Beyoncé - Irreplaceable

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevin
    • 20 Nov 2004

Why isn't anybody addressing that Ne-Yo is listed as a co-writter himself? Who are the other 4 peopke credit for "writing lyrics" and what did they contribute???? :-?

If it were SO inportant for him to get sole credit for writing the damn song, why did he share a writing credits with 5 people he claims didn't write anything???

Not excusing Ms. Knowles, but clearly it is Ne-Yo who's making a mountian out of a mole hill. His intentions seem a bit malicious to me.
    Aaliyah....Aaliyah....WAKE UP!!!
    EnVogue....Where the hell ya at??
    Chante Moore...marry me!

Comment

• crazy4bk
      Personal Assistant
      • 02 Apr 2006

i am a big beyonce fan, but i dont think neyo was being malicious, if i wrote the majority of the lyris, and a few other people added some things, i would say i wrote the song. ANd it doesnt seems like he said he wrote the entire song, it sounded like he said beyonce didnt right any of it.

Comment

• kevin
        • 20 Nov 2004

Originally posted by crazy4bk
        i am a big beyonce fan, but i dont think neyo was being malicious, if i wrote the majority of the lyris, and a few other people added some things, i would say i wrote the song. ANd it doesnt seems like he said he wrote the entire song, it sounded like he said beyonce didnt right any of it.
        No...he made it clear he wrote all of the lyrics. That is what he said on the radio show that people are linking all over the world at least. That makes me question why is this such a big issue when he shared writing credits with 4 other people including Beyonce.
        Aaliyah....Aaliyah....WAKE UP!!!
        EnVogue....Where the hell ya at??
        Chante Moore...marry me!

Comment

• Hype
          Legend
          • 08 May 2002

Originally posted by t_dot
          who the hell cares who wrote it, B sings the hell out of it.
          exactly!
          CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

• bigjlofan
            • 08 Nov 2006

7 weeks!!!!

Comment

• joao
              Superstar
              • 30 Dec 2004

Wow, discovery of the year... Beyonce is manufactured as the Backstreet Boys. She represents the female idiotization of our ocidental culture and she deserves an award for being a symbol for such a moral and artistic crisis. Hmmmm... Never believe when a doll like Beyonce or Britney is credited along 4 or 5 professional songwriters... In the 90´s with BSB and N Sync people started criticizing artists that were too manufactured and didn´t take part in writing a song, and that ruined the careers of many. Labels know about it, and as a trick they just add the name of the performing singer as "co-writer" alongside people who really wrote the song and earned money to do it. There´s no art in this business, is just people making products to sell, and within 10 months will have no relevance.

Comment

• joao
                Superstar
                • 30 Dec 2004

Originally posted by Zuzu18
                Originally posted by Irreplaceable
                How the hell can you say how much she writes and how much she doesn't? Just because she didn't write a couple of her songs, that doesn't mean she doesn't write 90% of her material.

LMAO, so you think you're telling the truth? How the **** do you know that Brandy writes all of her own material. You're probably just jealous because you know that bitch gonna flop.

Oooooh heres the curse words and the defensiveness.. Classic

Brandy ONLY puts credits to her name on track when she writes, otherwise her producers would have called her out like Beyonces have.

Scott Scorch has also commented on this trait of Beyonces dont forget aswell as others!

Dont forget this is the same Beyonce who put her name on the writing credits of SILENT NIGHT becuase she changed a few words!!!!! From thier DC XMAS album!!!
                LMAO, didn´t you know Yonka has credits for writing some verses on the Gospels of John and Mark? And she wrote the first chapter of Genesis, and most of the stuff credited to Plato.

Comment

• joao
                  Superstar
                  • 30 Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ruman
                  Maybe she meant that she wrote the vocal arrangement for Emotions, she does that often doesnt she. She did it for the Destiny Fulfilled album, And she did it for Opera of the Bells, which is perhaps one of the best vocal arrangements of all time!
                  Vocal arrangements don´t give rights for a songwriting credit. EVERY cover version has different arrangements then the originals, which doesn´t mean the one who sings has a songwriting credit.

Comment

• amsterdamned
                    Superstar
                    • 21 Oct 2004

Originally posted by bigjlofan
                    7 weeks!!!!
                    No End In Sight
                    and my heart just melts
                    Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• crazy4bk
                      Personal Assistant
                      • 02 Apr 2006

Originally posted by joao
                      Wow, discovery of the year... Beyonce is manufactured as the Backstreet Boys. She represents the female idiotization of our ocidental culture and she deserves an award for being a symbol for such a moral and artistic crisis. Hmmmm... Never believe when a doll like Beyonce or Britney is credited along 4 or 5 professional songwriters... In the 90´s with BSB and N Sync people started criticizing artists that were too manufactured and didn´t take part in writing a song, and that ruined the careers of many. Labels know about it, and as a trick they just add the name of the performing singer as "co-writer" alongside people who really wrote the song and earned money to do it. There´s no art in this business, is just people making products to sell, and within 10 months will have no relevance.
                      all pop is manufactured, but that doesnt necesarily make it bad, whitney, jackson 5, supremes, temptations, janet, they all have that stylized sound, and were big money makers, but it doesnt make them bad. and i think music is just a reflection of our society in general. we are a very wasteful society with a short attention span. we are the disposible generation, thats just the way it is. people not writing their own songs doesnt bother me, being a great singer doesnt make u a great writer, id rather have someone who rights shabby songs but sings song from good writers very good, as oposed to them singing thier own. writing ur own music doesnt make u any more "real" or better. BIllie holiday= amazing, frank Sinatra=amazing, lena horne=amazing, sammie davis= amazing.

Comment

• urbanmusik
                        Legend
                        • 15 Sep 2006

all pop is manufactured, but that doesnt necesarily make it bad, whitney, jackson 5, supremes, temptations, janet, they all have that stylized sound, and were big money makers, but it doesnt make them bad. and i think music is just a reflection of our society in general. we are a very wasteful society with a short attention span. we are the disposible generation, thats just the way it is. people not writing their own songs doesnt bother me, being a great singer doesnt make u a great writer, id rather have someone who rights shabby songs but sings song from good writers very good, as oposed to them singing thier own. writing ur own music doesnt make u any more "real" or better. BIllie holiday= amazing, frank Sinatra=amazing, lena horne=amazing, sammie davis= amazing.
                        Beyonce isnt manufactured though. she writes a lot of her songs. And she is mostly R&B not pop.
                        late.

Comment

• dereon
                          Legend
                          • 17 May 2006

7 weeks!!!!
                          8 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• mykka
                            Legend
                            • 05 Jan 2004

Originally posted by dereon
                            7 weeks!!!!
                            7 weeks this week. Probably will make it 8 weeks next week.

Comment

• dereon
                              Legend
                              • 17 May 2006

Originally posted by mykka
                              Originally posted by dereon
                              7 weeks!!!!
                              7 weeks this week. Probably will make it 8 weeks next week.
                              Oh Ok !! But It Is Already A Monster Hit !!

Comment

• crazy4bk
                                Personal Assistant
                                • 02 Apr 2006

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                Beyonce isnt manufactured though. she writes a lot of her songs. And she is mostly R&B not pop.
                                when i say pop, i dont mean it in the traditional sense, i mean like big artist/mainstream artist, cuz to me singers like mary j are not mainstream, and all beynces singles are very friendly towards pop radio. i think beyonces music is pop mixed with hip hop, more then just r&b.

Comment

• philosoph
                                  • 14 Jan 2007

to the left, to the left
                                  Weekly Top 50 - http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 836#884836

No homo, you can bet your balls I meant it.

Comment

• urbanmusik
                                    Legend
                                    • 15 Sep 2006

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                    when i say pop, i dont mean it in the traditional sense, i mean like big artist/mainstream artist, cuz to me singers like mary j are not mainstream, and all beynces singles are very friendly towards pop radio. i think beyonces music is pop mixed with hip hop, more then just r&b.
                                    Kind of agreeing with you there. I think mary J.Blige is radio freindly though. Beyoncé's music may be radio freindly but it is more r&B mixed with Hip-hop. She doesn't have ,any songs that you would say are on more of the pop side
                                    late.

Comment

• SmoothKid
                                      Personal Assistant
                                      • 06 Oct 2006

so, umm...where's the lie in this? Ne-Yo clearly says that Beyonce helped him write the song. Beyonce NEVER in this entire video says that she wrote the song all by herself without help from anyone in the world.

If you look inside of Beyonce's album cover it says who wrote the song,S.Smith and the S stands for Shaffer which is Neyo's real name.Now she did put in on the song some what but he wrote it.Whoever did the most on a song name is always listed first and on EVERY song BUT this ONE her name is listed first.Shaffer Smith is listed first for Irreplaceable so he wrote it.Look it up for yo damn self and LET IT GO!!!!
                                      And I'm crazy, all day, all night
                                      Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?

Comment

• bigjlofan
                                        • 08 Nov 2006

damn, falloutboy on top of itunes, followed by nelly furtado, and daughtry! beyonce #4 :evil: :evil:

Comment

• dereon
                                          Legend
                                          • 17 May 2006

damn, falloutboy on top of itunes, followed by nelly furtado, and daughtry! beyonce #4 :evil: :evil:
                                          That's Itunes But On The Billboard Charts She Is Stil 1

Comment

Working...