Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Rowland

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 13:57

Okaay, thought I better start this before Auriela does.

It has been confirmed by several sources, one being Kelly herself that Ms. Kelly has indeed started working on her third album.

She is cooking up something a bit for "deeper" and "inspiring" for us and hopes to have it out in early '09'.

Plus, in an interview with The Script today in the Sun, they confirmed that are collaborating with Kelly for her album (she approached them) and are covering a Stevie Wonder song.

MORE CONFIRMATION SEEN AS SOME DON'T BELIEVE DESPITE NUMEROUS OF REPORTS!!!!

American R'n'B singer Kelly Rowland said she had liked what she had seen of Coventry despite the constantly changing weather.

"I drove into Coventry and saw the countryside. It's really beautiful," said the former Destiny's Child member, who starts work on her third solo album next week.
    March 24th
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/

Although busily promoting the reissue of her "Ms Kelly", the "Diva Deluxe", it seems that Kelly has also found some time to work on new tracks, which is precisely what her career needs right now, her fans concur. When asked by the "Daily Record" about her plans at the moment, Kelly simply responded "I'm going back into the studio as I've just started the third album", thus putting to rest all rumors and speculations about her future professional move.
    http://www.inoutstar.com

Is that enough confirmation?
    "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 14:01

I'd really love her to do a Euro/Dance(ish) album; with lots of ''Work's'' .

..but she still wants to be successful in the States, so I guess we'll just get another flop .
    SSS & MMM

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 14:03

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee_fan_UK
    I'd really love her to do a Euro/Dance(ish) album; with lots of ''Work's'' .

..but she still wants to be successful in the States, so I guess we'll just get another flop .
    No, this time it seems she is appealing to the more of the UK crowd. She is always here and is talking about buying living her. Plus she would like to collaborate with major UK artists.

Kelly Rowland has said she would like to collaborate with UK singer-songwriter Kate Nash.

The former Destiny's Child star also claimed that she is interested in working with Alphabeat, The Script and Guillemots.

"I definitely want a new sound so I am jamming in the studio with amazing musicians who just love music," she told the Daily Star.

"I've asked The Script to do a duet and The Guillemots have given me one of their tracks to listen to."

She continued: "I would love to do something with them or Alphabeat, and Kate Nash is dope."

Rowland also revealed that she is hoping her third LP will be "deeper" and more "inspiring" than her first two solo albums.

Danity Kane

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 16:00

I just want a pop/alternative album!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 16:03

It's funny because I saw Kelly meet the Guillemots on that Nokia Green room show and they gave her a song to listen to and then in their interview on Radio 1 they said they'd approached her, but she hadn't got back to them.

However, I'm not sure whether we have enough information for this topic yet, I'm not convinced there's suitable evidence that a new album is under way.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 16:05

Quote Originally Posted by SholasBoy
    It's funny because I saw Kelly meet the Guillemots on that Nokia Green room show and they gave her a song to listen to and then in their interview on Radio 1 they said they'd approached her, but she hadn't got back to them.

However, I'm not sure whether we have enough information for this topic yet, I'm not convinced there's suitable evidence that a new album is under way.

She's mentioned it in various interviews! Search online... you bound to find at least one!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 16:14

It's not down to me to search online, anyone who's been on this site long enough should know to include an official source.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 17:09

Quote Originally Posted by SholasBoy
    It's not down to me to search online, anyone who's been on this site long enough should know to include an official source.
    seen as you are so bothered by the fact I didn't listen a source (out of several), you'll be happy to know that the original post contains two.

I just hope that is enough. >>>>

Danity Kane

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 20:14

The Script To Collaborate With Kelly On Third Album!

The sun: You’re set to work with Kelly Rowland. Tell us about the song.

Danny: She approached us saying she loved our music and thought it would be a great idea to collaborate. We met and jammed out some ideas and came up with a Stevie Wonder song that I’m not allowed to tell you about just yet.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 20:25

Kelly In Cosmo Magazine Australia:

Kelly in Sunday Magazine:

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 20:26

Quote Originally Posted by alxx
    Oh. A cover.
    I Was Like That Too! First Daylight, No Man No Cry Now This.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 20:29

don't like much the sunday mag cover but the fotos inside are gorgeous, same for cosmo...and she has a really beautiful pair of legs..

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2008, 20:37

I hate that cover...it looks like her wig is weighing her down -_-.

Legend
    So when I see you, say "Hey, hey, hey daddy"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 15:25

"Inspiring"...noooooooooooooooo! :x

She should be working to making a really good, solid R&B/Pop record, with some tinges of Hip-Hop, Soul, Dance, and Rock. Maybe even reggae

Kelly needs to ease up on the ballads and slow jams.
    One or two love songs is good but having like five tracks on the album with the word love (I Love You, Love Me Back, Love is So Good, Can't Nobody Love U, Love All Night, So Much Love, Kelly Luv U Real Gud, etc) is just,,,bleurgh.

I think its cool that she wants to experiment and collaborate with other artists but she really needs to think very carefully about those collabos...

Good collaborations for her would be with Darkchild, Stargate, Baby Dubb, Kanye West, Chris Martin/Coldplay, Damian Marley, Sean Paul, Da Brat, Eve, etc. Staying away from anything too alternative or too commercial (T-Pain, Young Berg, Ray-J) and going for some really talented high-end collabos.

A cover can either work brilliantly or terribly...Daylight was crap, and No Man No Cry was completely bland - on the other hand, Stevie Wonder is hugely talented, so depending on the song it could be perfect for Kelly

I would really like the remix of "Still In Love with My Ex" (feat Young Texuus) to be included in the new record....and I still think its foolish of them not to release Comeback as a single in UK (until new album is ready)
    Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 16:50

With all these rumoured collaborations, it sounds like this isn't even going to be the genre of R&B :( Why doesn't she just do a hot R&B album with some nice guest rappers (not Kanye West, not T-Pain, some diff people for a change)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 16:52

Quote Originally Posted by bkh
    With all these rumoured collaborations, it sounds like this isn't even going to be the genre of R&B :( Why doesn't she just do a hot R&B album with some nice guest rappers (not Kanye West, not T-Pain, some diff people for a change)
    i agree and didnt she just release an album???

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 17:00

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    Quote Originally Posted by bkh
    i agree and didnt she just release an album???
    Well it was fairly recent, the re-release of "Ms. Kelly" but it took so long for the original album to be released, she should reward us by coming up with #3 quicker but I'm not liking the sound of it with all this Kate Nash, The Script, etc...

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:09

It's never good! if she did a PURE r&b album every one would say she isn't trying something new but only sticks to her old sound... some people are so annoying! But i've never really liked pop so it's obvious for me to say that i wan't a pure r&b record!

ms. kelly just had bad singles that's it! otherwise it could've been quite big especially with LOVE, COMEBACK, STILL IN LOVE WITH MY EX & GOTSTA GO!!

If gotsta go was released as first single things would be different!

I know things went wrong but i have to mention that it is one of the strongest r&b albums from The 00's it shows so much growth and her vocals are GREAT! And she hits back hard with this album and showed the haters that beyonce isn't the only tallented artist in DC3!

but we should leave it and concentrate on the new album which will be defenitely a more pop record kinda good for europe but bad for the US so she has to do it with all the promotion because there's defenitely interest in her over there in the US, she only needs to present her more in the US, she had the opportunity in the US with the BET awards but that one was one of her worst performances to date sadly but she defenitely improved since then! so i hope they give her a second chance to re-present her!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:24

Its so funny how he said they went into studio and jammed, and after all that, they came up with a cover? LOL

Ah Kelly.

So much talent, so much waste.

But what is funny is she has the ability to change the course of her career if she made some tough but big changes. But she never will it seems, and is destined for another unsuccessful project.

A big part of that is Kelly herself. As a singer you cant fault her beautiful tone, and her ability as a singer and as a dancer. But as an artist she really doesnt know who she is.

With each album that passes by, she says she wasnt ready or she wasnt happy or it wasnt what it should have been..and she tends to jump onto whatever seems to be working at the time. So the Freemasons remix did good here so now she's going to do stuff just like it. And focus on UK/Europe, becuase thats who'se supporting her.

When in fact she needs to do something GOOD and get everyone in on the act. Could be RnB, POP, Dance whatever. But do what YOU want and make it work.

Its funny after SOOO many years in the industry, she still doesnt know herself as an artist. So sad becuase she's my fav member of Destinys Child. Always has been.
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:31

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu18
    Its so funny how he said they went into studio and jammed, and after all that, they came up with a cover? LOL

Ah Kelly.

But what is funny is she has the ability to change the course of her career if she made some tough but big changes. But she never will it seems, and is destined for another unsuccessful project.

A big part of that is Kelly herself. As a singer you cant fault her beautiful tone, and her ability as a singer and as a dancer. But as an artist she really doesnt know who she is.

With each album that passes by, she says she wasnt ready or she wasnt happy or it wasnt what it should have been..and she tends to jump onto whatever seems to be working at the time. So the Freemasons remix did good here so now she's going to do stuff just like it. And focus on UK/Europe, becuase thats who'se supporting her.

When in fact she needs to do something GOOD and get everyone in on the act. Could be RnB, POP, Dance whatever. But do what YOU want and make it work.

Its funny after SOOO many years in the industry, she still doesnt know herself as an artist. So sad becuase she's my fav member of Destinys Child. Always has been.
    I actually agree, she needs to take time to find who she is herself and then attempt an album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:37

your right on a lot of things but i also thinks that people just think " oh it's that singer from DC3" so they don't really put interest in her kinda sad because she's real tallented! and i wish that i would get the opportunity to met all the people who did a interview with her to push a stone in their holes! because they are gettin'on my nerves with their questions about bee! it's time now to see her as an individual artist since they seperated from dc3! but i'm afraid that it will be always an issue for her and the wonderfull michelle!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:43

Quote Originally Posted by alxx

Ah Kelly.

I actually agree, she needs to take time to find who she is herself and then attempt an album.
    IMO she already did find it out ms. kelly is what she is! maby kinda brandy inspired but though it suits her perfect!

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:48

Quote Originally Posted by dereon
    your right on a lot of things but i also thinks that people just think " oh it's that singer from DC3" so they don't really put interest in her kinda sad because she's real tallented! and i wish that i would get the opportunity to met all the people who did a interview with her to push a stone in their holes! because they are gettin'on my nerves with their questions about bee! it's time now to see her as an individual artist since they seperated from dc3! but i'm afraid that it will be always an issue for her and the wonderfull michelle!
    True.

But again, so much of that is brought on by Kelly herself.

She is under thier thumb, and it seems quite gladly so. So she's constatnly spending time that should be devouted to talking about her own project, in fact talking about Beyonce, Michelle and a DC Reunion.

She doesnt push HERSELF enough.

A huge part of that is her continued affiliaton with Mathews managment.

If you look at Michelle, she gets ALOT LESS of that than Kelly.

And again MsKelly is an album which pulls on other peoples sounds rather than her own. And even what was hers, she' has said it wasnt good enough again. So it doesnt seem she was happy with that either.

Maybe that could that just be a way to make up for its failure, or a genuine omission, who knows?
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:54

If you look at Michelle, she gets ALOT LESS of that than Kelly.
    Yeah, but Michelle gets alot less of everything than Kelly! ;) If she had Kelly's opportunities, things would probably be similar.

And Kelly and Bee are great friends, so I think its great that they talk about eachother all the time!