Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey - Bye Bye

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:14

Second single of Mariah's upcoming album E=MC2, and the follow up to the smash hit 'Touch My Body'.

Confirmation

Preview the song HERE

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:17

DiscoPop UK

One track in particular is set to make big bucks, and that's Bye Bye - a torch song for people "who lost they grandmothers". I guarantee that Simon Cowell will be sick of hearing badly-realised auditions of it by the end of the year.
    Roger Friedman(Fox News)

"Bye, Bye" a powerful ballad that should be a single and will probably close the album. It's a natural singalong in concert, too, which could make it not only wildly popular but a possible Grammy contender next year. Look out.
    VH1

11. “Bye Bye” (co-produced by Stargate) -- When Mariah first started promoting Mimi, she described “We Belong Together” as a cross between “Breakdown” and “One Sweet Day.” That description is infinitely more appropriate for “Bye Bye,” a song about death that’s “for my people who just lost somebody,” “for my people who lost their grandmothers” and seemingly for Mariah’s departed father, Alfred Roy (“You never got to see me back at No. 1”). It’s nice that Mariah’s on a confessional kick, although a track with the “We Belong Together” sonic template and lyrics tailored appeal to everyone on such a basic level seems like too easy of a combination for someone as established as Mimi. This one’s like insurance -- in case nothing else is a hit, here’s a sure-shot. But ultimately, it turns out that the album is too good for that.
    Ado FM

Stargate again is the producer with a slow jam track, slower than "That Chick" but it doesn't sound like Irrepleacable by Beyonce for example. It's more of a pure Mimi Style a-la "We Belong Together". The track is very sad, its theme is the loss of those we love. It sounds like a hit with a superb vocal finale.
    MTV UK

In typical Mariah fashion there were the legendary ballads "Love Story" and tear jerker "Bye Bye" (an ode to people who have passed away) that will have reality pop contestants singing away for decades to come!
    Rolling Stone

The album also tosses in a couple of big-voiced ballads ("Bye Bye," a piano-based song about losing someone close to you)
    Mariah

"Bye Bye" that is about somebody passing away and a lot of people really have strong reaction to it and really feel emotional but I do say this is for everybody. Basically, it starts out with this is for people who just lost somebody so it's like anybody who's been through that experience can relate to it. But it's like you know, that's its own kind of moment on the album and it has its place of that emotion and there's some other songs that are a little bit more about like my personal experiences.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:18

I just heard about this song today. Its another top 10 maybe number 1 if things go well.

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:20

OHHH MMMYY GOSH! Mariah my love for u just went thru the roof!
    Open Your Eyes.....

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:26

Is it really bad? people dont seem to like it?

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:32

Gosh the video's been taken down already. I CRACKED! I'm so rubbish! The melody and lyrics were sweet, I can't remember them now though :( It was "I wish we could stay together... whether it's your mother, your baby, your brother or your lady... lift your head to the sky... and say bye" or at least something like that! And it was just "bye" rather than "bye bye".

It sounded more "urban" than I thought it would, for want of a better word. It sounded more like a Jermaine Dupri production than anyone else, maybe a bit like "Why Her" by Monica??

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:34

^^ The link I posted in the first post still works for me

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:35

Quote Originally Posted by firefly_86
    Gosh the video's been taken down already. I CRACKED! I'm so rubbish! The melody and lyrics were sweet, I can't remember them now though :( It was "I wish we could stay together... whether it's your mother, your baby, your brother or your lady... lift your head to the sky... and say bye" or at least something like that! And it was just "bye" rather than "bye bye".

It sounded more "urban" than I thought it would, for want of a better word. It sounded more like a Jermaine Dupri production than anyone else, maybe a bit like "Why Her" by Monica??
    yea i was thinking that too..... but Why Her was B.Cox right? - i love that song....
    Open Your Eyes.....

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:38

^^No it was Jermaine Dupri. But yeah I thought the beat, piano and melody were similar.

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 18:41

^^No it was Jermaine Dupri. But yeah I thought the beat, piano and melody were similar.
    shame OK!! Yea the sound is pretty similar.... *scratches head..
    Open Your Eyes.....

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 19:06

Wasn't entirely sure why other thread was locked so glad you got confirmation and a link BanZai!
    The song sounds pretty good! Like the rest of the album, can't wait to hear it in HQ.

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 19:13

NOOOO!

I'm not listening to it!

Everybody seems to like it though. Ugh! These next couple of weeks are going to be dreadful.

I can't wait any longer.

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 19:13

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay
    shame OK!! Yea the sound is pretty similar.... *scratches head..
    Thats because B. Cox is a protege of JD. Sort of what Danja is like to Timbaland. At least thats what i think. In fact some of the tunes they have done are "Co-produced" by both B.Cox and JD.
    Usher | My Way | 8701 | Confessions | Here I Stand | Raymond Vs Raymond | Looking For Myself | Hard II Love

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 19:28

This sounds like We Belong Together and Irreplaceable put together. Its very generic. Based on those listening party reviews I was expecting WAY better. Its kind of dissapointing. It'll be a hit though. "That Chick" is still the best of the bunch to me.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 20:02

How is that possible to delete every link, audio etc.? :x :evil:

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 20:10

Quote Originally Posted by candyman
    How is that possible to delete every link, audio etc.?
    Mariah is very powerful! She tore down someones site!

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman
    How is that possible to delete every link, audio etc.?
    Mariah is very powerful! She tore down someones site!
    The bitch! I loved Kevipod!

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 20:14

Thanks, will take a listen

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Mon March 31st, 2008, 20:21

i like it. its really a mix between we belong together and the typical stargate beat

this should have been first, then migrate :-?
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!