Thread: Postal Service - Such Great Heights

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by Fri January 7th, 2005, 19:05

Postal Service is a US electropop duo who released their debut album back in 2003. This song is taken from that album but it was inside the Billboard top 100 a month ago, so maybe it was re-released or something. Anyone heard it? It's a sweet little pop song. Not really dance though. :-?

You can download the song from their record company's site (4.07 mb) or hear a sample here (545 kb)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Sun April 19th, 2009, 05:12

WOW! I didn't know you had interest in them back then!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue April 21st, 2009, 02:01

They play this track often at work, and I enjoy it every time. A friend of mine tracked down the LP, and I am pleased to report the entire album is good!

ETA: You can watch the fragile beauty of this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMOkfI7wCrI

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue April 21st, 2009, 02:18

I found it very interesting to discover that this song has become widely covered by various artists!

Wiki:
    Ben Folds covered "Such Great Heights" on Australian radio station Triple J using a piano, forks, tin foil, and glass. He also played the song live during his Fall 2006 tour, including once in his MySpace webcast on October 24, 2006. He also covered it on the Summer 2007 tour with John Mayer.
    Iron & Wine did a cover of the title track and was featured on the soundtrack for Garden State.
    Teddy Geiger did a cover of the song "Such Great Heights" exclusively in a live performance for Boston radio station KISS 108.
    Matt Nathanson has often covered part of "Such Great Heights" as an outro to his song "Bent".[4]
    Rilo Kiley did a live cover version.
    The Section Quartet did a cover version on their album Fuzzboxx.
    Amanda Palmer of The Dresden Dolls has performed "Such Great Heights" solo on keyboard at live concerts.
    The Scene Aesthetic did a live cover on tour.
    The Wrong Trousers did a cover of Such Great Heights [5] on their album One and Counting [6]
    Shael Riley covered Such Great Heights and posted a video[7] of himself dancing to it on Youtube on February 01, 2009.
    FrankMusik an UK artist, also covered "Such Great Heights"
    The New Standards covers it on their new album "Rock and Roll"

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by Tue April 21st, 2009, 11:27

I didn't know that Frankmusik covered this, i thought it was his own. Brilliant song!

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by Sat January 16th, 2010, 01:50

I've warmed up again to this song, after the recent debate about whether Owl City is just a blatant Postal Service copycat or not. True, it's sad that this song never met half the success Fireflies has so far - perhaps it's time for a re-release?
    It did spend years (yes, not weeks, not months, but YEARS) at the top of the global LastFM chart, so it's obviously a popular tune to say the least!

Amazing song, still sounds so fresh after all these years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Fri July 26th, 2019, 14:22

USPS offering pretty cool services. Their services are pretty cool. All USPS employees using Lite blue portal.
    Last edited by welerein; Fri July 26th, 2019 at 14:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Wed August 14th, 2019, 13:12

Liteblue login Courier is best and the service is pretty good. Liteb blue login

Legend
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

by Wed August 14th, 2019, 13:20

The Iron & Wine cover is still my favourite version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Thu August 29th, 2019, 12:26

LiteBlue is united states Government website is designed and used only for postal service employees. Liteblue will help people in their career, benefits, and keep everyone connected with policies that affect their Job. Anyone should not use LiteBlue USPS to assist their performance of work for the Postal Service outside of their schedule or approved work time. Liteblue USPS Gov is packed with information about career development revenue service performance, products, and recognition. Liteblue has a secure connection to check access to PostalEase during the open season and change user benefits selections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Tue September 3rd, 2019, 06:56

JNTU World is a website gives information about JNTUH, JNTUK, JNTUA, Time Tables, Exam Results, updates, and Government Jobs and Study materials.