Page 2 of 357 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciara - Fantasy Ride

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat February 2nd, 2008, 23:00

AS I keep saying it might not have sold just as much as Goodies but it MADE her A Artist! This next one I think she's gonna blow them away just listen to them remixes!

by » Sun February 3rd, 2008, 19:08

Great... I hope she works more in switching it up with more ballads like promise and incorporating fast songs too with this album. A good mixture of ballads,fast songs would make the album hot. I also hope she uses her vocal ability more on this. I like Ciara.. she's pretty cool.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sun February 3rd, 2008, 22:55

With the evolution Ciara had something to prove. That she wasn't a one hit wonder or a one trick pony and that's exactly what she did. This next album is gonna prove her as a serious artist I think as she has gained alot of respect from her last album and she is definatly gonna switch it up.
    "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sun February 3rd, 2008, 23:00

Quote Originally Posted by CuteScorpio86
    Great... I hope she works more in switching it up with more ballads like promise and incorporating fast songs too with this album. A good mixture of ballads,fast songs would make the album hot. I also hope she uses her vocal ability more on this. I like Ciara.. she's pretty cool.
    I don't really want ballads like "I Found Myself", but yeah I'd love to see Promise styled tracks.

I really hope she does a collab with Missy!

by » Mon February 4th, 2008, 21:54

I would actually love more songs like So Hard, I Found Myself, Promise, etc. Or fast tracks like Like A Boy. I really liked Evolution, but I do find that her dance tracks tend to get a little same-y. They're all talking about the same thing, in a similar style.

by » Tue February 5th, 2008, 17:04

Quote Originally Posted by firefairyangel
    I really liked Evolution, but I do find that her dance tracks tend to get a little same-y. They're all talking about the same thing, in a similar style.
    Don't get me wrong the Evolution was a good cd too. However I felt like Ciara made too many dance tracks which got boring quite and very redundant. Not to mention a lot of the songs started to sound too much like the previous tracks on the album. I hope she works on making the album more diverse in style and showing off her vocal ability a lot more. I also hope she works with hot producers... Timbaland comes to mind as one of them!

by » Tue February 5th, 2008, 21:41

Quote Originally Posted by CuteScorpio86
    I really liked Evolution, but I do find that her dance tracks tend to get a little same-y. They're all talking about the same thing, in a similar style.
    Don't get me wrong the Evolution was a good cd too. However I felt like Ciara made too many dance tracks which got boring quite and very redundant. Not to mention a lot of the songs started to sound too much like the previous tracks on the album. I hope she works on making the album more diverse in style and showing off her vocal ability a lot more. I also hope she works with hot producers... Timbaland comes to mind as one of them!
    Exactly what I was saying. That's part of why I liked her doing the slower songs: because it was something different compared to what else she's done.

by » Tue February 5th, 2008, 23:58

To be honest at first I hated "The Evolution". I found it very boring and it seemed to be an exact copy of her debut album (which I liked anyway but I was expecting something more because I've always seen big potencial in Ciara - even when she was making songs like "Goodies" or others!).
    Luckily, after several listens I have fallen in love with almost every song on this record. But that's fact - the slowers songs are definately better than up-tempos. I hope she will take a right direction with her new record!
    I am not sure if I wanted her to have a collaboration with Timbaland. I have no doubt he knows how to make big hits but they are so samey very often! I wouldn't scorn if Timbaland made something more innovative for Ciara at all, though!

by » Thu February 7th, 2008, 08:39

^^^

Ciara and Timbaland can be good.. I mean look at the chemistry he had with Brandy and Aaliyah on their albums. I'm sure Ciara and Timbo could be hot.

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Thu February 7th, 2008, 14:49

I am so sick of Timbo! So sick! Is Timbo and Stargate the only 2 producers left??? Where's Cool and Dre? Where's SoulShock and Karlin? Babyface?

But then again, for the style that suites Ciara best, Timbo might be a good idea!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon February 18th, 2008, 14:21

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxi81TZFFk

She's looking for new dancers!!!
    She's recording!!!!Csn't wait to hear her new stuff.

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Mon February 18th, 2008, 16:27

Quote Originally Posted by cristy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolves8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxi81TZFFk

She's looking for new dancers!!!
    She's recording!!!!Csn't wait to hear her new stuff.
    I think I can wait... she needs to take her time and give us a quality record. The last one was very good but I felt the promo was up to bullsshhh...
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

by » Mon February 18th, 2008, 19:27

They should of released "My Love", the only track on the album apart from "Promise" - that showed an actual "Evolution" should of released that as the last single and done some promo, that would of bought The Evolution back - then maybe a re-release with new material to keep it going a little longer.. I think that would of been best.. But NO! its done now.. So Disappointed how this turned out!
    Open Your Eyes.....

by » Mon February 18th, 2008, 23:38

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay
    They should of released "My Love", the only track on the album apart from "Promise" - that showed an actual "Evolution" should of released that as the last single and done some promo, that would of bought The Evolution back - then maybe a re-release with new material to keep it going a little longer.. I think that would of been best.. But NO! its done now.. So Disappointed how this turned out!
    How did So Hard and I Found Myself, even Like a Boy, not show evolution??

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 19th, 2008, 02:12

Ciara is currently squeezing in studio time for her third as-yet-untitled album, tentatively slated for either August or early September. The songstress has already garnered tracks from DanjaHandz, the Clutch, Polow Da Don and T-Pain.

Ciara is also still filming her lead role in the upcoming Codeblack Entertainment film adaptation of the stage play, "Mama, I Want to Sing." The film co-stars Patti LaBelle and is expected to hit theaters later this year.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1003727231

Sounds hot

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Wed March 19th, 2008, 05:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2WsVaIh ... re=related

She goes off at the 1:00 Mark...WOW lol....Mama J been working that butt off!

Go Ciara!!! Wow

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Thu March 20th, 2008, 13:51

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay
    How did So Hard and I Found Myself, even Like a Boy, not show evolution??
    Well i suppose them tracks did show an Evolution, i was just peeved they decided to move along and not release My Love.. LOL.. It seriously is one of the best tracks of recent times and it deserved a release!!
    Open Your Eyes.....

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri March 21st, 2008, 01:25

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoet
    With the evolution Ciara had something to prove. That she wasn't a one hit wonder or a one trick pony and that's exactly what she did. This next album is gonna prove her as a serious artist I think as she has gained alot of respect from her last album and she is definatly gonna switch it up.
    I concur. Well point. Even though she produced more than one hit on Goodies. She's an entertainer. People need to get into it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri March 21st, 2008, 12:28

Party albums sell. She needs more uptempo songs, not ballads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Fri March 21st, 2008, 13:07

Quote Originally Posted by kushi
    Party albums sell. She needs more uptempo songs, not ballads.
    Agreed.
    Ciara & Danja will be hot. I just hope it doesn't go electro like his work with DK & Britney.

She needs to create an uptempo album with a few crunk tracks, few slow jams like Promise and lots of uptempo ones like Like A Boy.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri March 21st, 2008, 19:13

She had already stated that she wantes this album to make fans dance from beginning to end.