Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 19:57

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmusik
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu18
    If you look at Michelle, she gets ALOT LESS of that than Kelly.
    Yeah, but Michelle gets alot less of everything than Kelly! ;) If she had Kelly's opportunities, things would probably be similar.

And Kelly and Bee are great friends, so I think its great that they talk about eachother all the time!
    LOOL!

Well actually state side Michelle has been doing bigger. The Colour of Purple musical was a huge deal for her to be in. Tops anything Kelly has done this in the last few years.

When it comes to business, fshps/rshps need to be put aside, UNLESS they benifet you. Its about business. About selling units and getting coverage. A passing remark is cool, but thats not what it is with Kelly. And it turns into a negative, becuase the focus on Kelly the SOLO ARTIST gets wiped away with each minute she spends talking about Beyonce, DC, Michelle ect.
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 20:01

Quote Originally Posted by dereon
    your right on a lot of things but i also thinks that people just think " oh it's that singer from DC3" so they don't really put interest in her kinda sad because she's real tallented! and i wish that i would get the opportunity to met all the people who did a interview with her to push a stone in their holes! because they are gettin'on my nerves with their questions about bee! it's time now to see her as an individual artist since they seperated from dc3! but i'm afraid that it will be always an issue for her and the wonderfull michelle!
    True.

But again, so much of that is brought on by Kelly herself.

She is under thier thumb, and it seems quite gladly so. So she's constatnly spending time that should be devouted to talking about her own project, in fact talking about Beyonce, Michelle and a DC Reunion.

She doesnt push HERSELF enough.

A huge part of that is her continued affiliaton with Mathews managment

And again MsKelly is an album which pulls on other peoples sounds rather than her own. And even what was hers, she' has said it wasnt good enough again. So it doesnt seem she was happy with that either.

Maybe that could that just be a way to make up for its failure, or a genuine omission, who knows?
    AGREE!

Legend
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 20:02

Yeah, but Michelle gets alot less of everything than Kelly! ;) If she had Kelly's opportunities, things would probably be similar.

And Kelly and Bee are great friends, so I think its great that they talk about eachother all the time!
    LOOL!

Well actually state side Michelle has been doing bigger. The Colour of Purple musical was a huge deal for her to be in. Tops anything Kelly has done this in the last few years.

When it comes to business, fshps/rshps need to be put aside, UNLESS they benifet you. Its about business. About selling units and getting coverage. A passing remark is cool, but thats not what it is with Kelly. And it turns into a negative, becuase the focus on Kelly the SOLO ARTIST gets wiped away with each minute she spends talking about Beyonce, DC, Michelle ect.
    Yeah, she may talk about Bee quite a bit, but I think her friendly nature and the way that she shows that she is close to her friends may be one of the things that draws people to Kelly! I mean Beyoncé always says things like, "Yeah, I'm just off the phone with Kelly whose having a great time in London Y'know"

Michelle definitely has a lot less interviews etc. though.

Glad to hear she was a Broadway smash

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 20:27

The Script To Collabore With Kelly On Third Album!

The sun: You’re set to work with Kelly Rowland. Tell us about the song.

Danny: She approached us saying she loved our music and thought it would be a great idea to collaborate. We met and jammed out some ideas and came up with a Stevie Wonder song that I’m not allowed to tell you about just yet.
    She seems a bit desperate if you ask me...

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 20:53

LOOL!

Yeah, she may talk about Bee quite a bit, but I think her friendly nature and the way that she shows that she is close to her friends may be one of the things that draws people to Kelly! I mean Beyoncé always says things like, "Yeah, I'm just off the phone with Kelly whose having a great time in London Y'know"

It isnt a negative about her personality, but it is a negative in terms of her standing as an artist.

A perfect of what your saying was the Vibe interviews they did lol. Were you add up the mentions of one another in each article... and compared. Therein lies the evidence lol.

Legend
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 21:56

LOOL!

It isnt a negative about her personality, but it is a negative in terms of her standing as an artist.

A perfect of what your saying was the Vibe interviews they did lol. Were you add up the mentions of one another in each article... and compared. Therein lies the evidence lol.
    I knew it wasn't a negative about her personality, but I personally think it is her "standing up" in her own little way. Just being herself and talking about what she wants to

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed August 13th, 2008, 22:38

[quote=urbanmusik]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zuzu18":1bhafn29

LOOL!

I knew it wasn't a negative about her personality, but I personally think it is her "standing up" in her own little way. Just being herself and talking about what she wants to [/quote:1bhafn29]

Hmm cant say I agree, but ok.

I think everyone, but Kelly, see's though that big changes do need to be made.

Heres to hoping that she'll make em!

Legend
    So when I see you, say "Hey, hey, hey daddy"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 14th, 2008, 00:30

I don't know how many of you guys are Christians or acquainted with Christian music, but in terms of gospel music, Michelle was huge! Obviously, its a much more restricted market, so for her to have gotten two #1 albums and worldwide sales of 1 million is really doing great!

But yeah, Kelly really needs to make some big changes as to how she presents herself and be more decisive in where she's goinig with her music, and her career...and really stop promoting Beyonce, cus Beyonce already has Music World to do all her promo for her
    Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 14th, 2008, 08:26

Quote Originally Posted by siya85

Danny: She approached us saying she loved our music and thought it would be a great idea to collaborate. We met and jammed out some ideas and came up with a Stevie Wonder song that I’m not allowed to tell you about just yet.
    I must agree
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 14th, 2008, 09:42

After the ridiculous amount of promo she did in Australia this year, there will be a fair bit of interest in her lead single, hopefully it'll exceed expectations.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 14th, 2008, 09:49

Quote Originally Posted by preyan

I must agree
    even i must agree! :x

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 14th, 2008, 16:50

i hope she works with danja and the-dream on this project!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 14th, 2008, 18:39

Quote Originally Posted by Darsell
    i hope she works with danja and the-dream on this project!
    the dream this the dream that! it's time to work with darkchild, b.cox, the runners, jazze pha, danja, babyface, lt hutton etc.

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 08:31

Sorry to say but Kelly's next project already seems a mess! She gave us a pop debut, then a hardcore urban sophomore, and now it seems like an alternative third album. She seems very confused which is sad because it seems like she has no direction.

I believe that no matter what, an artist should stay true to themselves, and can still be innovative! Experiment if you must, but not to the extent where you are confusing yourself and your fans!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 16:17

Yeah, I agree. Her sound is not stable. "Stole" was a beautiful song. Then the next album she comes with a completely different direction. WIth this, she doesn't create a fanbase.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 21:21

Sorry to say but Kelly's next project already seems a mess! She gave us a pop debut, then a hardcore urban sophomore, and now it seems like an alternative third album. She seems very confused which is sad because it seems like she has no direction.

I believe that no matter what, an artist should stay true to themselves, and can still be innovative! Experiment if you must, but not to the extent where you are confusing yourself and your fans!
    True.
    And Kelly's got a nice voice - why doesn't she join a group or something! She could be the fourth member of the Sugababes. in case one of the babes decide to Depart, Kelly'd be Right there Waiting!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 21:38

Srry but you all are really making a big drama of nothing! you all didn't even heard something from her album so what are we talking about now? i'm sure my girl will not dissapoint us because she's to good for that!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 21:43

True.
    And Kelly's got a nice voice - why doesn't she join a group or something! She could be the fourth member of the Sugababes. in case one of the babes decide to Depart, Kelly'd be Right there Waiting!
    hahahahah LOL NOT! disgusting comment srry! she's getting her succes back, she's literally everywhere in the UK and her singles all did really well so i defenitely think the next round it will go better she created her own name in europe it's now only time to get her name back in the US! and i have faith in it!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 21:45

Quote Originally Posted by vesanto
    Yeah, I agree. Her sound is not stable. "Stole" was a beautiful song. Then the next album she comes with a completely different direction. WIth this, she doesn't create a fanbase.
    by trying different things you get a lot of fanbase people who love pop, r&b, rock etc. with this new album she's gonna bring all these genres into one album so it will be for everyone so i'm defenitely get what she's doing..

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 15th, 2008, 22:04

... i'm sure my girl will not dissapoint us because she's to good for that!
    Then All the best to her Third attempt at an album...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 21st, 2008, 11:16

Kelly's third album is already being pooped on before we even hear tracks...thats the problem now everybody always expects the worse from her instead of giving her a chance. That's what happened with Ms. Kelly which i must say is a solid album...I can listen to that album all the way except "The Show" still to this day...Her and her camp made some bad single choices yes, but Ms. Kelly was a good album...This third album may not be alternative has she said it would be? She never said it would be pure RnB? She annouces like one or two producers and we jumped to conclusions guys...You know Beyonce does well cause her fan base back her up...Beyonce made an album that is imo less than good and her fans were there saying gr8 job im buying though i dont like half the songs...Kelly's fans just fall on the bandwagon and think that hey because she isn't making the music Beyonce makes or DC3 makes she isn't making good music. Kelly has made some phenomenal songs like Love Again, Love, Still in Love With My Ex, Better Without You, Bad Habit, but even her fans are always looking at the mistakes her and her camp makes. Every artist isn't gone be Beyonce or Ciara or Usher or Chris Brown, but I can say this some of those legends who didn't sell so much back in the day i.e. Patti Labelle, Frankie Beverly and Maze are still consistently making music. I think Kelly will be and can be around 20 years from now Whereas these big names disappear and you never hear from them again. I personally think Kelly needs to market herself as an RnB singer in the range of Keyshia Cole and Mary J. because that's where she will find the most success imo, but i know that i will like whatever she puts out. Her best songs have been in that style and the record label or even Kelly herself to me over looks that fat that urban audiences take to her more she has that emotion yet that raw feel to make it as an urban artist, but again she makes the music she wants like she wqants. Thats how it should be and if you are a fan jump in and if not move along...all this she is going in the wrong direction bull is a waste of time when we don't know what direction she is going in at all. And downplaying covers is a bad idea Whitney Houstons biggest hits are covers...

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 21st, 2008, 21:51

Kelly will be appearing on next week's T4: T-Mobile Transmission on 4Music/C4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 22nd, 2008, 11:33

Quote Originally Posted by kellyluva4eva
    Kelly's third album is already being pooped on before we even hear tracks...thats the problem now everybody always expects the worse from her instead of giving her a chance. That's what happened with Ms. Kelly which i must say is a solid album...I can listen to that album all the way except "The Show" still to this day...Her and her camp made some bad single choices yes, but Ms. Kelly was a good album...This third album may not be alternative has she said it would be? She never said it would be pure RnB? She annouces like one or two producers and we jumped to conclusions guys...You know Beyonce does well cause her fan base back her up...Beyonce made an album that is imo less than good and her fans were there saying gr8 job im buying though i dont like half the songs...Kelly's fans just fall on the bandwagon and think that hey because she isn't making the music Beyonce makes or DC3 makes she isn't making good music. Kelly has made some phenomenal songs like Love Again, Love, Still in Love With My Ex, Better Without You, Bad Habit, but even her fans are always looking at the mistakes her and her camp makes. Every artist isn't gone be Beyonce or Ciara or Usher or Chris Brown, but I can say this some of those legends who didn't sell so much back in the day i.e. Patti Labelle, Frankie Beverly and Maze are still consistently making music. I think Kelly will be and can be around 20 years from now Whereas these big names disappear and you never hear from them again. I personally think Kelly needs to market herself as an RnB singer in the range of Keyshia Cole and Mary J. because that's where she will find the most success imo, but i know that i will like whatever she puts out. Her best songs have been in that style and the record label or even Kelly herself to me over looks that fat that urban audiences take to her more she has that emotion yet that raw feel to make it as an urban artist, but again she makes the music she wants like she wqants. Thats how it should be and if you are a fan jump in and if not move along...all this she is going in the wrong direction bull is a waste of time when we don't know what direction she is going in at all. And downplaying covers is a bad idea Whitney Houstons biggest hits are covers...
    possibly the best comment made in this topic...i agree completely.
    My debut album 'The Stories That Occurred' is out now on iTunes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun August 31st, 2008, 10:12

vote for kellys "Work" (and beyonce in different categories) for the EMA´s 2008 for Most Addictive Track!

http://ema.mtv.de
    It tastes better with music
    www.2live4music.com

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun August 31st, 2008, 10:20

well this is probably where " The script " was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RON4t41GYTE

she's singing with the script " Part-time lover " from Stevie Wonder! She did a GREAT job but plzz don't put this on your album kelly!! this is tooooooo pop c'mon and how awfull a duet with these guys.