-sounding album

    filled with so many potential singles
    Yep.
    Basically almost all the tracks have single potential.

    TMB
    Migrate
    IBLULT
    I'm That Chick (The Hills arrangement)
    Side Effects

    She could have collected AT LEAST one more #1 and some Top 5/10 hits.

  2. #5402
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,259
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-03-19, 12:23

    Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Whenever I want to introduce anyone to her music, I always start with this
    I used to start with Butterfly, then TEOM or Daydream and then Emotions.

    Now I would start with Caution.

  3. #5403
    MrDash's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    18 Nov 2018
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,152
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

  4. #5404
    SawyerHewitt's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    24 Dec 2013
    Location
    Plainfield, Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,710
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-03-19, 14:26

    Yeah, had they stuck w/the obvious single choices from the album, this would've been massive.
    Sold like 2.5 ww. Would've sold like 2m in the USA alone and like 3.5/4m WW.

    01. TMB
    02. Migrate
    03. Side effects
    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

  5. #5405
    latincoffee's Avatar

    Join Date
    15 Sep 2018
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-03-19, 20:16

    My faves from EMC2 are TMB, ISIL, Last Kiss, FTR.
    IG: @latincafe

  6. #5406
    Bulwieboo's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    20 Apr 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 30-03-19, 23:18

    Cruise Control slays hard. Actually is one of Mariah's best fun songs

  7. #5407
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    14,249
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 31-03-19, 00:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwieboo View Post
    Cruise Control slays hard. Actually is one of Mariah's best fun songs
    True. It could have been a single in summer 2009: "2009... watch it!"
    My personal chart And Madonna enters... at #... - Click here

  8. #5408
    lambforever's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Mar 2010
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,497
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 31-03-19, 00:39

    The potential in E=mC. This album is the fun mariah album and full lf bops that needed to be released. Wished yhe 2nd single was a bop
    Proceed with Caution

  9. #5409
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,259
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 31-03-19, 13:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwieboo View Post
    Cruise Control slays hard. Actually is one of Mariah's best fun songs
    I love that song!

    The ballads on Einstein are quite weak, but bish served BOPS for days.

  10. #5410
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,802
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  11. #5411
    JeremySpears's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    24 Mar 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 14:07

    One of my favorite albums of her. It could’ve been a lot bigger with the right single choices.

  12. #5412
    MrDash's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    18 Nov 2018
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,152
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 14:46

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    11 Years Ago today....


    How much was the debut figures? I thought TEOM was her highest selling first week album?
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

  13. #5413
    JeremySpears's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    24 Mar 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 14:57

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDash View Post
    How much was the debut figures? I thought TEOM was her highest selling first week album?
    463,000 copies. TEOM sold 404,000 copies.

    It also had the third biggest first week sales by a female artist that year behind Taylor Swift‘s ”Fearless“ (592,000) and Britney’s ”Circus“ (505,000).

  14. #5414
    MrDash's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    18 Nov 2018
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,152
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 15:08

    Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears View Post
    463,000 copies. TEOM sold 404,000 copies.

    It also had the third biggest first week sales by a female artist that year behind Taylor Swift‘s ”Fearless“ (592,000) and Britney’s ”Circus“ (505,000).
    This was before ticket-bundling was a thing right ... Huge numbers though!
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

  15. #5415
    TheRealest's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,983
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  16. #5416
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,249
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 19:09

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDash View Post
    How much was the debut figures? I thought TEOM was her highest selling first week album?
    TEOM was the Highest and then E=MC2 took the spot with more than TEOM. Both were in the 400K much more though
    Underneath The Stars

  17. #5417
    allygdale's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,562
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 20:33

    A fierce timeless classic

    Mariah blessed track after track with dem full midrange vocals, serving buttery TONE from start to finish

    None of the songs except IWYW called for showy lead vocals, but with Einstein, there was a will, and there was a way, so Queen belted dem adlibs into Earth orbit, her G4 left shaking on the tarmac

    Migrate and Side Effects should have been singles over Bye Bye and I Stay In Love

    We love the breezy disco of ITC and live for the vocal arrangement from The Hills performance

    Some chose to forget Last Kiss with its sensual Purple Rain inspired melodies and the best vocals on the whole album, but not me, not Quincy Jones

    IBLULT is pure joy, OOC is a modern Fantasy, Cruise Control the reggae banger we never knew we needed, Thanx
    4 Nothin’ a gorgeous forelorn guitar moment and FTR pure ethereal lust that make me feel some type of way

    4Real4Real? Issa vibe

    E=MC2, we love, appreciate, and enjoy you, you’re so fun to spend time with
    Last edited by allygdale; 15-04-19 at 20:41.

  18. #5418
    musiclover2174's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,489
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 21:42

    Such a great and fun album overall. But every time I remember the era with all the wrong single choices, I can't help but feel sad with all the missed opportunities.

  19. #5419
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,249
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 21:49

    Quote Originally Posted by allygdale View Post
    A fierce timeless classic

    Mariah blessed track after track with dem full midrange vocals, serving buttery TONE from start to finish

    None of the songs except IWYW called for showy lead vocals, but with Einstein, there was a will, and there was a way, so Queen belted dem adlibs into Earth orbit, her G4 left shaking on the tarmac

    Migrate and Side Effects should have been singles over Bye Bye and I Stay In Love

    We love the breezy disco of ITC and live for the vocal arrangement from The Hills performance

    Some chose to forget Last Kiss with its sensual Purple Rain inspired melodies and the best vocals on the whole album, but not me, not Quincy Jones

    IBLULT is pure joy, OOC is a modern Fantasy, Cruise Control the reggae banger we never knew we needed, Thanx
    4 Nothin’ a gorgeous forelorn guitar moment and FTR pure ethereal lust that make me feel some type of way

    4Real4Real? Issa vibe

    E=MC2, we love, appreciate, and enjoy you, you’re so fun to spend time with
    One of my absolute favorite album. Perfect from beginning to end (for me).
    Plus 2008 was a great time for me, and of course, the whole feeling is just incredible for me!!!
    Underneath The Stars

  20. #5420
    musiclover2174's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    08 Apr 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,489
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-04-19, 22:04

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    With the TMB hype, Mariah beating Elvis, bish looking hot af, and Migrate being this massive bop, the song probably should have debuted at #1.
    The song debuted on the Hot 100 the same week the album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 so it wouldn't have debuted at #1. However, I do agree that this would have been her 19th #1. T-Pain was also popular during that time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •