by » Tue December 23rd, 2003, 19:30

Theres another late night one tonight 6.30pm and 10.00pm I'm such a keen-o

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu December 25th, 2003, 05:17

dunno what it is bout hollyoaks...the storylines and acting is always dreadful yet ive continued watchin it thru the years...

maybe its the girls? mmmm debbie...mmmm becca...mmmm whatever the sister of ali is called (?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue August 31st, 2004, 01:42

I've watched the odd ep here and there. I find that the way it's presnted, it just cannot be taken seriously. Too many jokey bits. Some good actors who are being seriously devalued by appearing in the show!

P.S. Love those pics on the first page ;)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue August 31st, 2004, 02:19

problem is the jokey bits REALLY arnt funny

also something else very annoying is that the producers will discover some stupid camera effect and use it to death in one episode...it looks so cheap
    Like the other month there was an episode where they suddenly started putting text of what the chracters were thinking on the screen...looked pathetic

least I know who that girl is now which I obviously didnt know b4 Darlene fittest girl on the show IMO

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riposarsi Negli Pesca Madre - 1960 - 2004
    Ti Voglio Bene! Per corteśa orologio io!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun September 12th, 2004, 13:02

Quote Originally Posted by aaliyah4ever
    problem is the jokey bits REALLY arnt funny

also something else very annoying is that the producers will discover some stupid camera effect and use it to death in one episode...it looks so cheap
    Like the other month there was an episode where they suddenly started putting text of what the chracters were thinking on the screen...looked pathetic

least I know who that girl is now which I obviously didnt know b4 Darlene fittest girl on the show IMO
    Agree with you... they are far too keen on gimmicks.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue September 28th, 2004, 11:40

dunno what it is bout hollyoaks...the storylines and acting is always dreadful yet ive continued watchin it thru the years...
    Me too! I always complain about the lack of acting skills on that show, yet I still watch it religiously.

Can someone please update me on what's been going on for the past week? I've moved up to Liverpool University last week and haven't been able to catch a single episode yet!

Has Ellie discovered it was Steph who's been tormenting her yet?
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue September 28th, 2004, 14:01

You havent missed much at all mate...just the same storylines dragged on and on

Ellie doesnt know it was Steph but Debbie told Dan it was Steph and she admitted it to him too.

Justin is still suddenly a complete waster and still just keeps saying 'ali u grassed me up' 'ali u grassed me up' over and over (also, can someone explain how one day he was normal, the next day he was a dopehead? hmmm realistic yet again Hollyoaks )

Darren had more arguments with his dad about that girl that turned up

Abby went to Uni and Lee is just being even more annoying than normal (am i the only one that whats to beat him up?)

Um thats about it I think

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue September 28th, 2004, 19:53

I dunno if I'm "growing out" of Hollyoaks or what, but lately it just bores me to tears.

I miss Geri, Izzy, Luke, Finn et al. I just don't find all these other stories all that interesting or believable.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed September 29th, 2004, 10:42

I don't really think the storylines are meant to be believable anymore. I mean, does that much stuff seriously happen to real people in a tiny little village?

Also, aaliyah4ever, you're not the only one who wants to beat up Lee. Justin's another annoying one too - it's like he's trying to constantly act hard, and failing miserably.

I just feel sorry for Ellie really. That's the only storyline I'm really interested in.

And who the hell is Dawn, by the way? She was the birth mother of that girl who suddenly turned up, but how does she fit in with the rest of the cast?
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed September 29th, 2004, 18:27

Dawn was the daughter of Gordon and Angela Cunningham, so therefore sister to Max, Cindy, Jude and half-sister to Tom. She was in Hollyoaks when it first began and had a relationship with Jambo, played by Will Mellor. She ultimately contracted Leukimia and died in Jambo's arms on Christmas Day in one of Hollyoaks most poignant moments. :(

If only the show was that good, now...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu September 30th, 2004, 12:03

Oh right, no wander I had no clue who she was. I never started watching it until the whole Luke Morgan rape story.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu September 30th, 2004, 12:22

I wondered who Dawn was as well...now I know...must have started watching it after that then although I have watched it for years and years now

Earliest bit I remember was when that bloke got blown up in Finn's bus...but I think i watched it before that too

Im still gutted Brookside finished...always enjoyed that just as much as Hollyoaks...probably would MORE now :(

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 22nd, 2004, 13:22

OMG I actually met the guy who plays Lee Hunter on Wednesday night. I was out at this club called Mood when I turned around and saw him behind me. I couldn't believe it - my first (Z-list) celebrity sighting, and I actually spoke to him for a bit!

The guy who plays O.B was also there but he was chatting up some blond girl so I thought I'd leave him to it, lol.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri October 22nd, 2004, 17:34

I'm really bored of Hollyoaks now. There's so many new characters I don't like and plotlines I couldn't care less about.

I hear an old face is returning for good at Christmas though so I'm keeping everything crossed it's someone I really like. My best guess would be Ruth.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat October 23rd, 2004, 00:45

I grew out of this a long time ago Okay, a couple of months ago but I realised I no longer found the 'comedy' funny and the acting was pitiful. There were no more characters I cared about :-? The writing and direction is pretty poor. It's as if the directors are just practising/experimenting before they go on to bigger/better things.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat October 23rd, 2004, 20:27

Yeah i still like it but the only thing they seem to do is kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss or shag someone??

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat October 23rd, 2004, 20:54

Quote Originally Posted by gaz_uk
    OMG I actually met the guy who plays Lee Hunter on Wednesday night. I was out at this club called Mood when I turned around and saw him behind me. I couldn't believe it - my first (Z-list) celebrity sighting, and I actually spoke to him for a bit!
    wellllllll is he a complete prick in real life?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue October 26th, 2004, 12:51

Well he seemed kinda alrite, very friendly anyway. The funny thing is he speaks exactly like he does on the show so I guess acting on Hollyoaks isn't a very big challenge for him then lol.

Can anyone let me know what's been going on recently?

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon November 1st, 2004, 16:57

Wooo I saw Alex Carter (Lee) and Marcus Patrick (Ben) at the Hollyoaks auditions in London - Marcus Patrick is so unbelivably gorgeous, he looks even better in real life.

Didn't get a call back though :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon November 1st, 2004, 20:17

Woo not related really, well kinda but meh. I have the same bag as Lee Creamy coloured thingy!
    River Island, although mine broke.. :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat November 20th, 2004, 19:16

How good is Hollyoaks at the moment?

The storyline with Justin is kinda annoying, granted but it's very true of that teenager cracking up situation.

I'm so pissed off, I got bored on Thursday so switched off after the break and missed Darlene being thrown through a window.

Am liking Bombhead keeping his dead mother's body in the house though...that's a really good storyline, again something that could actually happen. :-?
    Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun November 21st, 2004, 04:30

Quote Originally Posted by Skelofect
    Am liking Bombhead keeping his dead mother's body in the house though...that's a really good storyline, again something that could actually happen. :-?
    lol u best be being sarcastic

it just seems like theyve suddenly changed him from an annoying kid to a mad mental kid
    will be interesting on monday tho...cant wait for that episode

im so glad darlene aint dead! shes the only thing worth watching the show for! when she was in the bikini at that pool party...whoa

the justin thing is stupid now, the mums alwys defending him, no-one else does anything
    if i was Ali or one of Justins sisters i would have knocked him out by now the twat

I just find it funny hes gone from a normal kid to a complete phsycho/waster just from weed...realistic yeh

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed November 24th, 2004, 20:26

Quote Originally Posted by S4BUK
    MUST SEE GARY LUCY PIX:
    LINK (Warning: HOT)

SPOILER ALERT:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Toby does a runner next week leaving Ellie to question Why? Theres a pic in the magazine I got this from of Toby with rolled up tea-towel (So its like rope) behind Steph. So I give it two weeks before he's caught.[/url]
    This link isn't working??

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 31st, 2005, 07:49

Anywayz all I wanna know is why the hell are the Hunters all so bothered about Ellie leaving? After the last 6/12/18 months where they all hated her and wanted her to leave??

The show really confuses me sometimes
    Let's embrace the point of no return.